Talbot Yellow touch up paint by mr-riff
Started on: 08-10-2017 04:23 PM
Replies: 6 (330 views)
Last post by: mrfred8 on 08-13-2017 11:50 PM
mr-riff

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2017 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mr-riffSend a Private Message to mr-riffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Who has the best matching touch up paint for the Talbot yellow?

Thanks
Ron
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2017 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is a late 1970s Porsche color. Is that what you want?
mr-riff

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2017 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mr-riffSend a Private Message to mr-riffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought that was the name for the Fiero 88 yellow. Looking to touch up my original paint. Wasn't sure who had the best match.

[This message has been edited by mr-riff (edited 08-10-2017).]

Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2017 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's called 'bright yellow'. Paint code WA-8908. PPG code was 4089. Auto paint stores can mix it, but there would be a minimum quantity. I doubt if you will find it in the touch up pen rack.

Some people call it Talbot yellow, but I don't think GM ever listed it that way.

http://www.paintscratch.com...rcoat-53-WA8908.html

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 08-10-2017).]

David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2017 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A local Sherwin-Williams auto paint store provides little touch-up bottles or spray cans to match whatever sample part or vehicle I take there.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post08-11-2017 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nothing will match the yellow has faded, you need to have them take a paint camera photo'' and mix from that..
a pint shouldn't be that much..

I'd wonder if it is the same formula as the vette yellow.. if so, you might get lucky with a touch up bottle and test it..
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2017 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My paint guy took the fuel filler door and had some paint custom matched to that for a few touch up places. A headlight door may actually be better to get a match off of, since it sees more sun fade.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock