Started on: 06-06-2017 08:58 PM
Replies: 22 (545 views)
Last post by: mrfiero on 06-09-2017 07:45 PM
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2017 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My GT appears to have procreated yet again. Why do they all have to be red??

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2017 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love skitimes car so much! He really led the way on Fiero mods for years to come.

Nice 88 GT with the gold wheels. Love that combo!

------------------

[This message has been edited by DeLorean00 (edited 06-06-2017).]

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2017 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, that IS Skitimes car? I knew it looked familiar. Congrats!
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2017 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Skitime's car is in Colorado now? Congratulations!!
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2017 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd kill for that garage!

PS. Red s the CORRECT color EOM !!!

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

motoracer838

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2017 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Again, Pennock's member rpro owned it for a time while he was living here, I had done a repair on the altenator mount when it broke.

Joe
mrfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2017 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DeLorean00:

I love skitimes car so much! He really led the way on Fiero mods for years to come.

Nice 88 GT with the gold wheels. Love that combo!

It's still a very nice car.....not perfect, as it has been driven, but still very presentable. There are a lot of mods I like on this car, but a few that I could live without...overall though I love it. The power is addictive! She has some punch.

I have always liked the contrast of the gold wheels versus the black ones. Usually it's accompanied by a beechwood interior (which I love), but this GT has gray interior...which is somewhat unusual with gold wheels.

Joe is correct...."rpro" used to live in Colorado and so did this car. He moved to Florida several years ago and that is where I went to pick it up. So.....it's a 2-time Colorado car.

mrfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2017 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mrfiero

8996 posts
Member since Mar 99

Originally posted by Monkeyman:

So, that IS Skitimes car? I knew it looked familiar. Congrats!

Thanks! BTW.....it *was* Skitime's car. It's mine now!

mrfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2017 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mrfiero

8996 posts
Member since Mar 99

Originally posted by ltlfrari:

I'd kill for that garage!

PS. Red s the CORRECT color EOM !!!

I love my garage too....it was a major selling point when I bought the place. I can squeeze 4 cars in there....3 Fieros and my Bugeye (shoved in there sideways behind the 2 in the picture). I also have a decent sized driveway....I can park 12 cars in the driveway plus a few in the backyard (in a pinch). All told I can fit 20 cars on my property! The neighbors may not like it though.

I don't mind red, but all 4 of my Fieros are red! I just wish one or 2 were a different color.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2017 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfiero:

Thanks! BTW.....it *was* Skitime's car. It's mine now!

Take that as a compliment... that is one of the few cars instantly recognizable on this forum. I saw it in Florida a few years back. Knew it was not Skitime's car anymore, but that's what it's known as.

You should know more than anybody what happens when you buy a famous car.... "Is this Chris Moore's car?" lol

Falcon Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2017 04:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations! I saw it a few years back at a Fiero / Solstice gathering at the Royal Gorge, and really liked how it looked!
Nice get.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Falcon Fiero (edited 06-07-2017).]

PFF
System Bot
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2017 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been biting my lip about this one for over a month now!

Glad you finally have become the caretaker for this car.
I followed the build and modifications back as they happened, and it truly is the most recognizable Fiero I can think of.

Congrats again Mike!

Enjoy it!
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post06-07-2017 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has always been one of the great Fieros out in the wild.

That GT screams for a set of larger lace wheels in gold with a bright rim.

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2017 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm glad you got it home safely. I enjoyed seeing your postings on FB.

So... what are your plans for it?
Leave it as is, and drive it? Add your own touch? Make it a garage shrine?
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2017 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats! I saw it in person at the 20th show years ago, still looks great.
Curtisk1060

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2017 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Curtisk1060Send a Private Message to Curtisk1060Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love the fact we have another 3800SC in Colorado, they are so much fun!!.. Can't wait to see it sometime at one of our cruises!!.. Curtis
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2017 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Has always been one of the great Fieros out in the wild.

That GT screams for a set of larger lace wheels in gold with a bright rim.

I love those 5 star chrome Prime wheels. Virtually impossible to find that style nowadays.
mrfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2017 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Take that as a compliment... that is one of the few cars instantly recognizable on this forum. I saw it in Florida a few years back. Knew it was not Skitime's car anymore, but that's what it's known as.

Oh I do take it as a compliment.

You should know more than anybody what happens when you buy a famous car.... "Is this Chris Moore's car?" lol

Ugh!
mrfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2017 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mrfiero

8996 posts
Member since Mar 99

Originally posted by Falcon Fiero:

Congratulations! I saw it a few years back at a Fiero / Solstice gathering at the Royal Gorge, and really liked how it looked!
Nice get.

Thanks! It's no Ferrari, but it'll do.

[This message has been edited by mrfiero (edited 06-08-2017).]

mrfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2017 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mrfiero

8996 posts
Member since Mar 99

Originally posted by railshot:

Been biting my lip about this one for over a month now!

Glad you finally have become the caretaker for this car.
I followed the build and modifications back as they happened, and it truly is the most recognizable Fiero I can think of.

Congrats again Mike!

Enjoy it!

Thanks for not spilling the beans. I love the car and have already started tinkering with it. It has new power window switches and a new steering wheel & shift knob in the proper beechwood. I bought them from "irrationable" before I even knew I'd be buying another beechwood interior car....I guess a little foreshadowing was in play.

Tony Kania....I may play with the idea of different wheels in the future. For now, it'll get a new set of tires and I'll keep the current wheels. Eventually I think a set of gold lace wheels will find its way onto the car though.

Raydar....I'm glad I made it home safely too. The rain made it miserable, but I survived. For now I'm just going to do maintenance on it and keep it as is. As mentioned above....I installed some new switches and steering wheel & shift knob. The color was just off....both were recovered at some point in the past and "painted" the wrong color. Looks much better now. Eventually I will start doing things to it to make it "mine, but for now I plan on driving it. No garage queen here! It will be driven on a regular basis.

RWDPLZ...Thanks! It has held up remarkably well, but there are some age related cosmetic issues that I will resolve. Nothing serious, just some paint blemishes, etc.

Curtisk1060...This car is a blast! I love it better than the Northstar GT I had years ago. The manual tranny has a lot to do with that! My work schedule is horrible, but I do plan on making as many shows/cruises as I can. I definitely want to show her off.

jscott1...I actually like these wheels too, but I think some gold lace wheels would really make it pop. For the foreseeable future the primes are staying put.
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2017 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mike, way to go on the purchase

I am too a big fan and owner of the 88 gold wheels / beechwood interior combo.

Over the years I've been trying to find the color code for the 88 gold wheels...have you
ever re-painted a set?

I would be open to exchange pics with you of this topic if interested of my gold wheels and your
present and past gold / beechwood combo of the 88GT you've had in the past.

RossT has a very beautiful 88GT color combo, but awesomely low milage fiero.

Cheers !
------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. Beechwood interior, All original.

[This message has been edited by fierogt28 (edited 06-09-2017).]

PFF
System Bot
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2017 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by fierogt28 (edited 06-09-2017).]

mrfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2017 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt28:

Mike, way to go on the purchase

I am too a big fan and owner of the 88 gold wheels / beechwood interior combo.

Over the years I've been trying to find the color code for the 88 gold wheels...have you
ever re-painted a set?

I would be open to exchange pics with you of this topic if interested of my gold wheels and your
present and past gold / beechwood combo of the 88GT you've had in the past.

RossT has a very beautiful 88GT color combo, but awesomely low milage fiero.

Cheers !

Thanks! I haven't had the chance to drive it since I got home.....it's getting new tires installed tomorrow and the alternator pooped out on me (yay!). I have some vacation coming up in a couple of weeks and plan on getting it all sorted by the 4th of July.

My very first Fiero was a black '88 GT with gold wheels and beechwood interior. Ever since then I've been partial to that combination....exterior color not as important, but tan interior & gold wheels is a great look.

I have never painted a set of wheels, so I have no idea on the correct color code...sorry. As for pics of your wheels.....sure. Post away! Mine are in average condition.....the GT has 135K miles, so it's not a show car. The "skitime" GT has big brakes, so I can't use stock wheels, but at some point I plan on getting some 17"/18" gold lace style wheels on it. I just bought new tires for the old chrome wheels, so nothing is going to change until they wear out.

I sold Ross his GT! Well.....I facilitated the sale. It belonged to a friend of mine who owned 55 Fieros back in the 90's...including several low mileage/new ones. I believe his car had 800 miles on it when he bought it way back when.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock