Exhaust manifold studs by Cajun
Started on: 11-18-2017 07:39 AM
Replies: 9 (409 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 11-20-2017 10:46 AM
Cajun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2017 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone have experience with the exhaust studs from the Fiero Store? I'm in the process of dropping the cradle to replace several broken exhaust studs.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

[This message has been edited by Cajun (edited 11-18-2017).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post11-18-2017 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can get them at any autoparts outlet.
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2017 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I realize that I could purchase manifold studs from my local auto parts establishments, but when pricing is comparable I endeavor to support the Fiero community.

Thanks Tony for your reply.

robert1234

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2017 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for robert1234Send a Private Message to robert1234Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cajun,
I have to do the same with one of mine.
Would you mind posting how long it took you to drop it and what other things you are going to do while its out ?
Remember, take pics too.

Thanks.
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2017 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Honestly for $15 you really are not really losing anything. I plan on getting mine from there as well. They look good to me. Studs are better than bolts for sure.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post11-18-2017 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Right on. I meant zero disrespect to our community.
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2017 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Right on. I meant zero disrespect to our community.

I dont think anyone took it that way. I, just like you, like to shop locally for convenience sake. However when someone else does all the brain work for me sometimes I just like to be lazy.
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2017 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
robert1234,

As requested I will start a new thread in the Technical section to document work and progress.

This will not be a speedy job as I plan to take my time to ensure that everything that needs to be addressed is done so while the cradle and engine are out.

lateFormula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2017 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lateFormulaSend a Private Message to lateFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cajun:

robert1234,

As requested I will start a new thread in the Technical section to document work and progress.

This will not be a speedy job as I plan to take my time to ensure that everything that needs to be addressed is done so while the cradle and engine are out.

Just curious... If you plan to drop the engine/cradle to do this job, why would you use studs? To me, studs only have an advantage when installing on the engine when it is in the car because with the studs in place you can hang the gasket(s) on the studs, put the manifold in position and then put the nuts on to tighten everything. If you are pulling the cradle and are going to do the job with the cradle out, I would use ARP stainless bolts/screws.

A bolt/screw has only one potential for coming loose. A stud + nut combo has two potentials for coming loose.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2017 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lateFormula:

Just curious... If you plan to drop the engine/cradle to do this job, why would you use studs? .

For next time probably. Plus penetrating oil works better on them.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock