Curiosity - looking for my first Fiero by Fiero Vampire
Started on: 06-22-2017 01:38 PM
Replies: 5 (196 views)
Last post by: Fiero Vampire on 06-22-2017 10:58 PM
Fiero Vampire

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2017 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm doing some packing getting ready for my move to Phoenix and I came across the registration of my first car my 85 Black Fiero Sports Coupe, a car for reasons out of my control, I had to sale it in 92, eventually the new owner lost it and it was towed off for being on the street not registered and last I knew was in the hands of the tow company in Northern California, they had contacted me shortly afterwards as I was the last registered owner which is how I found out it's fate, but only after the bill for towing & Storage was way more than the car was worth or I would have just bought it back. Anyways since I had a CarFax report left from recently replacing the family SUV I went ahead and ran it, according to the report the trail ends there, I wonder if it got crushed or sitting in a garage somewhere, odd thing is it was in good shape last I saw it so I was surprised to see no other records, properly never know the actual fate of the car but since I have the vin I might as well post and see if I get lucky.

1G2PM37R5FP260214
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2017 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You might get lucky... But on the other hand I've found that the more years have passed since there was any activity, the less accurate the carfax is.

So, maybe, maybe not.
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 567
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2017 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Many states and Insurance Co's do not report data to Carfax etc. Some do but only a few times / year.

If you don't pay impound fees then likely the car was crushed.
If car has value then may have been auction off. But car sitting then likely not running and/or parts missing then they sold for scrap.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2017 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've tried to find a car the same way........no luck.

[This message has been edited by trivet (edited 06-22-2017).]

Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2017 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your timing is most coincidental...

That car was reported in the theft database... today.

Before that the NMVTIS reported it as "No Problems Reported" every Dec. 31st from 1991 to 2016

I don't know how accurate these records are but in July 1990 there was an odometer record ( 78,872 ) in Arkansas.

I got this from a free database source online so I won't vouch for the accuracy.
Fiero Vampire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2017 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Reported to a theft database today? Wow that is coincidental, I guess that wouldn't have come up the car fax report I ran this morning. I bought the car while I was in the Army, stationed at Little Rock Aiforce base/ Ft Chaffee, so that record is correct I then bought it back home to Northern California. I would have been surprised if the car was crushed in 92, since it was in good shape at that time but anything is possible, although I was expecting that it would have been it's fate by now.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock