Gas & Oil Mixing by herbiejonesiv
Started on: 07-04-2017 12:41 PM
Replies: 7 (146 views)
Last post by: herbiejonesiv on 07-05-2017 08:25 AM
herbiejonesiv

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2017 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for herbiejonesivSend a Private Message to herbiejonesivEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi everyone.

I just changed the oil on my fiero and it smelled a lot like gasoline.

It also wasn't as viscous as it usually is. Obviously this isnt good but just wondering if I could have some help.

I know this will likely require replacing some gaskets, just not sure which ones.

Thanks for your help!

Herb
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2017 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would suspect leaking fuel injectors. Easiest way to check is to use a fuel pressure gauge... and see how quickly the fuel pressure drops when the engine is turned off.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 07-04-2017).]

FIEROPHREK

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2017 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Weak/ worn rings will allow the fuel air mixture to escape past the rings. This will cause your oil to pick up a gasoline smell. how many miles on the motor? What engine are you running.

------------------

ARCHIES JUNK IS FASTER THAN SHAUNNA'S JUNK

12.3 is faster than a 13.2

herbiejonesiv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2017 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for herbiejonesivSend a Private Message to herbiejonesivEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's a stock 2.8 with 34000.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post07-04-2017 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How long was current oil in there? Time and mileage? A normal maintenance schedule should not bring the results that you are posting.

Just seeking information to help.
herbiejonesiv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2017 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for herbiejonesivSend a Private Message to herbiejonesivEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We changed the oil back in November just before the winter, we don't drive it until about late April.

It's driven every day for a total of 150-200 miles a week.

Recently the oil pan gasket was replaced because of a leak.

And that's really all the maintenance we've had to do.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2017 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can send a sample out to be tested. It will tell you a lot about your motor and whats all in the oil. Does sound like raw gas is leaking down into the crankcase. You need to find the problem if it is before the rings, lifters cylinders, seals and bearings burn out from lack of proper lubrication.
herbiejonesiv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2017 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for herbiejonesivSend a Private Message to herbiejonesivEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found this link: https://www.injectorrx.com/leaking-fuel-injectors/

All of these conditions are what the car is experiencing.

So I'm likely going to just go ahead and replace all of them, even if it is a somewhat expensive fix.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock