Started on: 06-11-2017 07:00 PM
Replies: 6 (338 views)
Last post by: viperine on 06-12-2017 12:01 AM
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2017 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How can you tell if the tailight lenses are Fiero Store?
Didn`t they have blemishes in the lettering?
Here are my lens which I`m considering selling as I am putting a solid panel with round lights on my car.
The T looks kind of off on my lenses and I didn`t know if factory were perfect or blemished.

Sorry for kind of crappy pics, it`s hard to get a pic without glare.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 06-11-2017).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2017 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yup, those are most likely from the fiero store.

Mine look exactly like yours.
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2017 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are instances of OEM lenses actually having that same problem. IIRC, sluppy123 and I were looking at mine one day. Mine are OEM, I purchased them from the local Pontiac dealer when they were still available through GM, and mine have this same discrepancy on the T.
tshark

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2017 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine, too.
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2017 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did the Fiero Store`s have all of the dot markings?
Mine have a number of letters and numbers that follow the dot marking.
railshot

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2017 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not sure if this will help much, but this is an original TIAC GT lense I bought recently and paid for as I thought the worth was to me.......

That being said, I know from being in the injection molding industry for over 40 years now, that each run of a product will have variations.
Not every setup is going to duplicate the previous one, and back when these were made, it was even less repeatable run to run.

And to be honest, if your lenses are in very good condition like mine are, I would price them accordingly if you truly want to let them go.

They are a "rare" commodity, and demand a decent price as such.
Rare being not many out there, if any, in NOS condition, and even fewer in good shape.

Bottom line, I am into both sides (PON and TIAC) for over $700.00 and worth it to me to be honest, because I will need them when I get one or the other GT to the point I want them to be perfect, I will have them safely tucked away in the basement.
Now, just to reach that point.
viperine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2017 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I scored a pair of fiero store repros a year ago, haven't installed them. I noticed the letter T being a little "off", but the real giveaway was the new goo used to seal them to the original housings was blue. Silicone, I assume. I haven't gone to the length to learn what the proper sealant is, but it's not something I've ever noticed at a parts store (perhaps my ignorance), and I am not aware of the fiero store lenses coming with installation goo at purchase. Perhaps a decent clue.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock