GT qtr glass by bonaduce
Started on: 09-16-2017 08:46 AM
Replies: 8 (359 views)
Last post by: bonaduce on 09-19-2017 07:52 AM
bonaduce

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2017 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had my passenger glass fly off last night on the way home, looks like previous owner used urethane to hold it on, well I found it this morning figured it we be smashed but it seems to be made out of acrylic and not glass. Ebay has them, (seller gtfiero) listed as glass. So is the window supposed to be glass, and mine were already replaced with acrylic knock offs, or are they originally acrylic and just termed as glass. confusing I know. edit to add this is on an '86 gt.

thanks

dan

[This message has been edited by bonaduce (edited 09-16-2017).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2017 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe the '84 sail panels were the only ones that were glass. Gtfiero's panels are NOT glass, nor were any other fastback quarter windows.

I'm glad your window is OK.

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-16-2017).]

cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2017 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The quarter windows are either Acrylic or Lexan....I am not sure which.....Originally, they were attached with foam tape.

On my modification- installed a GT clip on my 85 SE V6- The GT windows had broken at the front edge, so I made "B" pillars out of aluminum, painted them Graphite gray like the center of my wheels, and attached them with tabs and one screw, then covered the screw with a G6 Trunk Arrowhead emblem..... At the leading edge of the windows (Under those "B" pillars) I have a screw that Holds the glass from EVER flying off.....I glued the windows in place with black RTV.

I wish I knew how to post pics here..... Most people who see it think it is factory......

Oh and sometimes it's just amazing- That window flies off and doesn't get destroyed.....Of course, if it was ME picking it up off the road, shaking my head in disbelief......A semi would then hit me!

[This message has been edited by cvxjet (edited 09-16-2017).]

bonaduce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2017 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks for the info gents. I did find the panel, but the front edge is missing and I couldn't find all the pieces, looks like maybe the front inch or so is gone.

dan
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2017 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cvxjet:

I wish I knew how to post pics here..... Most people who see it think it is factory......

Sent you a PM.
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2017 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rsvl-Rider

1219 posts
Member since Feb 2014

Originally posted by cvxjet:
On my modification- installed a GT clip on my 85 SE V6- The GT windows had broken at the front edge, so I made "B" pillars out of aluminum, painted them Graphite gray like the center of my wheels, and attached them with tabs and one screw, then covered the screw with a G6 Trunk Arrowhead emblem..... At the leading edge of the windows (Under those "B" pillars) I have a screw that Holds the glass from EVER flying off.....I glued the windows in place with black RTV.

Here is a pic of the custom job CVXJET was describing. I've seen it in person and it's a real professional job. Looks great!

bonaduce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2017 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Above picture gets "2 snaps and a twist"

dan
cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2017 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not sure....what that means.....Dan.....

And Rsvl-Rider, thank you for both posting here and in General Chat the pics of my mod.....and your opinion of it....
bonaduce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2017 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
it's a line from In Living Colors Men on Film skits, if they liked it it got 2 snaps and something

dan

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock