Started on: 06-07-2017 11:32 AM
Replies: 12 (577 views)
Last post by: LT188GT on 06-10-2017 03:59 PM
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2017 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know this is a matter of personal preference but I wanted to get some opinions.
I`m going to be getting one of the Corvette style 1-piece panel and I`m using round LEDs in it.
I can`t decide whether to paint it Black and sort of retain the stock appearance or paint it Red to match the car.
Decisions,decisions.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 06-07-2017).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2017 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know this doesn't exactly address this thread but.....I have had a crazy idea lately; Ever seen an infinite mirror? Anyway check them out. (I can't post pics here)....I was thinking of doing taillights as infinite mirrors......The only problem is there would always be the chance that the guy behind you would be so entranced that he would forget to.....brake.....

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2017 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about a satin or flat black? Maybe SEM trim black. Especially because your tails look black when off.

a la

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 06-07-2017).]

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2017 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

How about a satin or flat black? Maybe SEM trim black. Especially because your tails look black when off.

a la

That`s another option to think about.
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2017 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Satin black would look good. Maybe do a test fit with the lights attached and then just photoshop the different colors to get a better idea.
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2017 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A bit of info here; If you do the panel (I think satin black would look very good) and you want to put an emblem in the middle.....The Pontiac arrowhead emblem off the trunks on G6s look far better than any done back in the 80s....I have them on my custom "B" pillars and at the Fiero gatherings everyone is impressed with them- even if they don't like the B pillars.

I know a lot of people would copy the Ferrari look with a Pegasus emblem, but now that Pontiac has gone to the great pick-N-pull in the sky, it's nice to remember who went the distance to build our cars...

Interesting- I was just about to hit the submit button- Glanced out the window and saw a....G6 drive by.......
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2017 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I`m now leaning more toward the SEM Hot Rod Black.
The pic of the Ferrai it looks great in flat Black.
Maybe I can even get a Fiero emblem in chrome for the middle of the panel.
But, now I`m starting to think if I do the panel in Black I need Red lenses instead of Tinted.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 06-07-2017).]

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2017 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXGOOD

5410 posts
Member since Feb 2006

Originally posted by cvxjet:

A bit of info here; If you do the panel (I think satin black would look very good) and you want to put an emblem in the middle.....The Pontiac arrowhead emblem off the trunks on G6s look far better than any done back in the 80s....I have them on my custom "B" pillars and at the Fiero gatherings everyone is impressed with them- even if they don't like the B pillars.

I know a lot of people would copy the Ferrari look with a Pegasus emblem, but now that Pontiac has gone to the great pick-N-pull in the sky, it's nice to remember who went the distance to build our cars...

Interesting- I was just about to hit the submit button- Glanced out the window and saw a....G6 drive by.......

That`s exactly what I was thinking before I even saw your response.
I just ordered a NOS arrow emblem in Chrome and Red.
Orig88GT-NC

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2017 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Orig88GT-NCSend a Private Message to Orig88GT-NCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXGOOD: I`m now leaning more toward the SEM Hot Rod Black......

I‘m actually using the SEM Hot Rod Black paint right now, just sprayed the rear deck vents and my custom taillight panel and a few other pieces with it. The color and sheen(semi flat finish) is excellent, looks like the original finish found on the deck vents.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2017 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Orig88GT-NC:

I‘m actually using the SEM Hot Rod Black paint right now, just sprayed the rear deck vents and my custom taillight panel and a few other pieces with it. The color and sheen(semi flat finish) is excellent, looks like the original finish found on the deck vents.

Sounds good, I`m pretty much sold.
I was thinking of painting the vents too.

DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2017 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Or you know you could just put an OEM Ferrari challenge grill on like I did with my Fiero.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2017 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DeLorean00:

Or you know you could just put an OEM Ferrari challenge grill on like I did with my Fiero.

Now, Now, I`m on a budget. That`s why I work my butt off doing everything myself.
I mean I`m REALLY on a budget.
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2017 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any shade of black looks good, I just prefer gloss black.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock