Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Ultimate "Must Have" - a Bonneville Raced Fiero??

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Ultimate "Must Have" - a Bonneville Raced Fiero?? by darbysan
Started on: 11-21-2017 12:53 PM
Replies: 5 (324 views)
Last post by: Blacktree on 11-21-2017 07:40 PM
darbysan

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2017 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darbysanSend a Private Message to darbysanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not mine, but thought it was interesting. For those that have everything else Fiero related, how about a Bonneville racer, with SD4 power.

https://inlandempire.craigs...-car/6383498971.html
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2017 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an STI I drove at Bonneville, can I also add several thousand to my selling price?

The SD4 is worth some money, but the fabrication on the rest of the car looks pretty 'shade tree'
cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2017 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think it looks alright.....Most Bonneville racers look somewhat "Shade-tree".....They are just busy getting the speed.

On a side note- Have you guys ever seen the movie, "The World's Fastest Indian"...? Great movie with Anthony Hopkins as a New Zealander who, at >>>67<<< set the world speed record for an Indian motorcycle- which still stands today (Yes, it is a true story!) Surprisingly, it has both a real human story (Women will enjoy it) and technical stuff that had me hooked....And I dislike motorcycles! Check it out....
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2017 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think this one is a better example!
http://www.kearneyhub.com/s...d5-1049f883308b.html

The Indian motorcycle movie was good as was the mini-series about Harley Davidson... and I am not a motorcycle guy.

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2017 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darbysan:

For those that have everything else Fiero related, how about a Bonneville racer, with SD4 power...

Cool!

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2017 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Holy crap, I remember this car! I also still have the FOCOA magazine that featured it (4th quarter 1998). At the time, it was officially the world's fastest Fiero (fastest at Bonneville, anyway) at 147-148 MPH. I wonder how fast it goes now?

That isn't just some clapped-out jalopy. It's a piece of Fiero history.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock