Bought my first Fiero by IronGeek
Started on: 10-23-2017 11:25 AM
Replies: 12 (949 views)
Last post by: Erwin03 on 11-01-2017 05:14 PM
IronGeek

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2017 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IronGeekSend a Private Message to IronGeekEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all! I just joined this forum, and the Fiero community, after purchasing my first Fiero. I remember this car from my childhood and always loved it. I thought I would share a quick story about how I came upon my car.

I lived next door to a guy for years never knowing that he had a car stored and covered in his one car garage. One day, he had taken it out to clean and wax it and it was like a flashback to the days when I saw these cars on the road! I didn't get to talk to him about the car that day, but later in the year it did come up over a neighborhood bonfire. As I shared stories about the cars that I had owned over the years, his wife half-jokingly asked if I wanted to buy a car. I had just sold a 1969 firebird and wasn't looking for a car at that time.

Recently, he had it out again for a drive and I was passing by him. I joked and asked him where he was taking MY car. He mentioned that he was thinking about selling it and if I was interested to let him know. So, some time later, I went over to actually get a close look at the car and find out more details.

It was a 1988 White Fiero Forumla. The original owner only had the car for a few years before selling it to my neighbors father. It was handed down and has been in their family since. My neighbor had the car for the past 17 years. The car has always been garaged for its entire life and was never driven in the rain or snow when it was in their family. The car has 57k original miles, never been in an accident and is completely original from the motor to the stock cassette tape player. All of the body panels have the VIN number stamped on them. It is very clean and in great shape! The only real issue is that the headliner is starting to sag in a few spots and one tail light has a small crack in it.

Here are some pictures of the car:
Fiero Photos

I love the community around these cars and appreciate having this forum to be able to share and ask questions. I'm sure I'll be posting more.

Jonathan
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2017 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations and welcome! You acquired one of the best (88 Formula) Fieros out there too!

PFF is a haven of knowledge and a great community - it has help me keep my 87 GT on the road for years, and for years to come.

Welcome to the madness!

Tim
87_FieroGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2017 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87_FieroGTSend a Private Message to 87_FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to PFF Jonathan! Your first Fiero is arguably the best Fiero year and a nice example too. Congratulations.

The Fiero Store, a PFF sponsor, sells the materials and even an entire headliner replacement to fix that headliner.

------------------

1988 Pontiac Fiero GT, Black w/Beechwood interior
2015 Dodge Charger R/T Road & Track

06GTO

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2017 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 06GTOSend a Private Message to 06GTOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome and Congrats, very nice Fiero you have there!
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2017 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice fiero and welcome to the club
fierofrenzy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2017 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi IronGeek....interesting name..... Welcome to PFF and the Fiero craze ! Wow, did you start out on the right track. 88 is the year they ( Pontiac ) got the car right. Unfortunately, the same year they stopped making them. go figure. I have had quite a few Fiero's, and now my 88 Formula is here to stay. Has been for 18 years . This site is excellent for anything you'll want to know and any question you may have. Great informative helpful people on here. They've helped me out pleanty of times. I feel were part of a big Fiero family. Welcome aboard.....
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2017 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome aboard Jonathan, This is the place to be. We are here anytime you have any questions. The headliner is a fairly easy fix. Many have documented it here over the years. Just post a question or use the search for headliner, you will find many posts.

Before long you'll be adding mrmike's leather seats, swapping out the stereo for a Monsoon unit. Your Formula looks great, nice story, thanks for sharing.
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2017 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome. That's probably one of the cleanest best in shape stock Fiero I have seen.
IronGeek

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2017 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IronGeekSend a Private Message to IronGeekEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks everyone for the comments and welcoming attitude! I was able to take the car our for a nice long ride and I am amazed at how well it drives. When I first bought it, I had started thinking of all the different things I could do to the car... 3800sc motor, upgraded brakes, suspension, etc. Now, having been around that car for a bit, I may just leave it completely stock. There are fewer and fewer of these that haven't been modified and it is still a fun car to drive around. Time will tell for sure, but either way, I appreciate having this forum of knowledge and support - I am sure I will need it!
fierojp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2017 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierojpClick Here to visit fierojp's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierojpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is one nice Fiero. Formula, 5 speed is the best! Congrats and enjoy!
Oregon88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2017 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Oregon88Send a Private Message to Oregon88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And the original tires!!!!

That always make me smile, its just cool.

------------------
Any Oregonians out there?

PFF
System Bot
seq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2017 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seqSend a Private Message to seqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nice car

My vote is to leave it stock.
Erwin03

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2017 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Erwin03Click Here to visit Erwin03's HomePageSend a Private Message to Erwin03Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice car! But I am a sucker for white notchbacks..

Keep it stock! maybe some other wheels ( Soon I will be running 17"Lenso Eagle2's ) but it is a stunning car and this one will only increase in value if you have it modded in a way you can return it to stock without to much fuss.

Give it a good polish and keep it looking pretty!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock