Finally decided to buy one by gomezaddams
Started on: 06-06-2017 10:59 PM
Replies: 7 (310 views)
Last post by: Spadesluck on 06-10-2017 03:05 AM
gomezaddams

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2017 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gomezaddamsSend a Private Message to gomezaddamsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been stalking fieros for years. This 88 was too cheap to pass up. Needs paint and engine work. But the interior is nearly perfect. 50k original miles, Pretty rust free. Was hoping to drive it a bit then tear it apart to fix, but the ride home it smokes pretty bad on the uphills. Oh well Im looking at motor swap options, its the 4cylinder 5speed

[url=http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l189/gomezladdams/car/fiero/IMG_20170606_171208_428_zpsknbt3ldw.jpg~original][/url]
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2017 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the madness.
Love tan interiors. 5 speed has nice overdrive so it lopes along on the freeway instead of revving at 3k when you are doing 65 (4 speed stick!). I threw a 3.4 DOHC behind mine, BIG engine and heavy but great fun. Most popular swap seems to be the 3800 SC.
Only down side to the 88 I can think of is are the front wheel hubs which are getting rare so for me, if I saw a pair i good condition/new I'd probably grab them 'just in case'. 88's do drive nice though in stock form and the stock brakes work much better than the earlier years (assuming all in good condition).

Fixed your url to pics http://i96.photobucket.com/...nbt3ldw.jpg~original

anyway, have fun and start saving those $$, you'll need them LOL!

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2017 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats on your first Fiero, and welcome to the Forum.

Where is Gilboa?
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2017 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Google says NY and car has NY plates I think.

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

gomezaddams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2017 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gomezaddamsSend a Private Message to gomezaddamsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep NY. Going to do a compression check this weekend. If its rings the teardown begins. If its valves I may fix it and drive it a bit this summer

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2017 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a Fiero club that covers parts of NY:
Mid Atlantic Fiero Owners Association, serving PA, VA, MD, NJ, DE and parts of NY:
http://www.mafoa.com/
https://www.facebook.com/midatlanticfieros/
gomezaddams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2017 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gomezaddamsSend a Private Message to gomezaddamsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you!
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2017 03:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome! Don't forget to document all your changes so you can look back on them later. Always helpful to do.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock