+What's the Deal on my Fiero Turbine Wheels?+ by BuzzLOL
Started on: 06-02-2017 11:48 PM
Replies: 5 (346 views)
Last post by: bjc 350 on 06-03-2017 10:58 PM
BuzzLOL

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2017 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BuzzLOLClick Here to visit BuzzLOL's HomePageSend a Private Message to BuzzLOLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As far as I know, my '85 Fiero has the stock base wheels which are 20 fins turbine style aluminum 13" wheels, but I don't see them on other Fieros even in pictures. Or are they likely aftermarket wheels? I've had the car for many years but just got around to wondering about the wheels. At first I thought they were bumpy cast iron and a tad rusty, but they are aluminum, maybe sand cast and bumpy on the sides of the fins. Painted black, but I think I will make the fin edges white like the car. I don't care for black wheels. They aren't dished, the fins actually bow out slightly and the overall design is kinda flatish like the wheels on FWD cars. My camera is full of pictures, I need to upload them and make room to take more pictures.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2017 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Initially there was a 13" wheel option and your description sounds about right. Pics would be great to be sure because I am having trouble finding a pic of the 13" option in all the pics I have.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2017 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finned 13 inch like you described were offered on the 84's, but I don't know if they were an 85 option. If they were, it was on the economy coupe.
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2017 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For 1985, they were option code PX1 according to the enthusiast's guide.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2017 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a sample pic (not my Fiero):
bjc 350

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2017 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The only option my base 84 came with other than a basic radio. Pretty sure the PO's never tried to clean them. Once I refurbished the car, I scrubbed and scrubbed and then polished the clear coat off the lips of the rim to give them a little more pizzaz. I hate 'em, but they are nostalgia cool! Keep them, they are not very common. Most buyers likely realized how tedious they are to keep clean, so didn't buy them.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock