I installed a controller kit in a local Fiero owners 85 yesterday. I used my new technique for soldering the butt splices. Strip the wires 1/2". Then solder the middles (on most of the butt splices the solder flowed into the center area well but on some it did not) then solder the ends. I want to think some do not flow because they are air locked. But I soldered the ends and flowed solder out and over the butt splice. I think this technique works especially well. I found butt splices that have a larger open area in the middle. There is enough room to even get in there with a sharp scribe or something and slightly lift the ends of some of the wires so the solder can flow well around the ends of the wires. But you would still solder the ends. I put a picture of this on the installation page:http://rodneydickman.com/ca...h=21&products_id=424
This was the fifth controller system I have personally installed now. I have it down pat now. I took more pictures and I'll be updating my web page soon. I think I have all the installation bugs worked out now. This last installation went really well. All the soldered butt splices were excellent. They way we routed the wires, grounded the black wires etc was excellent. His headlights went up and down like new again.
Fiero Parts And Acc's Web Page:
All new web page!:www.rodneydickman.com
Rodney Dickman's Fiero accessories
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575