I got my 86 GT back by Harold James Kie
Started on: 10-23-2017 10:48 PM
Replies: 3 (233 views)
Last post by: Spadesluck on 10-25-2017 12:37 AM
Harold James Kie

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2017 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Harold James KieSend a Private Message to Harold James KieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I finally got the 1986 Fiero Gt that I bought new back. It had been garaged for almost 24 years and I sold it in 2014 and now I have bought it back for $1. I had to have it shipped back to the West Coast but it was a small price to pay for a car with only 50k miles on it. Now I will get busy and put the DGP wide body on it and upgrade the brakes. It already has a Herb Adams suspension with Koni shocks and is lowered. I was lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time and found a cradle with a SBC (short block only) already in it and it was given to me. It seems that the person that had previously owned it had a Fiero that he built but thought it was to fast and he parted it out, giving almost everything away. I only got the cradle and I could not locate any of the other parts. I heard that in 2018 GM is going to put a 4.0L dual overhead cam engine in the Cadillac so I might wait and see where that leads to.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2017 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did I read that right, bought it back for $1? How did you work that out? haha
Harold James Kie

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2017 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Harold James KieSend a Private Message to Harold James KieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Actually, it is because I sold it for one measly dollar, three years ago. I had sold it to a very close life long friend that had helped me with it when I put it back on the road. In fact he had helped me restore a 1957 Pontiac Safari wagon several years ago and I was always grateful for his help with that project. We have an agreement that the Fiero will belong to either of us as long as we are still around.
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2017 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's very cool.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock