Fierorama 2017 by ltlgt88
Started on: 08-16-2017 02:55 AM
Replies: 43 (1474 views)
Last post by: kendallville on 09-17-2017 10:16 PM
ltlgt88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2017 02:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fierorama 2017 is coming up quick.

Only 3 weeks away.

September 8th 9th 10th. St Charles Illinois

Last year we were just shy of 100 cars..hope to be well over 100 this year.

Many things plannes Friday Saturday with the show on Sunday

The 2+2 prototype will be there.

You can get all details over www.fierofocus.com

Here is all the details from the Facebook event page

22nd Annual Fierorama
Friday, September 8, 2017
5:25pm - we will meet at the Quality Inn in St. Charles (our host hotel) and depart at 5:30pm as a group to caravan to a cruise night taking place at The Lodge on 64 located at 41W379 Route 64 Wasco, IL 60175. This BGV Motorsports sponsored cruise night attracts a wide variety of vehicles and many spectators. If you cannot meet us at the host hotel, please feel free to join us directly at the cruise night. We will have dinner here as well.

Saturday, September 9, 2017
8:00am – begin meeting at the Quality Inn in St. Charles for our morning Fierorama excursion.

8:15am – depart Quality Inn in St. Charles for Chrome and Coffee at the Iron Gate Motor Condos in Naperville, IL located at 2228 W Ferry Rd #101 Naperville, IL 60563. Join us as we caravan together to this open house style event where you will have the opportunity to not only see some very exotic cars including Lamborghini’s, Ferrari’s, and Porsche’s, but American classics such as Corvette’s, Camaro’s, and Mustang’s. Many of the “garage condos” will be open for your viewing amazement!

11:00am – depart Chrome and Coffee and head for lunch at Augustino’s located at 300 W North Ave, West Chicago, IL 60185. This Chicago suburban favorite “Rock and Roll” style deli is known for their signature sub sandwiches, Italian style beef, as well as salads and wraps. After lunch, head back to the Quality Inn in St. Charles located at 1600 E Main St, St Charles, IL 60174; head West on North Avenue.

2:15pm – begin meeting at the Quality Inn in St. Charles for our afternoon Fierorama excursion.

2:30pm – depart from the Quality Inn in St. Charles for a scenic road trip in your Fiero to Frank Lloyd Wright’s Muirhead Farmhouse located at 42W814 Rohrsen Rd, Hampshire, IL 60140. The Frank Lloyd Wright-designed Muirhead Farmhouse is the only known farmhouse designed by Wright. It was designed in 1950 and constructed between 1951 and 1953. The house is 3,200 sq. ft. and an example of Wright's Usonian architecture. It is maintained under the care of the Muirhead family and has been recognized by Kane County, the State of Illinois and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

3:00pm – arrive at Muirhead Farmhouse. You have the opportunity to take some photos before our private, one hour guided tour begins at 3:30pm. The cost for this private tour is $8.00 per person.

4:30pm – our tour ends. We will depart the Muirhead Farmhouse and head back to the Quality Inn in St. Charles.

6:00pm – our traditional Fierorama pizza party dinner begins at Quality Inn. This year we will have our pizza party on site at our host hotel in the St. Charles Room on the second floor above the reservation desk/main lobby. Our poker cruise concludes and prizes will be awarded during dinner.

Sunday - The Big Show - Fierorama 22 at Pottawatamie Park in St Charles IL

Sunday Evening - Finish the weekend at Portillos

------------------
LETS GO DRIVING!!!
[

Power Tour Long Haul 2009, 10 (muscle car)
Power Tour Long Haul 2011, 12, 15(Fiero)
Power Tour 3 stops 2013(Fiero)
Power Tour 2 stops 2016

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2017 05:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My favorite event of the year. Sadly, neither my Fiero or myself will be there. Take lots of pictures for me!
Cajun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2017 07:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have intentions of attending this year. In fact currently have reservations at the host hotel.

Only two questions that may prevent me from attending; will my GT make the trip and will the Louisiana weather (hurricane season) cooperate?

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2017 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cajun:

I have intentions of attending this year. In fact currently have reservations at the host hotel.

Only two questions that may prevent me from attending; will my GT make the trip and will the Louisiana weather (hurricane season) cooperate?

Scrounge up another Fiero owner to make the trip with you in their Fiero. Its more fun and there is a back up car then
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2017 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cajun:

Cajun

If you can afford the money and time it is worth coming to Heartland Fiero clubs show (Freds Show) the weekend before in Davenport Iowa and then sight see the Midwest for a couple of days. Then go to Fierorama the next weekend.

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2017 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mmmmmm, Portillos! I'm going to try and make it this year. Haven't been since fierorama 10.

------------------
88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo, water/meth injection
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project
01 BMW 525i: The other summer car
13 BMW X3: Daily Driver

[This message has been edited by FieroMaster88 (edited 08-16-2017).]

x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2017 04:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
plan on returning again this year. A lot of work on the car over the winter.
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2017 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To celebrate Fierorama 22, where deuces are wild, the 2+2 prototype is scheduled to appear. Midwest Fiero Clubs Region of the AACA President and 2+2 co-owner Fred Bartemeyer Jr. will give a presentation about this concept car during the Tech Talk.

If you want to know how we came to own this car, or whether the radio in the backseat works, you can ask me , otherwise Fred will answer any questions.

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2017 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will want an answer to both of those questions.
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2017 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Scott,

I have other commitments the preceding weekend. Besides, living on a fixed income I have to choose my poison wisely.

ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2017 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Who is all staying at the house hotel?
PFF
System Bot
notwohorns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2017 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be staying there. Looking forward to seeing you again
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2017 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by notwohorns:

I'll be staying there. Looking forward to seeing you again

Great to see you coming up again...well see you Friday night for dinner and cruise
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2017 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, the plan is to be there. I have a room booked, but elsewhere.

My Fiero may not be ready in time, though, so we'll see what happens there.
Paulv

Feedback score:    (68)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2017 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulvSend a Private Message to PaulvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just want to add to all coming to Fierorama.....We now have over $700.00 in door prizes that will be given away at the show!
Pre-registers look good, this will be a great show with a lot of surprise awards and give-aways during the day. Try to make it for the Friday night and Saturday activities.
See you there!

------------------

My Web Site
www.paulvargyas.com
NIFE Web Site ]www.fierofocus.com]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2017 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Well, the plan is to be there. I have a room booked, but elsewhere.

My Fiero may not be ready in time, though, so we'll see what happens there.

What are ya working on on yours?

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2017 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43224 posts
Member since May 2007

Originally posted by Paulv:

Just want to add to all coming to Fierorama.....We now have over $700.00 in door prizes that will be given away at the show!
Pre-registers look good, this will be a great show with a lot of surprise awards and give-aways during the day. Try to make it for the Friday night and Saturday activities.
See you there!

I second this, the extra activities are a good time
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2017 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fierorama 22 , where deuces are wild, presents the return of the Fierorama Poker Run. But we are mixing it up. It will be two days of card collecting. Receive a card at each of the following events: Friday Evening, Lodge on 64 Cruise Night; Saturday Morning, Coffee and Chrome at Irongate Motor Condos,; Lunch Saturday at Augustinos; Saturday Afternoon, cruise out to Frank Lloyd Wright’s Muirhead Farmhouse and get your final card at our Pizza Party at the Quality Inn. The winner will be selected at the Pizza Party (must be present to win).

And speaking of the Pizza Party, feel free to BYOB (or wine, or whatever ) , NIFE will have pop and water for you if that is your preference (or you need a mixer).
Midwest Fiero Clubs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2017 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Midwest Fiero ClubsClick Here to visit Midwest Fiero Clubs's HomePageSend a Private Message to Midwest Fiero ClubsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Each year the Midwest Fiero Clubs traditionally chooses a Model Year and Trim level to honor.
For 2017 we are doing something a little different.

At each MWFC member show the Fiero with the "Best representing interpretation of a custom interior" will be chosen and given a special award.
Sponsored by http://www.mrmikes.com/
https://www.facebook.com/MrMikesAutoUpholstery/

All winners are invited to the Northern Illinois Fiero Enthusiasts' Fierorama Weekend where they will compete to be crowned the Best Custom Interior.

You can bring your Fiero with a custom interior to the Fierorama to compete!
Fierorama is the last show in the circuit in 2017.
During the awards at Fierorama we will award the Best in the Midwest award for Best representing interpretation of a custom interior!

See you there

https://www.facebook.com/ev...9729570703034/?ti=as

Fierorama
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2017 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since this is rapidly approaching, how are temps? Is it coat season?
MrMWS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2017 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MrMWSSend a Private Message to MrMWSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Since this is rapidly approaching, how are temps? Is it coat season?

70's daytime, mid 50's night. NIFE sweatshirts will be available to purchase all weekend at all the events.
PFF
System Bot
American Exotic

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2017 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for American ExoticSend a Private Message to American ExoticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
N.I.F.E. puts on a great Fierorama show year after year. Between music, food , and fellow Fiero enthusiasts, it's a wonderful weekend. Car show Friday night. Iron Gate condos, condos for your car, very cool to see Saturday morning. Last but definitely not least, Fierorama on Sunday. I will be attending Friday and Saturday activities but unfortunately have to work on Sunday. Hope to meet some of you there.
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2017 07:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like perfect sunny weather all weekend even if Saturday morning at iron gate will be a little chilly.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2017 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I plan to attend, but my Fiero will be a no-show.

Will this be the 22nd consecutive Fierorama, or were there any gaps?
css9450

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2017 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No gaps.

Note to myself: Wash car after work today!

Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2017 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm here, finally limped in around 3:30 PM. That little road trip took a toll on my GT. Lost 4th gear around Cairo.

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2017 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for your troubles. Not the most welcoming state. $16 in tolls, but terrible roads.
css9450

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2017 06:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, suddenly I am out. Big health scare with my mom. Not good. My apologies to Jim for missing the video duties this year.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2017 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope your mom is OK.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2017 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

tshark

4388 posts
Member since Feb 2014
On the way here yesterday, I passed a black notchie heading the other direction. It looked like a 4-cylinder with bumperpads.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2017 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good show. Thanks for putting this on. I hope other attendees post. I'm on my way home now, with another 2 hours to go.

Saturday's dinner was lots of fun, and we liked that the lighting was good.

The farmhouse tour was also fun. Jim made sure everyone arrived together.

There was an awesome display of cars at the Condos. Exotic, rare, historical cars, and of course some Fieros.

For the show itself, it was great seeing the turnout. I can't complain if attendance was down from 3 years ago, because I was without my Fiero. It was great to see familiar faces and meet more members of the Fiero community. Nick, it was good to meet you, and thanks for taking the time to show me your awesomely-restored Fiero.

Fred's presentation on the 2+2 was good, and I really enjoyed seeing the car. My only suggestion for improvement would have been the audio volume. I had difficulty hearing Fred.

At Fierorama, you can see it all: rebodies, various levels of restoration, daily drivers, original equipment, and everything in between.

Thanks, again, for the hospitality from the NIFE staff.
PFF
System Bot
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2017 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know we were about the same car count as last year. 82 cars, an maybe one or two more. 11 States and Canada were represented. I am fairly certain that is about 10 cars more then 3 years ago (Jim Hallman would know for sure).

Glad you had a good time, hope too see you with your Fiero next year.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2017 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ya, I hope to see my Fiero before next year. I plan to be at the 35th, next year, so no Fierorama.

My wife made 2 suggestions to help newer attendees, like us: first, ask everyone to wear name tags; second, have everyone introduce themself at the Saturday dinner. I know the board members were wearing name tags during the show. I'm terrible with remembering names, and hate to ask again, the same day.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2017 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lots of fun as usual, exceptional weather couldn't have been better.
Fun hanging out with everyone. Maybe if I get my act together there'll be some of my pics posted.
Anyone interested in pics being posted?
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2017 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pictures, pictures, PICTURES! I mean, yes.

Where is the ”Yoda” line? ”Without pictures, worthless this thread is.”

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-13-2017).]

notwohorns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2017 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes pictures please
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2017 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2017 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Midwest Fiero Clubs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2017 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Midwest Fiero ClubsClick Here to visit Midwest Fiero Clubs's HomePageSend a Private Message to Midwest Fiero ClubsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Midwest Fiero Clubs (edited 09-14-2017).]

css9450

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2017 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the pics! And congrats to Ken for the win. He doesn't post here but is a good guy and totally devoted to the Fiero.

It was really weird to not be there since the only one I missed previously was the year it rained all day.

BTW my mom finally got out of the ICU and can probably go to rehab sometime next week. So that is a big improvement!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock