Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Red Devil River? Anyone bought/used their ALDL Bluetooth scanner? I'm having trouble. (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Red Devil River? Anyone bought/used their ALDL Bluetooth scanner? I'm having trouble. by Indyellowgt
Started on: 06-07-2017 02:03 PM
Replies: 53 (2504 views)
Last post by: fierosound on 07-30-2017 01:11 AM
Indyellowgt

Feedback score:    (35)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2017 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Like the title says...

I ordered an ALDL Bluetooth 12 pin scanner from them, downloaded the app for my droid and I got nothing..

The app is installed, I pull it up and it fails to recognize the device in my Bluetooth scan....

Reached out via email and voicemail to them with no response response yet...

I'm not terribly tech-y, but this thing also came with zero instructions or trouble shooting sheets

Any help would be great..

Thanks.

Mark
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2017 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try pm'ing phonedawgz, he is the owner of red devil river.
railshot

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2017 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got mine around 3 weeks ago and love it!
Still not sure what I am seeing, but it sure is dang fun to play with.

I wish there was a "baseline" of readings to compare mine to, but at least I have two GT's I can compare to each other.

Now to the fun stuff.......

Have you gone to your device (I assume android device here) and did a search for Bluetooth devices with the unit plugged in and the car, at least the key, in the on position so you see lights on the bluetooth unit?
That is how I found it on my tablet.
The default connect password is 1234.

There is also another little piece of the puzzle you need to put into the ALDLdroid folder on the device where you installed it.
You can find it on the cd that came with it, or download it, but it is called "1985 - 88 L44 2.8L V6 Pontiac Fiero $24 $24A.ADX" and needs to be in the adx folder on the device you installed aldldroid.
I used file manager to find it and this is the path I have for it........ /storage/emulated/0/ALDLdroid.
You should see the ADX folder there, just open that folder and after you copy it, paste that file into the ADX folder.

Without this file you will not see any data.

After all of that, you will need to go to settings, and open the Data stream file tab to select that file you just put into the ADX folder, to be able to read the data you want to read from your Fiero.
Once I had that installed, I started the GT, and did the search for Bluetooth devices, connected my device, then I simply opened aldldroid and hit connect to ecu.

Then you will also have to make sure you also click on Start data logging, lol,
I forgot to do that the first time and my 45 minute drive though very pleasurable, was not that valuable.

Once you are done collecting the data, you can then export it or as I did, email it to yourself as a spreadsheet and really get into it.

This may seem like a lot of stuff to do, but once you do it all, you are done and can just connect as you please.
I have used it on both GT's without any issues other than once again forgetting to hit start data logging.

Hope this helps, and if it does not post back here or pm me.....
Dave
Indyellowgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2017 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow nice. Thanks guys..

Dave....

I'm assuming im missing something... I have no led lights that I can see on my device that I got from Phonedawgs...

I got the box with the correct 12 pt connector, the software CD and a pink jumper wire. No packing, no instructions..

I did indeed download the $19 app for my G5 Droid
It seems to have installed properly

When I pull up the app, it opens the Bluetooth, and prompts my screen for scan for devices.. My Chevy link and Phillips Etc things are on my list.. But it fails to see whatever the ALDL device is...

I'm kind of at a loss here...

Any chance you can post a pic of what you have, Dave?

Thanks for all your help so far..

Msrk
Indyellowgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2017 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Indyellowgt

1950 posts
Member since Dec 2000
Oh FWIW.. I'm not dumping on Phonedawgs/Red Devil River..

There was quite a gap in the shipping(he shipped it immediately) the box showed up beat up and almost like it had been opened.. So I'm not sure if something got lost/damaged during shipping or not...

Plus, I'm a pretty good wrench turner and a trouble shooter, but the tech stuff like this is still new to me..
So I might be totally to blame here...

I have reached out to RDR via email and voicemail, but haven't heard back yet.. I understand people are busy, no biggie.

Mark
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2017 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is the one I have.

http://www.reddevilriver.com/ALDL_Bluetooth.html

When you plug it into the connector under the cig lighter cover, (obd1 connector) and turn the key on or start the engine, you should see some blinking lights.
If you are not seeing them, then you either have a defective or damaged unit from shipping.
Mine had a protective tape over the lens area.

All I had to do to get it to work was what I posted above.
Easy8

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2017 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Easy8Send a Private Message to Easy8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I run one of these on my LT1. Can not say much on how it works with the 2.8 but it works wonderful with the LT1. I did drop the money on AldlDroid so I can play with all the cool Gauge and the like. Now the better half has to remind me to watch the road not my tablet while driving. It is nice to see how the computer sees the motor working while it's driving. I did have an issue when I first got mine.. My tablet saw the Bluetooth device but it would never talk to the ECM. A couple of emails later and a new unit was shipped and I worked like a champ.
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2017 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Easy8:

I run one of these on my LT1. Can not say much on how it works with the 2.8 but it works wonderful with the LT1. I did drop the money on AldlDroid so I can play with all the cool Gauge and the like. Now the better half has to remind me to watch the road not my tablet while driving. It is nice to see how the computer sees the motor working while it's driving. I did have an issue when I first got mine.. My tablet saw the Bluetooth device but it would never talk to the ECM. A couple of emails later and a new unit was shipped and I worked like a champ.

Have you tried the heads up display feature on aldldroid?
It will reverse the screen so you can put it on the dash and watch and drive at the same time!
Indyellowgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2017 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Guys.. I had some success this morning tinkering with it! I need to be the right ALDL stream now, and I'll have it, I think!
I'm such a tech dummy that I don't know if I can pull it off, but I'm stoked to get this thing going!

I'm now seeing the LED display and finally got it to connect to Bluetooth!

Getting closer..
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2017 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Indyellowgt:

Hey Guys.. I had some success this morning tinkering with it! I need to be the right ALDL stream now, and I'll have it, I think!
I'm such a tech dummy that I don't know if I can pull it off, but I'm stoked to get this thing going!

I'm now seeing the LED display and finally got it to connect to Bluetooth!

Getting closer..

Any updates on this?
If I can help in any way, let me know!
Everyone should have one of these to at least play with as it is a very comprehensive set of data to put together to see how your engine is performing.

I will post my data somehow here if anyone else needs something to compare theirs to.

One with 198,900 miles and one with 84,000 miles.
Mine are very close, so I can only assume the 198,900 mile one is running as good as the 84,000 mile one.
Good stuff!
Dave
Indyellowgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2017 06:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Dave.. Getting tripped up on getting the 'right stream'. I need to get it sorted. Hoping to have some time to figure it out later today.. I really need it working... I know its not a genie in a bottle, but I feel it'll help me so much to see what is happening 'under the hood' I've grown tired of guessing what sensor is doing what... I'm hoping this helps..
PFF
System Bot
Indyellowgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2017 06:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Indyellowgt

1950 posts
Member since Dec 2000
So, I do have a question.. Sorry if it sounds totally dumb

If I need the " 1985 - 88 L44 2.8L V6 Pontiac Fiero $24 $24A.ADX " file that is supposedly on the disk I got with the Bluetooth scanner, how am I to get that info to my G5!? I've already bought the app for $20 snd the Bluetooth scanner for $80.. I'm fine with the prices for both, as I think it's such a small price to pay for an amazing tool.. However, I'm stuck on this other 'piece of the puzzle' I need.. I'm not sure where I can even find an ADX file.. ? Haha I'm so all thumbs with tech stuff! Bear with me! The laptop we have here does not have Bluetooth.. Can I tether the laptop to my phone to import the stream file I need?

Haha I feel like the kid that can't get the oil plug out and asks if its ok to drain the oil by running it with the filter off.. Hahahaaa

Thanks guys 😁
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 567
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2017 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can add Bluetooth to any PC including "real" laptops run by Intel (but not Atom) or AMD CPU.
Need a USB Bt and maybe software it comes w/ depending what version of Windows.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

Indyellowgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2017 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ahh Yes, Ogre.. I do believe we even have that device for the laptop. Thanks for the tip!
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2017 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So, I do have a question.. Sorry if it sounds totally dumb

If I need the " 1985 - 88 L44 2.8L V6 Pontiac Fiero $24 $24A.ADX " file that is supposedly on the disk I got with the Bluetooth scanner, how am I to get that info to my G5!? I've already bought the app for $20 snd the Bluetooth scanner for $80.. I'm fine with the prices for both, as I think it's such a small price to pay for an amazing tool.. However, I'm stuck on this other 'piece of the puzzle' I need.. I'm not sure where I can even find an ADX file.. ? Haha I'm so all thumbs with tech stuff! Bear with me! The laptop we have here does not have Bluetooth.. Can I tether the laptop to my phone to import the stream file I need?

Haha I feel like the kid that can't get the oil plug out and asks if its ok to drain the oil by running it with the filter off.. Hahahaaa

Thanks guys 😁

Well good news here, I have an LG G5 also that I installed aldldroid on along with my tablet.
Once you buy it, you can install it on any android device you log into with a Google account for no extra charges.

If you cannot find the file, I could email it to you.
This will be even easier if your email is set up on your G5.

Then, all you have to do is copy that file, go into your apps, look for file manager, go to aldldroid folder, open that and you will see the adx folder.
Copy the file you found (or I send you) and simply paste it into that folder.
Should be good to go after that.

Edit: I just emailed the file to you!

[This message has been edited by railshot (edited 06-13-2017).]

Indyellowgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2017 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You're the Bomb, Dave!

But, of course, it says that 'it cannot open file's

See I have no luck on top of no idea what I'm doing with these GD electronics!

We'll get it eventually, I hope!!
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2017 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You're the Bomb, Dave!

But, of course, it says that 'it cannot open file's

See I have no luck on top of no idea what I'm doing with these GD electronics!

We'll get it eventually, I hope!!

LOL, you do not want to "open" it, you just simply copy it and then paste it into the adx folder within aldldroid on the device you installed aldldroid on.
Leap of faith I know, and if you don't trust it, explore the cd you got and the same file is there.

You will get this eventually, heck, I am not a real computer wiz myself, but I can muddle through most anything, and I do mean muddle.

when you put the cd in your pc, a screen should pop up and give you a menu if you have it run.
What you want to do is click on Browse the CD (Explore) option and you will then see the contents of the CD.
Look for Tuner Pro RT Bluetooth ADX Definitions.
Open that folder and it is the 14th item down on the list.
Copy it and paste it into the adx folder on your phone.
If you take your charging cable and plug it into your pc usb port, it should install it so you can see the phone as another drive.
open that drive, look for aldldroid, open that folder, look for the adx folder, open that, then paste the adx file there..... clear as mud eh???
lol
Indyellowgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2017 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Like mud yes!

Thank you! I'll get this! I will!

Hahaha love this place
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2017 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh heck, I have been assuming you have a V6 all this time!
If you have a 4cyl, let me know as it is a different adx file, but on the cd also.
Indyellowgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2017 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All 6's Dave.. All 10 of them.. Help
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2017 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

All 6's Dave.. All 10 of them.. Help

Holy crap, and my wife thinks I have a problem now that we have 2!

That is 60 cylinders to care for and monitor......
No wonder you want this working!

LOL........
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2017 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spadesluck:

Try pm'ing phonedawgz, he is the owner of red devil river.

For several weeks/months, phonedawgz will post here on a regular basis... and then he just sort of disappears for awhile.
Indyellowgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2017 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ugh! So frustrated! I managed to get the ADX file all squared away, got the correct stream going, but this Damn thing will NOT connect via Bluetooth!! My phone sees it(after a lonnnnng time) I then paired it, and then when you try to connect, it does nothing.. Usually when you click on a paired device listed, it will show: connecting.... Then, it'll pop on..

If I un-pair the ALDL device and re-pair it, it'll prompt the code to 'connect' (I use the default -1234-) then it'll show on my device. But no dice on getting it to connect..

Thoughts?? Grrrrr
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2017 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ugh! So frustrated! I managed to get the ADX file all squared away, got the correct stream going, but this Damn thing will NOT connect via Bluetooth!! My phone sees it(after a lonnnnng time) I then paired it, and then when you try to connect, it does nothing.. Usually when you click on a paired device listed, it will show: connecting.... Then, it'll pop on..

If I un-pair the ALDL device and re-pair it, it'll prompt the code to 'connect' (I use the default -1234-) then it'll show on my device. But no dice on getting it to connect..

Thoughts?? Grrrrr

Hmmmm, just got home from a 17 hour work day, so let me ponder this one a bit....
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2017 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

railshot

1310 posts
Member since Jul 2006

Originally posted by railshot:

Hmmmm, just got home from a 17 hour work day, so let me ponder this one a bit....

OK, quoting myself here. lol, did you click on connect to ECU after the Bluetooth was connected?
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2017 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

railshot

1310 posts
Member since Jul 2006
This may help, I was going to do a video, but it has been done already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fibnQ7axKB4

This is a different Bluetooth unit, but it explains the aldldroid quite well..... and everything he says translates to the red devil river unit.

Indyellowgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2017 06:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Dave.. Thanks for chiming in..
I do try(even tho its not connected via Bluetooth) to 'connect to ECU' it says 'connecting' for about a minute, then disconnects. Not seeing any data...

I'll check out the vid.. Thanks for your help..

I've only actually gotten the unit to actually connect via Bluetooth just the once.. After what seemed like forever, it prompted me to connect.. Just once. This was before I had the correct stream going, so I got nada anyway..

Mark

[This message has been edited by Indyellowgt (edited 06-15-2017).]

Indyellowgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2017 06:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Indyellowgt

1950 posts
Member since Dec 2000
Dave.. On the video.. From 4:10 to 4:58...showing connecring the ALDL to Bluetooth.. This is where my phone or my ALDL unit is failing.. I connect to many items here all the time.. My Link in my New Chevy truck.. My Phillips speaker in the garage.. So on and so on.. Easy..

This is where my trouble is..

I've never heard back from Phonedawgz, so I have no idea whatsoever if this thing is faulty or not..

My orig issue was getting it to even connect wirelessly..
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2017 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dave.. On the video.. From 4:10 to 4:58...showing connecring the ALDL to Bluetooth.. This is where my phone or my ALDL unit is failing.. I connect to many items here all the time.. My Link in my New Chevy truck.. My Phillips speaker in the garage.. So on and so on.. Easy..

This is where my trouble is..

I've never heard back from Phonedawgz, so I have no idea whatsoever if this thing is faulty or not..

My orig issue was getting it to even connect wirelessly..

Just a thought, but you may want to try connecting using the USB port on the Bluetooth unit and plugging directly into your phone.
Your charging cable for your phone will work for this.

Indyellowgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2017 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by railshot:

Just a thought, but you may want to try connecting using the USB port on the Bluetooth unit and plugging directly into your phone.
Your charging cable for your phone will work for this.

Yeah, I don't think that'll work tho.. The ALDL box does not have the same plug-end as any usb port cable I have..

This whole thing os really a let-down .. I'm thankful for all the help thus far, but I think my Bluetooth box is bunk..
👿

[This message has been edited by Indyellowgt (edited 06-16-2017).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2017 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This whole thing os really a let-down .. I'm thankful for all the help thus far, but I think my Bluetooth box is bunk..

It's very disappointing that phonedawgz continues to not respond to your message(s) about a product that his company has sold to you. If I recall correctly, this isn't the first time that he's been guilty of non-communication here... which is a shame as he's a knowledgeable fellow.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 06-16-2017).]

PFF
System Bot
Indyellowgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2017 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Patrick.. I'm a little bummed, yes...

That being said, I had no idea this thing was gonna need sooo much tweaking to get it to function ..

I do believe I'll get it.. I've been scouring the CD that came along with it, most of which is great for using a laptop with a cable.. Foolishly, I thought the Bluetooth unit would be much more 'user friendly'. I was 100% wrong! I'm scouring tunerpro.net for files, pasting stream files.. Looking for the correct port for the droid Bluetooth, on and on and on..

I've still got a long way to go, I'm afraid to get this thing to read a Fiero ECM.

The re devil website makes it seem like it's almost a plug and play with the ALDL Bluetooth unit and the app..

Thanks for all the support so far.. I'll keep you all posted..

Mark
wgpierce

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2017 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wgpierceSend a Private Message to wgpierceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you tried calling him? This is listed on the website:

Red Devil River

1848 Mac Lane
Green Bay, WI 54311

Indyellowgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2017 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wgpierce:

Have you tried calling him? This is listed on the website:

Red Devil River

1848 Mac Lane
Green Bay, WI 54311

I did... Left a voicemail for him.. That was over a week ago..

I'm picking away at it.. Hopefully today.

Dave(Railshot) has been a tremendous help, as well as others. Like I said before.. I am a computer dummy for sure.. My girlfriend is pretty sharp so we're juggling her laptop, my phone and tablet.. Haha that got her to actually sit in a Fiero yesterday for about a half hour! There's a plus to everything! 😁
Thanks guys! We'll get this thing together, darn it!!

Indyellowgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2017 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Indyellowgt

1950 posts
Member since Dec 2000
Ok! Some success here! With a wrinkle!!

I was trying this on my 85SE ..

We installed it on my tablet.. For grins I decided to try it on my 88GT AND PESTO, ITS WORKING!

But, when I tried it on my 85, no workie!

Sooo, I looked at the Fiero ALDL connector
The '85 and '86 have four pins in the connector... A,B,E,G

The ,87 has A,B,E,F,G

The '88 has A,B,D,E,G

SO.. My guess is a different data stream for the three varieties...

If I had tried it on my '88 first I may have saved some handfuls of hair and drank less beer! Hahahaaa

Love youse guys!
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2017 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ok! Some success here! With a wrinkle!!

I was trying this on my 85SE ..

We installed it on my tablet.. For grins I decided to try it on my 88GT AND PESTO, ITS WORKING!

But, when I tried it on my 85, no workie!

Sooo, I looked at the Fiero ALDL connector
The '85 and '86 have four pins in the connector... A,B,E,G

The ,87 has A,B,E,F,G

The '88 has A,B,D,E,G

SO.. My guess is a different data stream for the three varieties...

If I had tried it on my '88 first I may have saved some handfuls of hair and drank less beer! Hahahaaa

Love youse guys!

Wooooooo Hoooooo!
Congratulations!
LOL, makes sense now..... and as far as the beer, consider that a bounus.... hehehe

Dave
USMUCL

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2017 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USMUCLSend a Private Message to USMUCLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wondering out loud here . . . could the difference in the 85 have anything to do with the resistor one/off option he has on his website?

http://www.reddevilriver.com/aldl.html

BTW, not even realizing this thread was here, I PM'd him hoping to purchase one. Heard nothing and, based on this thread, I am afraid to buy from his website or Ebay in fear my item will never come.

[This message has been edited by USMUCL (edited 06-17-2017).]

Indyellowgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2017 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by USMUCL:

Wondering out loud here . . . could the difference in the 85 have anything to do with the resistor one/off option he has on his website?

BTW, not even realizing this thread was here, I PM'd him hoping to purchase one. Heard nothing and, based on this thread, I am afraid to buy from his website or Ebay in fear my item will never come.

Hey there..
I wouldn't hesitate to buy one..

I got mine in a timely fashion.. I do understand he's busy.. Hard to respond knowing someone like me will likely figure it out.... Eventually.....

Plus, this scanner isn't made specifically for Fieros, so some things are needed to get your car to stream..
If it was a bit more 'user friendly' for a guy like me, it could have saved a lot of time..

Even now, I still need to dig to find out why some of my Fieros are scanning and some aren't..

I'm pretty stoked to get this up and running...

It's a huge learning curve for me..
These cars are just getting older and older and I'm glad to have this technology at our fingertips..
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2017 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by USMUCL:

I would not hesitate either.
The biggest challenge is in the software that is available, getting the correct ADX file loaded and selected.

phonedawgz is just supplying the tool to get communication to the software, so everything else after the unit itself is out of his hands or control.

I am somewhat of a computer guy, totally self taught, so it was a matter of searching and learning for me also.
Once you have it up and running, it is a great tool.

phonedawgz is pretty slow in communications, but I am sure if there were any issues with the unit itself, he would respond in the professional manner I see him as having.
Indyellowgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2017 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I think the 85 i have here is suspect.. It is connecting, but not sending data... The two 86's and the 88 are sending data..
Now of course, I need to figure this thing out.. I am hoping that I will be able to 'see' and 'monitor' more on the data logs..

Dave, I emailed the data logs to myself and oh boy what a mess of numbers... Not sure how I will ever decipher all the 'code'....
Sigh...

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock