Production Numbers by wd8ivl
Started on: 11-30-2017 04:02 PM
Replies: 24 (1541 views)
Last post by: wd8ivl on 12-11-2017 08:43 PM
wd8ivl

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2017 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wd8ivlSend a Private Message to wd8ivlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello group. There was a chart published some time back that detailed how many of each color of each body style of each Fiero was produced. Since changing computers, I've lost track of it. Could someone please re[=post it or the link too it?
Thanks,
Mike
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2017 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wd8ivl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2017 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wd8ivlSend a Private Message to wd8ivlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, but not that one.

The one I remember seeing had listings by color for each body style...Like for 1987, X number Blue GT's, X number of Blue coupes, X number of Blue SE's...etc.

Thanks,
Mike
GoGoFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2017 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GoGoFieroSend a Private Message to GoGoFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm looking for that one too. I am convinced that it exists. Check those old shoeboxes in the basement winter-coat closet !!
jjd2296

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2017 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used this production spec list and the total Canadian import numbers and figured out the possible import colours to Canada based on this chart. Figure that my 87 gold gt was potentially only one of 98 for 87. Just don’t know how many were auto or 5 speed. Mine probably the only gold one left up in the great white north with less than 45 thousand miles on it
wd8ivl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2017 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wd8ivlSend a Private Message to wd8ivlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I also know it exists....I could have swore I saved it on my old laptop, & I'm sure copied everything from that one to this one, but....could it be in Ogre's Cave?
FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2017 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe the Fiero spotters guide offers the break down on paint colors. I do not have it handy at this time.
bjc 350

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2017 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just purchased a couple Fiero Spotter"s Guide, Third Edition off EBay. They show production numbers for each color for each year. What are you trying to find? It does show the breakdown of colors in the various body styles, but only for the 88, near as I read.

[This message has been edited by bjc 350 (edited 12-02-2017).]

wd8ivl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2017 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wd8ivlSend a Private Message to wd8ivlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the reply.

I have a 1987 Blue GT, V6 & automatic with a sunroof and a 1987 Blue coupe automatic, and I'd like to know how many of each were made.

Thanks,
Mike
bjc 350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2017 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mike, is your 87 coupe an econo, 4 cylinder, (5th digit in vin is "E"), a 4 cylinder Sport (5th digit is an "M"), 4 cylinder SE, (5th digit "F", or a V6 SE (5th digit an "F" ) ? None of the info on the 87 tells me how many blue of any of the 87 models were built. It does give a total of each model, but no breakdown of color in each model, except on the 88's. Not sure if that info is out there. Out of a production run of 46,581 in 1987, 4,458 were painted blue, about 9.5 % of the run. Good luck finding what you need. Others may have a lot more info than I've accumulated in my 10 plus years messing with the Fiero hobby.
ethansfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2017 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ethansfieroSend a Private Message to ethansfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bjc 350:

Mike, is your 87 coupe an econo, 4 cylinder, (5th digit in vin is "E"), a 4 cylinder Sport (5th digit is an "M"), 4 cylinder SE, (5th digit "F", or a V6 SE (5th digit an "F" ) ? None of the info on the 87 tells me how many blue of any of the 87 models were built. It does give a total of each model, but no breakdown of color in each model, except on the 88's. Not sure if that info is out there. Out of a production run of 46,581 in 1987, 4,458 were painted blue, about 9.5 % of the run. Good luck finding what you need. Others may have a lot more info than I've accumulated in my 10 plus years messing with the Fiero hobby.

What does econo mean? I have a blue 87 4 cylinder 5 speed with the 5th digit a E

Sam
PFF
System Bot
bjc 350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2017 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
According to Fiero Spotter's Guide, there were 9,143 Econo models built in 87. They were the least expensive model and were limited as to what options you could order. According to the booklet, you could not have an Econo model with air conditioning or automatic transmission.
ethansfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2017 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ethansfieroSend a Private Message to ethansfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bjc 350:

According to Fiero Spotter's Guide, there were 9,143 Econo models built in 87. They were the least expensive model and were limited as to what options you could order. According to the booklet, you could not have an Econo model with air conditioning or automatic transmission.

My blue 87 5 spd 4 cylinder has factory AC, 5th digit in vin is an E

Sam
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2017 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doesn't the E indicate a 4 cylinder, and the M is for the V6? This would be for 85 to 87. In 88 they called all coupes E.
FIERO JOHN-WI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2017 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For 1988, you are correct it is a E for coupe, then 11 then for four cylinder it's a R, an V6 it's a 9, so it would look like this.
1G2PE11R-four cylinder coupe
1G2PE119-six cylinder coupe

GoGoFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2017 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GoGoFieroSend a Private Message to GoGoFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Back to wd8ivl's original question:

Does anyone have stashed away in their basement closet a 1987 Pontiac production report with color breakouts for each 1987 Fiero model?

In other words, for 1987:
x units Blue GTs,
x units of Blue S/Es,
x units of Blue Coupes, and
x units of Blue Sport Coupes.

This report definitely exists for 1988, and the 1988 totals can be reviewed in both the "Fiero Spotter's Guide," by Mark Corbin, and the "Enthusiast's Guide to the Pontiac Fiero."

The 1987 report is out there - check that Thom McAnn shoebox in the attic!

[This message has been edited by GoGoFiero (edited 12-04-2017).]

canfirst

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2017 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for canfirstSend a Private Message to canfirstEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wd8ivl:

Hello group. There was a chart published some time back that detailed how many of each color of each body style of each Fiero was produced. Since changing computers, I've lost track of it. Could someone please re[=post it or the link too it?
Thanks,
Mike

Is this what you were looking for?
(It has annoying pop-up Ads and I'm not sure where the information came from or how accurate it is.)
http://mowczan.tripod.com/fiero.htm#

[This message has been edited by canfirst (edited 12-05-2017).]

CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2017 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by canfirst:
Is this what you were looking for?
(It has annoying pop-up Ads and I'm not sure where the information came from or how accurate it is.)
http://mowczan.tripod.com/fiero.htm#

That list is close to this one.

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 12-06-2017).]

GoGoFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2017 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GoGoFieroSend a Private Message to GoGoFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 1987 Fiero UPC (RPO) report should look like this 1988 report....

wd8ivl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2017 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wd8ivlSend a Private Message to wd8ivlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Guys....thanks for all of the replies.

The list I'm looking for gives a lot more details than these....and I've seen it posted here before but searched extensively but couldn't find it...I might be able to interpolate what I want from what I've seen but not sure.

So what I'm trying to figure out is how many Fieros were made that were EXACTLY like mine....1987 Blue GT, Automatic, power windows, power door locks, power trunk release, AM/FM/Cassette, spoiler, grey spoke wheels, etc, etc.

Thanks,
Mike
jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2017 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did I read this right? 20 went to Japan???
PFF
System Bot
jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2017 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did I read this right? 20 went to Japan???
wd8ivl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2017 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wd8ivlSend a Private Message to wd8ivlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi again,

Someone on here suggested "The Fiero's Spotter's Guide" as a source for the info I'm looking for.

Well, it is no longer available from the source listed here, but you can find it here -> http://www.oldemilfordpress...can-car-books.shtml. It's $16 plus $4 shipping.

Not sure if it has what I want, but going t order it, just to have.

Mike

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2017 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ebay has a third edition 2017 version of the Guide. Good lick.
wd8ivl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2017 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wd8ivlSend a Private Message to wd8ivlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tshark,

Thanks....that's the same place that's selling it.....Old Milford Press....so same price but save $1.01 on shipping.

Mike

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock