Started on: 12-01-2017 03:49 PM
Replies: 10 (841 views)
Last post by: cliffw on 12-06-2017 02:51 PM
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2017 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saw this on another Forum -----

Much of the Kit Car community is familiar with Held Motorsports (HT Motorsports), and should be familiar with West Shore Fabricating - Arraut Motorsports by now. As the manufacturer of the Kit Car, Fiero based Kit Car, and Fiero suspension systems, is announcing the closing of business by the end of December this year. Plans have already been made for the sale of the product lines, however if a buyer is not found before the end of this year, all drawings, CAD schematics, production jigs, and inventory will be scrapped.

If anyone in the kit car community is interested in this business, and does not wish for the products to disappear, contact us at 616-893-1433.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2017 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is sad.
dratts

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2017 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

This is sad.

Very sad! Maybe there are not enough of us here to support them. I bought my Held stuff used and I've had super support from both Held and Arraut. I visited Ryane in Talent Oregon which was originally Formula one suspension. Everyone of them are super people.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2017 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wonder if TFS could buy.
G-Man

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2017 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for G-ManSend a Private Message to G-ManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Notice is up on their page. Fiero line has a price of $25,000. (Eyes kids' college fund and thinks: Would the wife notice if some was missing?)

It's not chump change but doesn't $25K sound a little low? Wish I did have the cash.

Gary
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2017 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw this the other day and was surprised that it had not been posted yet on here. Hopefully the parts fall into the right hands.
unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2017 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Really sad... My car handles tit! All is their setup for 88. Front and rear.. I just emailed them to inquire about wheel bearing assemblies.. luckily I don't need them now. But what if... slap myself in the face for saying that!.. dumb a**

Please someone!.. keep their products alive! At least until supplies last.....

At least for the wheel bearings...

------other than that.. I've already have my BOMB suspension ! 😏

https://www.arrautmotorsports.com/

[This message has been edited by unboundmo (edited 12-04-2017).]

Napoleon_Tanerite

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2017 06:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by G-Man:

It's not chump change but doesn't $25K sound a little low? Wish I did have the cash.

Gary

What makes you think it's low? I don't see much (if any) assets on offer aside from a few jigs. The majority of the sale is the IP on the products for a low volume production of parts for an obscure design in a shrinking market.
Rn2016

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2017 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rn2016Send a Private Message to Rn2016Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This seems to be becoming a common trend. Fiero supporting based business going under. Maybe the Fiero scene is just not as large anymore to support them? That's bad as I'm just about to get into the scene.
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2017 03:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No use for kit car suspension if nobody is making kit cars. There used to be so many kits for the fiero online a decade or so ago.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2017 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

Saw this on another Forum -----
... if a buyer is not found before the end of this year, all drawings, CAD schematics, production jigs, and inventory will be scrapped.

If anyone in the kit car community is interested in this business, and does not wish for the products to disappear, contact us at 616-893-1433.

Hmm, this is sad. If it were my business and I could not find a buyer, I would give it away to the ones which supported it.

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock