Over the last two days I finally got around to swapping my manual cradle in and taking the old automatic cradle out, I had done a manual swap but I didn't realize that the cradles were different. I'm glad I finally got that done.
In swapping the cradles, I installed the Held Arraut Motorsports Bumpsteer kit. What a PITA that was! Holy crap! But I'm glad it's on there. Now I just need to install a rear swayer that I'm waiting on and get an alignment on it, although I did get the alignment good enough to where it can be driven to an alignment shop.
Ok, PSA time:
As I was assembling parts over the last few months in preparation for the cradle swap, I bought all three new parking brake cables from the FieroStore. I was finally able to install them and get them adjusted (using the method of adjustment on Pennock's home page) today. What a difference that made with how much grip the parking brake has! it took it from about 25%~ to about 75% of how well I want it to work. It holds it much better and I was able to tighten up the adjuster, without having the levers move off of their stops, much more than I was able to with the old cables.
So if you've got everything working with the calipers as best as you can, and it still isn't enough; just spend the 80 bucks it takes to get new cables. Most of them are over 30 years old at this point. They'll have road grime, dirt, corrosion, and other stuff that will prevent them from working the way they should. It's asking more of the cables than they can deliver; especially if they haven't been used regularly
Anyway, I hope this adds to the helpful knowledge of the forum