spark plugs by jim94
Started on: 11-01-2017 11:32 PM
Replies: 3 (272 views)
Last post by: Kevin87FieroGT on 11-02-2017 02:47 PM
jim94

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2017 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I lost a short extension while doing the fire wall spark plugs. I dropped 2 of them but found one. The car eats tools. The passenger side spark plug. My hands don't work like they use to but the car runs great. All plugs looked great. The front bank where something to loosen, lots of rust. I do put antisease on the threads. Thay where almost 3 years old.. I will find the extension one day. Now I am iceing my back with meds for pain.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2017 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Use better plugs... Base plugs from AC Autolite etc often does not have nickle etc coating as rust protection.
Front side V6 and L4 rust is a major pain rain etc gets to then thru the vents and lid edge. Worse when Recall work removes lid edge rubber.

HEI work w/ most Platinum plugs and only a little more $. Beside lasting longer have anti rust coating on metal.

Cone plugs should not be very tight.
Cone is a sealing area and a "lock washer" sim to cone lug nuts.
Many torque way to tight and causes big problems. Anti seize is lube to tighten and makes that worse for most users.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2017 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jim94:

I do put antisease on the threads.

And aren't you glad, years later... that you did!

Kevin87FieroGT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2017 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Antisieze works great on plugs. Your job could have been worse.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock