Crazy Sellers by busa_powered
Started on: 07-05-2017 07:52 PM
Replies: 16 (415 views)
Last post by: FTF Engineering on 07-06-2017 09:54 PM
busa_powered

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2017 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I Contacted this guy about his GT, inquiring why there was a non GT front end on it.

He stated it hasn't been replaced and its original LOL

[This message has been edited by busa_powered (edited 07-06-2017).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2017 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Eh, I wouldn't worry about it too much. He is probably unaware its not original.

I wonder if its was originally a notchback someone converted to a fastback?
Domtech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2017 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DomtechSend a Private Message to DomtechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think he is correct and the GT clip has been added. The ground effects and rear bumper are also non gt.
busa_powered

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2017 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Domtech:

I think he is correct and the GT clip has been added. The ground effects and rear bumper are also non gt.

Didn't catch the rear bumper, an interior pic would have shown its not a real GT
Domtech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2017 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DomtechSend a Private Message to DomtechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well it has the aux gauges and gt seats. At this point its 50/50 and you need the vin to know for sure.
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2017 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There were a select few of these cars that people ordered from dealers set up in this fashion...for years, they've been called "Formula Fastbacks"

Randy Agee of VA and Bruce Walters in PA each had one. I don't think this one is Bruce's but the color is the same so it's possible...I sent him the link.

~ Jen
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2017 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Something has been done to that car...

Clearly the front/rear bumpers and everything below the belt line didn't come with the fastback clip. What makes it more interesting is the 87 coupe with those bumpers was only offered with the 4 cyl (and only 1 exhaust cutout). This car has the V6 as well as 2 exhaust cutouts in the rear bumper.

If interested in this car, ask for pics of the vin stickers on the front fender and fastback clip as well as the vin tag for the car.
busa_powered

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2017 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierochic88:

There were a select few of these cars that people ordered from dealers set up in this fashion...for years, they've been called "Formula Fastbacks"

Randy Agee of VA and Bruce Walters in PA each had one. I don't think this one is Bruce's but the color is the same so it's possible...I sent him the link.

~ Jen

Wonder what they are titled as
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2017 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The ad has been deleted.

Originally posted by Fierochic88:

~ Jen

I read an article that Randy Agee (I believe) wrote, concerning a few "Formula Fastbacks" that escaped the factory, apparently at the hands of disgruntled GM line workers (who had just learned of the Fiero's demise) who took it upon themselves to bolt fastback pieces on a few remaining Formula platforms, and hide them until nobody cared, and then ship them.

Many years later, I remembered the article. I inquired - and I was told it was pure creative fantasy, as were many of Randy's stories.
I have a vested interest...

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 07-06-2017).]

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2017 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's a tale I never heard lol.... but I do believe some were either special order or dealer optioned? We'll see what Bruce says when he arrives...

Nice car btw! Love the color!
USMUCL

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2017 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USMUCLSend a Private Message to USMUCLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

The ad has been deleted.

I read an article that Randy Agee (I believe) wrote, concerning a few "Formula Fastbacks" that escaped the factory, apparently at the hands of disgruntled GM line workers (who had just learned of the Fiero's demise) who took it upon themselves to bolt fastback pieces on a few remaining Formula platforms, and hide them until nobody cared, and then ship them.

Many years later, I remembered the article. I inquired - and I was told it was pure creative fantasy, as were many of Randy's stories.
I have a vested interest...

I'm in the minority, in that I don't like the fastback GTs as much as the aero notchbacks (like 85 GTs or the 86-87 SEs). But, I must admit, the fastback rear end on a formula looks . . . pretty f'ing cool.

PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2017 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree, I dont like the 'snowplow' nose any any Fiero at all. The first thing I did to my 86 V8 fastback GT was pull that nose off and replace it with an 84 bumper pad nose.

wgpierce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2017 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wgpierceSend a Private Message to wgpierceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have seriously considered buying an 88 Formula and coverting it to look like an 87 SE. I guess I like the aero look way better and 87 SEs v6s are incredibly hard to find in the condition I want
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2017 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wgpierce:

I have seriously considered buying an 88 Formula and coverting it to look like an 87 SE. I guess I like the aero look way better and 87 SEs v6s are incredibly hard to find in the condition I want

To each their own....but....don't ruin a Formula.
FTF Engineering

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2017 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FTF EngineeringSend a Private Message to FTF EngineeringEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, Randy and I had the two original Formula Fastbacks.

I sold mine a couple years ago into the Chicagoland area, but I guess it could have found it's way to another location since then. I talked with Randy a couple months ago, and at that time he still had his. Although it sounded like he was considering moving on.

I didn't get to see the car in question before the CL link was deleted. Did anyone happen to snag a pic of the car before the link disappeared?
busa_powered

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2017 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FTF Engineering:

Yes, Randy and I had the two original Formula Fastbacks.

I sold mine a couple years ago into the Chicagoland area, but I guess it could have found it's way to another location since then. I talked with Randy a couple months ago, and at that time he still had his. Although it sounded like he was considering moving on.

I didn't get to see the car in question before the CL link was deleted. Did anyone happen to snag a pic of the car before the link disappeared?

The ad was deleted by the owner so I removed the link
FTF Engineering

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2017 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FTF EngineeringSend a Private Message to FTF EngineeringEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What I'm asking is did anyone grab copies of any of the pics from the ad before it was deleted? Either on purpose, or maybe by accident.

I'm no OS whiz, but if you're using IE, you might have some of them yourself stored in some IE temp folder somewhere...

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock