4 Cylinder gauge upgrades? by liv4God
Started on: 10-27-2017 04:10 AM
Replies: 3 (418 views)
Last post by: liv4God on 11-01-2017 02:44 AM
liv4God

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2017 04:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was recently noticing the disparity between the 4 cylinder gauges and the V6. I'm not talking about the addition of the gauges atop the hvac, but the look and functionality. Especially at night. My dd is a Formula, so I never even thought about it until I started driving my 86 coupe more and realized it is a lot different and kind of hard to see at night. I set out to improve it by swapping in brighter leds, but it was little help. I then took it apart, painted the orange backing white, colored the orange warning areas red, swapped the idiot lights from a v6 and painted the needles white and then added glow paint to the needles. I'm pretty happy with the final result.

I'm wondering what other's have done? Anything from small changes to total gauge swaps. And please post pics!

Here's a night shot of mine for starters:
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
KurtAKX

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2017 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The V6 gauges drop in once you re-calibrate the tachometer.
Wichita

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2017 07:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the Fiero inlay backlit Indiglo Gauges from SpeedHut. Although they don't make them anymore.

It's a very old picture.

I know a number of Fiero dudes back 10-years ago went this route. Either inglow marker lit or back lit (reverse)

I actually still have these gauges overlays and I won't be using anymore, as I'm converting to a glass digital dash EV setup.

So I'll just probably let someone have these indiglo overlays, if they want, since they aren't available anymore. But I'm in no hurry yet, as my current status on my project is the engine bay. Once I move into the interior and start to modify that, it is when I'll pull these overlays out. No time frame to give for that though.

liv4God

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2017 02:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's a cool look, too bad they don't make them any more. When the time comes for your interior upgrades, if you need someone to take them off your hands give me a holler

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock