89 Dodge Daytona T-Top in a fiero by Rick Morehouse
Started on: 09-17-2017 09:52 PM
Replies: 7 (552 views)
Last post by: Rick Morehouse on 09-29-2017 09:21 PM
Rick Morehouse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2017 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick MorehouseSend a Private Message to Rick MorehouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saved a complete t-top as stated. From first looks, I think it'll fit in my fiero. Only I.D. is the Chrysler penta-star & a few letters. I shaved off almost 60 steel rivets to get it out. The top glass fits the fiero side glass real well & the length(front to back) fit also. the frame contours lay on the fiero top as if it would fit. Just a shot in the dark. Any ideas? thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2017 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wonder if it's more or less rare than the actual Fiero pieces.
Good luck. I hope it fits. Always good to have more options.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 09-17-2017).]

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2017 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rick Morehouse:

Saved a complete t-top as stated. From first looks, I think it'll fit in my fiero. Only I.D. is the Chrysler penta-star & a few letters. I shaved off almost 60 steel rivets to get it out. The top glass fits the fiero side glass real well & the length(front to back) fit also. the frame contours lay on the fiero top as if it would fit. Just a shot in the dark. Any ideas? thanks

If you are ever in the Columbia area, bring one of your tops and we can see how it fits on a Fiero stock or CJB t-top setup.

Nelson
Rick Morehouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2017 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick MorehouseSend a Private Message to Rick MorehouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nelson; Yes Sir, I can do that. It'd be interesting to see what really does fit & did the same company make many of the t-tops for many other companies? I'm pretty much free most days & could make run over. Ain't but an hour & a half away. I know this is o/t, but do you have any 2nd gen Firebirds(wonder if those t-tops would fit in a fiero)?
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post09-19-2017 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rick Morehouse:

Nelson; Yes Sir, I can do that. It'd be interesting to see what really does fit & did the same company make many of the t-tops for many other companies? I'm pretty much free most days & could make run over. Ain't but an hour & a half away. I know this is o/t, but do you have any 2nd gen Firebirds(wonder if those t-tops would fit in a fiero)?

2nd gen roof line is got much more of a curve to it, from edge of side to highest point , now a c4 targa top would be cool
FIERO JOHN-WI

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2017 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a FYI the dodge daytona (glass with lock down bars) will not fit, maybe the glass itself not sure on that, the trim end caps will NOT work either, and the weatherstripping will NOT work from the B-pillar down towards the striker (it's molded on a angle, not straight down like fiero)
Rick Morehouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2017 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick MorehouseSend a Private Message to Rick MorehouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info. I've not actually chopped up a fiero to really see how far off the fit may be, so I should do a real test fit, then post the results. NOT being pissy here, just that I could may be of MORE help with real results for others to see. Again, thanks.

I fully agree w/firebird t-top non-fit. I posted over in the "other car" section about same. Just recently got back on this forum & I don't need a scolding so soon. Again, thanks.
Rick Morehouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2017 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick MorehouseSend a Private Message to Rick MorehouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIERO JOHN-WI:

Just a FYI the dodge daytona (glass with lock down bars) will not fit, maybe the glass itself not sure on that, the trim end caps will NOT work either, and the weatherstripping will NOT work from the B-pillar down towards the striker (it's molded on a angle, not straight down like fiero)

Well Sir; after some thought, I've decided to MAKE the Dodge t-top fit my fiero. It's just that close & seals can be made to fit, no matter the angle of the dangle, curves, lengths, widths, etc. It WILL fit. Peace.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock