3800sc engine swap by timenewton
Started on: 07-08-2017 01:55 PM
Replies: 12 (556 views)
Last post by: timenewton on 07-20-2017 02:09 PM
timenewton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2017 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timenewtonSend a Private Message to timenewtonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok can someone give me the cost for a 3.8 sc with auto swap? Im being told it will be 7500. I didnt expect it to be that much.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2017 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Total budget or just labor?
timenewton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2017 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timenewtonSend a Private Message to timenewtonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Both, this would be everything to include labor.
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2017 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For that price you can buy one already done. I've seen SC swaps from $3K - $10K. Depends what you want done.
timenewton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2017 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timenewtonSend a Private Message to timenewtonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Exactly thats what I told the guy. There is a fiero in my location that cost 8900 with a supercharged swap already in it. I could prob get it for 7500. But then I have mine. It's a t-top 85gt.
timenewton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2017 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timenewtonSend a Private Message to timenewtonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

timenewton

75 posts
Member since May 2017
Well where did you see the 3k swap at lol. Like I said i've already done some customization and plan to do more so I really dont want to get rid of mine just to get the engine already in one.
PARAD0X

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2017 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PARAD0XSend a Private Message to PARAD0XEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just bought a swapped car for < $3k. You just have to be patient and be willing to look nationally. Hell, turbo 3800's have sold for the $7,500 range.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2017 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For a low mile drive train and a show-quality install that budgetary price is reasonable.

Remember that there are "discoveries" when the car is apart that could add to the budget.

(Rust, worn suspension parts, etc)
GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2017 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by timenewton:

Well where did you see the 3k swap at lol. Like I said i've already done some customization and plan to do more so I really dont want to get rid of mine just to get the engine already in one.

!!!!!CLICK HERE!!!!!
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2017 05:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by timenewton:

I could prob get it for 7500. But then I have mine. It's a t-top 85gt.

I'd sell you my 5.7 L V8 Archie done swap (Calif smog legal) with 5 speed for not too much more than that. Ferrari replica body and interior thrown in with the deal. If you don't like the car, swap the engine / cradle assembly into your car. PM me if intertested.

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 07-19-2017).]

78_elky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2017 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 78_elkySend a Private Message to 78_elkyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did that swap myself, wrapped the car in vinyl, rebuilt the stock brakes and upgraded the suspension.
I spent almost 5K total on everything, some stuff I could have spent less on, and others I got used for a great price.
From what I've read this isn't too far off other peoples' expenditures.
I got a donor car for $400, and had to buy a used transmission for $200 because the one int he donor was slipping.
Mounts are almost $500 if you buy them from a vendor.
Wiring I did myself, but it'd cost $400-$800 from a vendor.
Tuning the PCM can be pretty expensive, budget $250 if you send it off to Sinister.
It is a ton of work, if you replace, paint, repair, and generally upgrade or fix everything you touch it'll take you a while.
If you just slap the motor in there it'll be faster, but you'll never be able to clean or refresh the subframe and parts once the engine is in the car.
Jessica
PFF
System Bot
timenewton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2017 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timenewtonSend a Private Message to timenewtonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got me one. 3.8 SC $3900

1986 White Fastback / Grey interior
Fresh rebuild and bore on a 3800SC engine (just shy of 1200 miles on it)
ZZP VS Cam( I think or XP I'll have to double check)
60 Lb Deka Injectors
3.4 Modular Pulley
Ported and polished blower
4 Speed Muncie
Initial tune done by Ryan(he said to give it 3000 miles before trying to final tune it)
Spec 3 Clutch
ZZP Powerlog
Custom Flowmaster exhaust (cut trunk)
Grand AM brake upgrade
17" Wheels
Boost Gauge( will need some fiberglass work to install the pod)
Rebuilt headlights - Dickman kit and swapped motors.
AC and heat connected and work.

Now i've got to sell mine HA. 1985 98000 miles v6 auto with t-tops and lots of work done on it.
timenewton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2017 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timenewtonSend a Private Message to timenewtonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

timenewton

75 posts
Member since May 2017
Also I have some questions. The guy installed what he called a steal switch but it's a primer switch for the fuel pump. How can I get rid of that? By wiring it back the the switch in the key location? If the car has sat you have to prime it for a few seconds then she starts up no problem.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock