Gear indicator for 3800 gtp swap by kgoodyear
Started on: 08-11-2017 08:27 PM
Replies: 2 (195 views)
Last post by: darbysan on 08-12-2017 10:35 AM
kgoodyear

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2017 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a 1999 Automatic transmission 3800 gtp swap for my 87 GT.

I would like to have a digital indicator either indicating the position of the shifter lever or the actual gear the drive train is in while driving. I can see the current gear in my HP VCM scanner coming from the ECM.

------------------
Goody

The beauty of a solution lies in its simplicity

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2017 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a 2011Cadillac CTS that has the digital display that shows what gear your in. Mine works like a bump shift. You bump the shifter and the next gear lights up. Might only be on the performance models but if you go to a Cadillac forum I'm sure those boys have dissected all the electronic stuff like that. These are no longer an old mans car.

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

darbysan

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2017 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darbysanSend a Private Message to darbysanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lokar makes indicators- several different models. Some are dash mounted displays, one I liked has the display at the shift boot.

This will get you started on your search
https://www.summitracing.co...2/media/instructions

------------------
SCREW PHOTOBUCKET. All my pictures are now available at https://www.flickr.com/photos/156871275@N07/albums
'87 GT , '00 3800 Series II SC, 4t65e, Vue Power Steering.

[This message has been edited by darbysan (edited 08-12-2017).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock