Mera rims by Kent Dellenbusch
Started on: 10-16-2017 12:39 PM
Replies: 31 (1216 views)
Last post by: Kent Dellenbusch on 10-26-2017 12:03 AM
Kent Dellenbusch

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2017 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kent DellenbuschSend a Private Message to Kent DellenbuschEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello All.
I have posted my Mera rims for sale on eBay. A few other things as well.
I have debated long and hard on the price. If someone really wants the correct look I feel the Cromadoras are the way to go. I have my Mera posted as well for an example.
I hope they go to a good home.
Kent
https://www.ebay.com/itm/18...id=p3984.m1558.l2649

[This message has been edited by Kent Dellenbusch (edited 10-17-2017).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
alcazar88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2017 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for alcazar88Send a Private Message to alcazar88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone put these on an 88 formula or GT, and do they fit or offset is off?

I agree that if you have a mera, these complete it.
Kent Dellenbusch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2017 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kent DellenbuschSend a Private Message to Kent DellenbuschEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For more info check out this site. http://pontiacmera.com
Basically....
For 1987 about 88 Fiero GTs were converted into 1987 Meras. With the introduction of the 1988 Fiero, the MERA utilized the 1988 Formula because it was a better value.
These rims fit the factory GM bolt pattern. I have wide tires on mine but with 15 inch rims you can choose a smaller tire.
Hope this helps.
Kent
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2017 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kent Dellenbusch:

For more info check out this site. http://pontiacmera.com
Basically....
For 1987 about 88 Fiero GTs were converted into 1987 Meras. With the introduction of the 1988 Fiero, the MERA utilized the 1988 Formula because it was a better value.
These rims fit the factory GM bolt pattern. I have wide tires on mine but with 15 inch rims you can choose a smaller tire.
Hope this helps.
Kent

Not all 1988 Meras were built on a Formula platform. There at least six known (IIRC) GT platforms that were used for 1988 Meras.

Nelson
Kent Dellenbusch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2017 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kent DellenbuschSend a Private Message to Kent DellenbuschEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good to know, Thanks.
The primary point is that these rims will fit the the GM 5 bolt pattern of GT's, Formulas.
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2017 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Good to know, Thanks.
The primary point is that these rims will fit the the GM 5 bolt pattern of GT's, Formulas.

That is correct. I have the Chromadoras on both a GT and Formula platform Mera.

Nelson
alcazar88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2017 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for alcazar88Send a Private Message to alcazar88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, I knew they would fit all Meras, I was wondering if they look good on a stock 88 GT or Formula, or if the offsets were wrong and they stick out or stay tucked in. I'm not sure how the wheel well of the mera compares to stock.

Thanks.
Kent Dellenbusch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2017 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kent DellenbuschSend a Private Message to Kent DellenbuschEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Perhaps Nelson can help with your question. I have only seen the Cromadora rims on the Meras. Team 3 wheels (pentastar) I have seen on the GT platform, I think they look pretty good but I have not seen the "Ferr---" looking wheels in quite some time.
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2017 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Perhaps Nelson can help with your question. I have only seen the Cromadora rims on the Meras. Team 3 wheels (pentastar) I have seen on the GT platform, I think they look pretty good but I have not seen the "Ferr---" looking wheels in quite some time.

Not much help from me on this subject since the only Fieros that I own are Meras.

Nelson
Kent Dellenbusch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2017 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kent DellenbuschSend a Private Message to Kent DellenbuschEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Alcazar88

This guy has a 308R for sale with Compmotive rims. I like these as a second alternative.
With this price I might sell my Mera.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/19...AOSwq9NZzxMw&vxp=mtr
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2017 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hi Alcazar88

This guy has a 308R for sale with Compmotive rims. I like these as a second alternative.
With this price I might sell my Mera.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/19...AOSwq9NZzxMw&vxp=mtr

If he/she gets anywhere near that price I will be shocked. I can purchase a real F308/328 for less than his stated asking price and have money left over for maintenance. Most nice replicas go anywhere from $10K (or even less) to $15 k for this specific vehicle model. This vehicle still has the original engine (2.8 L V6) and an auto transmission. IMO this replica more resembles a F328 than a F308.

If someone wants to pay that price, I have an award winning Mera show car with a 3.4 engine and turbo that I will sell for the same price and throw in delivery in CONUS. I will be sitting by my computer for the next few hours waiting for the full price purchase requests to flow in. I will even deliver the vehicle within a week.

Nelson
PFF
System Bot
Kent Dellenbusch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2017 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kent DellenbuschSend a Private Message to Kent DellenbuschEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm with you on that one Nelson,
I'll buy you a beer while the buyer picks it up.
Kent
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2017 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As an update, the nonstock Mera currently on eBay is now up to $21,100 which is quite a bit more than the prototype sold for. Bob Bracy's personal Mera with a N* engine swap was also sold for less as was his Wife's white auto Mera. The person doing the bidding has more than 100 positive ratings so maybe this is not a shill, just someone who has lots of spare cash and is a bit foolish (IMO).

It will be interesting to see how this turns out in a few days.

Nelson
Larryinkc

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2017 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LarryinkcSend a Private Message to LarryinkcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe Meras are starting to get some attention from collectors. Mine gets a lot of interest at car shows and occasionally someone is seriously interested. They are quite surprised when I tell them the Mera story, that nobody seems to care about them and that I see them sell for less than $20,000 if and when one comes up for sale. The really like the idea that such a rare car is affordable.
Kent Dellenbusch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2017 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kent DellenbuschSend a Private Message to Kent DellenbuschEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Nelson,

I could not find the car you are referring to, $21,100.00 when you have a moment to forward the link that would be great.

Thank you.
kent
Kent Dellenbusch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2017 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kent DellenbuschSend a Private Message to Kent DellenbuschEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kent Dellenbusch

40 posts
Member since Sep 2013
HI Larry,

I do agree. I like to use the reference from Wikipedia. It holds more merit than my opinion or someone else's ideas.
I have had many cars over the years from a 29 Oakland sedan to the Mera. All fun and unusual cars. I do appreciate everyone's car when I go to a car show. Fancy or not someone has taken time, pride to bring it back and every car has had some point of reference in automotive history.

I appreciate your input. Thank you.
I would post a few pictures on my Mera but I find it rather cumbersome to do so on this site. I would be happy to forward photos of my Mera if someone could post them.

Kent
Larryinkc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2017 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LarryinkcSend a Private Message to LarryinkcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kent's Mera, nice car, the bumpers look great.

Larryinkc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2017 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LarryinkcSend a Private Message to LarryinkcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Larryinkc

639 posts
Member since Nov 2012

Hi Nelson,

I could not find the car you are referring to, $21,100.00 when you have a moment to forward the link that would be great.

Thank you.
kent

Here's the Ebay Mera

https://www.ebay.com/itm/19...hash=item2a91f57bf2:
Kent Dellenbusch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2017 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kent DellenbuschSend a Private Message to Kent DellenbuschEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks a bunch Larry!

Where are additional threads to your car? I love the idea of a Series III 3800.
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2017 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a 3800 SC Series III engine installed in a 1988 Mera. This particular engine was converted from drive by wire because I do not like that system for this car. It also has large intake and exhaust tubing, a VS cam, intercooler, Northstar TV, TOG headers, etc. With a very conservative tune it dynoed around 300 ft lbs of torque and 295 HP at the wheels IIRC.

Nelson
Larryinkc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2017 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LarryinkcSend a Private Message to LarryinkcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I never made a thread on it just a few posts here and there in the Mera thread.

I've had it for about 5 years and made a few improvements. It is a solid car but the interior was not so nice, suspension was worn out, 120,000 miles on it and it had a tired Series I 3800 when I got it so I could make changes without feeling guilty that it was an original car. I really like the way it has turned out and it's a blast to drive. It really goes good with the Series III 3800 that's in it now.

I have added Rodney's Euro front bumper and shortened the rear bumper since these Pics . Paint job and new carpet are next in line, should have them by spring.

PFF
System Bot
Kent Dellenbusch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2017 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kent DellenbuschSend a Private Message to Kent DellenbuschEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice, Nice, Nice.

Rodneys front bumper does make a big difference. I have kept all my Mera badges and spare parts over the years. Perhaps the next owner might want to take it back.

Thanks for sharing your car. Everybody on this forum is so nice and willing to share knowledge and experience.

kent
VanGTP5000

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2017 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nice, Nice, Nice.

Rodneys front bumper does make a big difference. I have kept all my Mera badges and spare parts over the years. Perhaps the next owner might want to take it back.

Thanks for sharing your car. Everybody on this forum is so nice and willing to share knowledge and experience.

kent

Does that mean the Mera is for sale in addition to the Chromadoras Kent?
Kent Dellenbusch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2017 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kent DellenbuschSend a Private Message to Kent DellenbuschEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If someone made an offer I can't refuse one never knows.

I still really enjoy it a lot.
VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2017 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had a feeling you where going to say that!
Kent Dellenbusch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2017 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kent DellenbuschSend a Private Message to Kent DellenbuschEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see your from Florida. This is where I purchased the car from 16 yrs ago. A dentist was selling it. I still have his FL plates. What should I do with them?
VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2017 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am relatively new to Fla. In NJ we used to just turn them in to the DMV. Here in Florida the tax collector handles motor vehicle admin. If the original seller didn't ask for them back (which is very odd because they are expensive to purchase and are transferable)...I wouldn't worry about it.

[This message has been edited by VanGTP5000 (edited 10-25-2017).]

hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2017 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$27,200 was the final price for the recent eBay Mera sale.

Nelson
VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2017 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

$27,200 was the final price for the recent eBay Mera sale.

Nelson

I hope there is confirmation on an actual purchase with payment made.
Kent Dellenbusch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2017 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kent DellenbuschSend a Private Message to Kent DellenbuschEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Confirmation, you bet.

Was it a real Mera? I was not sure. At that price I might consider putting mine up for sale.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2017 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So who got scammed on that deal? No activity from the seller for over a year. Someone hacked their account...happens all the time. The last 4 transactions that I made were refunded due to hacked accounts. Hopefully the winner isn't sending cash or they are screwed.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 10-25-2017).]

PFF
System Bot
Kent Dellenbusch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2017 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kent DellenbuschSend a Private Message to Kent DellenbuschEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IMSA, you are so correct.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock