Started on: 10-07-2017 06:06 PM
Replies: 6 (410 views)
Last post by: johnt671 on 10-09-2017 04:36 PM
Threedog

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2017 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Two weekends ago I went for a stroll in the mountains in Northern Colorado, took this along HW 14 East of Walden. The roads were empty and it was a GREAT time. Also, its my new favorite picture!

Drove so long with the T-tops off I ended up with a sunburn..

Full Size Image

I'll leave this with a question. What is the best road you have driven in your Fiero? Got pictures?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2017 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For everybody in the south-east US, it's the "Tail of the Dragon", US-129 at Deal's Gap (NC/TN).

RayOtton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2017 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lots of good roads in the mountains of Virginia, from about Charlottesville on out, especially in the Warm Springs area by the Homestead resort.

But don't go south to Covington. Big paper mill there, lots of stink.

Speaking of Charlottesville, stopped at this little winery run by a kindly old gent -

Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2017 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My favorite....also

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 10-08-2017).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2017 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One of my favorite roads was 89A between Prescott and Flagstaff AZ. Unfortunately, I was driving a Buick rent-a-sled when I was there.

This was my video from the Dragon
cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2017 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Best road I ever drove was 299 from Redding to Weaverville, over the Buckhorn summit; 40x >25 mph (Posted)< turns, BANKED, smooth asphalt, climbing from approx' 1000' to 3200'.......Dive into a turn, pour on the power, then up and over twisting into the next turn.....one after another....Exhilarating!

Sadly, CalTrans heard that I was retiring and planning to move to Weaverville....So they straightened the whole thing out....There are other windy roads that are fun, but I ummmm....I HATE 'em! Yeah, that's it......You listening CalTrans? I hate windy, well-paved roads! Especially with banked turns!
johnt671

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2017 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Storm King Mountain Road between West Point NY to Cornwall on Hudson. This road became famous when BMW filmed a commercial on it. I drove it once going north and south, and after going north on it swore I'd never driver it again. The road is carved on a mountainside and closes most of the winter and often during the summer because of rock slides. Going north there is a stone wall about four feet high between you and the Hudson River, about ten thousand feet below.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock