Stainless steel braided brake lines by Wriggley
Started on: 10-06-2017 01:36 PM
Replies: 9 (881 views)
Last post by: css9450 on 10-12-2017 11:36 AM
Wriggley

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2017 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WriggleySend a Private Message to WriggleyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is the consencis (?) on aftermarket stainless steel braided brake lines
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2017 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Better than old rubber ones! (Dunno if they're any better than new rubber ones.)

Most notice that it stiffens up the brake pedal/better pedal response. I have nothing to complain about with mine. Just make sure you put the right one on the right side.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2017 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/129208.html

//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...060811-2-066568.html

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 10-06-2017).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2017 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gall757:

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/129208.html

//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...060811-2-066568.html

What I got from reading these threads is that there is no consensus on Stainless Steel braided brake lines.

For what it's worth I've had them on my GT for about 15 years with no issues.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2017 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The only way to go.

They are a little more expensive but better than anything else you can install. The Pedal on a 4 wheel disc system will be firmer and they are stronger.

It is a no brainer bolt on.

Just make sure to get a quality part like Russell or similar.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2017 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My Fiero has had stainless braided brake lines since 2004. No complaints here.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2017 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have also been running the braided SS brake lines for about 10 years with no issues at all.

Nelson
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2017 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been running the original rubber brake lines ever since I have owned the car with no problems.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 567
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2017 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wriggley:
What is the consencis (?) on aftermarket stainless steel braided brake lines
Sold by TFS and other vendors just to make money. TFS BTR and others often sell many parts that are crap or illegal to use on the street.

SS Compared to New OE type hoses you can't tell from foot effort and newer SAE J1401 hose (like use in Raybestos PG Plus and other Pro Grade lines) have even more strength and cancel most claims of SS makers and vendors. SAE standards are used worldwide and many are in FMVSS CMVSS(Canada) rules.

If SCHAUMBURG is in a EU or whatever county then may not be legal to run on the street and can fail inspections etc for non OE type brake lines because DOT testing for SS hoses and other aftermarket parts often does not apply in other countries.

I install Raybestos PG Plus and others on many cars and Never have problems. I was a mechanic years ago and never install SS lines on customers cars because of legal problem if they have a crash. X brand claiming DOT106 is BS. SS suppliers said they pass DOT106 testing but means nothing when you add brackets etc to control where hoses can rub. Most buyers do not understand how tests are done and by who. (Clue: Not US Gov except maybe to recall parts.) Many SS makers Void their Warranty when buyer use whatever to control rubbing etc.
------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

[This message has been edited by theogre (edited 10-12-2017).]

css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2017 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theogre:

If SCHAUMBURG is in a EU or whatever county then may not be legal to run on the street and can fail inspections etc for non OE type brake lines because DOT testing for SS hoses and other aftermarket parts often does not apply in other countries.

If its the Illinois SCHAUMBURG then there are no inspections.

For the record, I used Raybestos hoses on my car; bought them at Advance and they fit right. Made in USA too.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock