Started on: 08-29-2017 09:20 PM
Replies: 14 (510 views)
Last post by: jscott1 on 09-03-2017 03:16 AM
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2017 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do we know the well being of any of our Fiero brothers and PFF members in the Houston area ? Is everyone safe and accounted for ? Did we lose any cars ? Praying for everyone there.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2017 03:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Checking in here...high and dry. No Fieros lost.

I hear that over 300,000 vehicles were lost in the floods though. Don't buy any cars in the Houston area for a while.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2017 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MJ may not currently own a Fiero I cant rememeber, but he and wife had to evacuate.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/121084.html
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2017 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

MJ may not currently own a Fiero I cant rememeber, but he and wife had to evacuate.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/121084.html

Nope, I have one of his Indys in my driveway high and dry and the other went to Dallas/Fort Worth I believe.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2017 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Don't buy any cars in the Houston area for a while.

Just to add...

Don't buy cars FROM the Houston area for a while. Many of those flood cars will get transported all over the U.S. by some very unscrupulous people.

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2017 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Just to add...

Don't buy cars FROM the Houston area for a while. Many of those flood cars will get transported all over the U.S. by some very unscrupulous people.

Unless of course flooding is disclosed and you're looking for a deal.
kendell

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2017 03:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kendellSend a Private Message to kendellEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hope everybody is ok back there! 300K is a huge number of affected vehicles.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2017 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some people may not even know their car was flooded. I saw a lot of parked cars and the people left. I suppose flood waters leave some sort of signature, but where I was the water was very clean. You get back you have no idea if your car was flooded or not.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2017 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm hearing reports of gas at $9/gal. Online, I don't see prices that high. How are prices?
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2017 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

I'm hearing reports of gas at $9/gal. Online, I don't see prices that high. How are prices?

I haven't seen that. As of yesterday prices were at normal pre-storm prices ~$1.95 to $2.05

I did hear of some shortages due to panic buying in other parts of Texas.

Price gouging in storm areas is illegal. I would be surprised if that was happening.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2017 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

As of yesterday prices were at normal pre-storm prices ~$1.95 to $2.05

Price gouging in storm areas is illegal.

Price gouging here is a daily occurrence, even without a natural disaster. Currently (with conversions done)... regular gas is $4.24(US) a gallon and premium is $4.72(US). I can't imagine what these prices would go up to if/when the anticipated big earthquake ever hits.
PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2017 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Price gouging here is a daily occurrence, even without a natural disaster. Currently (with conversions done)... regular gas is $4.24(US) a gallon and premium is $4.72(US). I can't imagine what these prices would go up to if/when the anticipated big earthquake ever hits.

I know. I drove through your area in my RV on my trip to Alaska. At less than 10 mpg I was afraid to do the conversion and just paid whatever the price was. If you think Vancouver is high, the Alaska highway stations are worse.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2017 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you think Vancouver is high, the Alaska highway stations are worse.

I'm not surprised to hear that gas is ultra-expensive up there in the middle of nowhere... but damn, this is a huge metropolitan area here.

Anyway, I'm hoping all PFF members in the Houston area made it through the storm as well as can be expected.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2017 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm glad to hear that Houston gas prices are normal. Heck, it's $2.50/gal, here.

There is some gouging, though. The AG said to take pics of any gas station whose prices increased by more than $.30/gal. Supposedly, gas prices are high to keep gas for emergency workers.

On 9/11/01, gas prices skyrocketed here. Lots of people went and waited in line to fill up on gas. Some stations ran out. Lots of stations got into trouble for gouging.

The reality is that the fuel supply doesn't allow for everyone to always have a full tank of gas.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2017 03:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

I'm glad to hear that Houston gas prices are normal. Heck, it's $2.50/gal, here.

Houston probably had it better than most of the country because 50% of the refineries in the US are right here, and most didn't shut down for very long. And not very many people were driving for 5 days because most business were closed. Houston schools will not reopen until September 11th. I filled up my tank before the storm and it's still on "F"

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock