707 HP Hellcat Fiero? by liv4God
Started on: 11-07-2017 04:03 AM
Replies: 50 (2180 views)
Last post by: engine man on 01-06-2018 10:20 PM
cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2017 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey RN2016, I will try to take some (Only after) pics and fully explain what you are seeing, both the stabilizer bars and teh Aero I did on the front of my 73 (71) Mustang.....The Stang is long gone but I took a bunch of pics of the airdam 'cause it worked so well.

I will do a separate post for all of this....
IP: Logged
Rn2016

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2017 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rn2016Send a Private Message to Rn2016Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cvxjet:

Hey RN2016, I will try to take some (Only after) pics and fully explain what you are seeing, both the stabilizer bars and teh Aero I did on the front of my 73 (71) Mustang.....The Stang is long gone but I took a bunch of pics of the airdam 'cause it worked so well.

I will do a separate post for all of this....

Hey, I appreciate the effort! Thanks a bunch. I'm especially interested in the Fiero set up as I may just copy you when I get mine. I like the results you said you are getting from the suspension.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2017 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rn2016:

This is a very intelligent and practical way to look at it. Indeed I think many of these types of projects the person would end up spending as much as the price of a much better car. Which in the end only leaves one reason for it, because you really, really, really want it, because it's unique or something like that. But it can't be only about performance when the same money would buy you something better and more modern.

This is where I am coming from. I work in the performance industry and I see many big ideas and crushed dreams with empty pockets.

Everyone can dream but only a few can pull it off and even they can struggle.

To often these cars end up not running right, not near as fast as the should be, unreliable or stuck in a garage someplace not even running still needing thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars to be right.

We built a car at work that was a AWD street rod with pretty much a unlimited budget. It took several years to get it right and even then it still had some warts .

The car had the best of everything like a Engine built by John Lingenfelter after several engine failures. Syclone frint dtive and ZR 1 rear. The clutch had to give to a Auto ad it ate clutes with 0-60 Times in the 3 second range.

The drive shafts were titanium but they would flex and knock oft the oil filter. The body flexed badly, the Indy style suspension rode harsh. Even as we drove it around Reno at Hot August Nights the gas gauge failed.

For sure it hit a lot of attention but I really would have aged to had spent that much money with a car that was so fragile.

Now there are people out there like Mark Stielow that builds ultimate cars that are built proof. But with a major engineering degree and being one of GMs best engineers he know what he is doing and he also uses the best fab shops to help. He also has deep enough pockets to pull it off.

Then the final issue is return on investment. Most times these cars can have 3-5 times in them vs what you can sell it for. The question is can you and your family afford that.

I too used to have wild a$$ ideas too when I was young but I have learned much as I have aged and seen so many losevtheir shirt with a un drivable car in the garage.

The bottom line make sure you can do the job right or you can afford to have someone fo it right if you need to do this. If not keep with in your skills and budget.
pHoOl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2017 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pHoOlClick Here to visit pHoOl's HomePageSend a Private Message to pHoOlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep... I hear ya there. Mine's got something like 64K original miles and not a spot of rust underneath it. For now, I'm just enjoying it. If and when the motor blows up, then maybe I'll do something. As much as the idea of building it on my own sounds cool, I know the reality of it is that I'd never have the time, and would end up with a cut up project. If I had a pole barn somewhere, maybe I'd pick up a non running one, and take my time trying to figure it all out. Not much value to lose that way.

I've dreamed of having a fiero with more horsepower for almost 20 years... but where the rubber meets the road, I'd probably either buy one already done or look at something else.
turbo 3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2017 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo 3800Send a Private Message to turbo 3800Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My setup is close to 800 hp and it bolts to a factory trans

[This message has been edited by turbo 3800 (edited 11-29-2017).]

liv4God

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2017 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by turbo 3800:

My setup is close to 800 hp and it bolts to a factory trans

What engine do you have? And what transmission are you using that can handle that much power??
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2017 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
transmissions to get V8 engines in longitudinal are GM turbo hydromatic 425 with flipped differential Chrysler LHS transmission and Honda / Acura Legend automatic or standard transmission
honda transmission

Chrysler LHS Automatic

so it could be done with out stretching the fiero it just takes your imagination to do it and Money
turbo 3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2017 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo 3800Send a Private Message to turbo 3800Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by liv4God:

What engine do you have? And what transmission are you using that can handle that much power??

Its a 3800 sc engine that I took the blower off and put a turbo on. Getrag 5 spd

Rn2016

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2017 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rn2016Send a Private Message to Rn2016Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by turbo 3800:

Its a 3800 sc engine that I took the blower off and put a turbo on. Getrag 5 spd

Sounds nice. 800hp at what RPM? What is the turbo lag? It's a single, right?
liv4God

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2017 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Getrag is handling that many horses? How much torque does the engine put out? Did you beef up the transmission, axles, suspension or anything else?
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2018 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i thought i would post one more Audi transmission found in the a4 b8 2.0 tdi good for longitudinal v8 engine as you can see the axle is right behind the bellhousing flange
PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay