Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  First time Fiero owner.. soon atleast. What should I look out for?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
First time Fiero owner.. soon atleast. What should I look out for? by oskar
Started on: 05-31-2017 01:40 PM
Replies: 6 (334 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 06-05-2017 01:44 PM
oskar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2017 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for oskarSend a Private Message to oskarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi,
I am living in Sweden and I am thinking of getting myself a nice Fiero. When I saw one a couple of weeks ago I instantly knew I had to get one

I'm reading up as much as I can, this forum is just great and you all seem so helpful and nice. Kudos to you!
I have found myself a -87 GT manual with suspensions(F&B) from an -88 and swapped engine to a 3.4 supposedly rebuilt. I wont tell you the price, stuff here is expensive..

Any tips on what I should look out for or check when I inspect her? I'm in no way an expert but I think know enough.
Can I use it daily or atleast often or do I need to constantly tinker with it to have it running?

My future plan for it is to paint it white and have the old coupe nose - no wing. If I got the models and fronts right
I guess it need new doors and bottom end too. I havent got that figured out yet but If I understand things correctly all body parts are interchangeable between models and years right?
I want it to look like this:

My english probably has a few gaps when it comes to car terms but I hope you understand me anyway.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2017 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rust, as you wont see any on the outside. A good place to check is pull the carpet up on either side of the rear trunk and see if there is rust or a patched repair.

or a giant hole....

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 05-31-2017).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2017 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yep... check for rust before anything else, especially of the rear upper frame rails.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2017 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you find one and are thinking of buying take a bunch of pics and post here.
liv4God

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2017 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can definitely drive it daily. The only times my Fieros have problems is when I let them sit too long.
oskar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2017 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for oskarSend a Private Message to oskarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks! I probably wont drive it in the winter here anyway - but I want to use it. They use road salt here and its horrible rust wise.
And its really cold . And snowy.. with ice.

I managed to get a photo from the owner. (I havent seen it yet):

Here's the photo from his ad:

It looks promising(?) and I'll probably take a trip to have look at it. Snap some photos and show you guys.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2017 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its lowered and has larger than stock wheels. Also modified front parking lights. Nice looking car. Black paint is the hardest to keep looking nice.
Trunk corner looks great.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 06-05-2017).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock