Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Is ACDelco making 88 front bearings again?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Is ACDelco making 88 front bearings again? by formulaWA
Started on: 06-29-2017 09:45 PM
Replies: 7 (835 views)
Last post by: nosrac on 07-06-2017 01:06 AM
formulaWA

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2017 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for formulaWASend a Private Message to formulaWAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interesting

I noticed several vendors including those on Ebay, Amazon and Rock Auto are showing 88 front bearings in stock for about $100/ea?? Seem to be AC delco # 513040? Anybody heard anything about this?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2017 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chinese knock off new version of "AC DELCO" ?

Not sure.
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2017 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by formulaWA:

Interesting

I noticed several vendors including those on Ebay, Amazon and Rock Auto are showing 88 front bearings in stock for about $100/ea?? Seem to be AC delco # 513040? Anybody heard anything about this?

I'm glad you asked this question because I've noticed this too.

Probably Chinese made cheap bearings. I was thinking of buying one and taking it apart to see the
bearing design and info it to report to others with 88s. I'm probably wasting my time.

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. Beechwood interior, All original.

nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2017 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They are the exact same ones on eBay.
AC Delco puts them in a AC Delco branded box and add $40 each to the price.
Get the eBay ones and call it a day. I have a R Diickman bearing on the left and eBay on the right.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2017 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

Get the eBay ones and call it a day. I have a R Diickman bearing on the left and eBay on the right.

AC Delco parts today are a combination of good tested reliable parts and re-boxed no name Chinese parts of questionable quality. The USA AC Delco plant was closed years ago so anything AC Delco today could be very good or could be very bad. As for the 88 front bearing hubs, at least owners now have repair parts. In any event if the car is just used for shows , events and hobby use, a decent quality bearing should hold up.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 07-01-2017).]

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2017 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The truth is with many items today there are few mfg for many parts and many of these items are made in one p,ace and sold under many different names.

Bearings even Timkens are not all made by Timken anymore.

Hub bearings only have a clip,e makers.

Most valves are from Chille and there are only a couple places that turn cams.

The truth today also is it is foolish to assume things made in China are not good. The truth is there is good and bad from anywhere anymore.

Keep in mind Zchina makes all our smart phones, and most of our computers and TVs anymore. Much of what they make
Is as good or better than most. That needs to be understood so we do not lose any more ground than we already have.v
formulaWA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2017 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for formulaWASend a Private Message to formulaWAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

How did u fnd out they were the same bearings as the no name ones on Ebay

nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2017 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I purchased the AcDelco one right after I purchased the eBay one because I hoped it was a high quality AcDelco part. Imagine my surprise when I open up the box and it was the EXACT same bearing as the eBay one. They got another sucker to take the bait. I guess u can say I took one for the team but it would have been great if they were legit. The eBay ones are made of mild steel so they will rust. I had paint them with shortly after install because they were making why new wheels look bad.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock