Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  How many have seen the new Let Go commercial featuring a Yellow 88 GT??

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
How many have seen the new Let Go commercial featuring a Yellow 88 GT?? by Curtisk1060
Started on: 05-24-2017 07:02 PM
Replies: 18 (2116 views)
Last post by: fieroglenn on 06-03-2017 08:06 PM
Curtisk1060

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2017 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Curtisk1060Send a Private Message to Curtisk1060Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just saw the newest sell it on "Let Go" commercial, where some monks in yellow robes were sitting around with a Yellow 88GT just sitting there beneath them in a forest.. of course it was sold.. my favorite. How many have seen it so far?? CurtisK a yellow 88GT member...
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
railshot

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2017 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Curtisk1060:

Just saw the newest sell it on "Let Go" commercial, where some monks in yellow robes were sitting around with a Yellow 88GT just sitting there beneath them in a forest.. of course it was sold.. my favorite. How many have seen it so far?? CurtisK a yellow 88GT member...

Hey, that would be me.... if I was 30 years younger!
LOL, this is a good one for sure!

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/wIFB/letgo-monk?autoplay=1

css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2017 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Half the monks in that commercial had probably all posted on PFF that the car was priced too high...
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2017 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That made my day. Thanks for posting it!
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2017 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for sharing, I had not seen it. This disadvantage of fast forwarding all commercial brewaks I guess.

Anyhow, found it on Youtube so it could be posted here:

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2017 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet!
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2017 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Even tho that looks like a rain forest....They shouldn't park a fire hazard like that there.....(Oh wait- It's not green...Never mind....)
VanGTP5000

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2017 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just saw this commercial and logged in to search to see if anyone had posted about it lol!
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2017 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cvxjet:

Even tho that looks like a rain forest....They shouldn't park a fire hazard like that there.....(Oh wait- It's not green...Never mind....)

I get a HUGE chuckle every time I see that referenced! ! ! !

For those that missed it, I posted something that happened to me at a gas station about 6 years ago:

I was filling up, and a guy looked over at me and made the comment, I thought all those caught fire..... I smiled, and decided to also make something up... after a short pause, I said that it was only a problem with the green ones. He looked a bit puzzled.... I then went on to tell him, very matter of factly, with an equally serious face, that that is why you hardly ever see a green Fiero still on the road. Most of them have been lost now. He was like ahhhhh ok.... He went on about his business and left without another word.

I mean he was naive enough to think they all caught fire, it was not a stretch, for me to think that he would just agree, not wanting to look stupid or anything! LOL!

I get a kick when I see posts about it. When I was in Frazee, Minnesota at the car show a few years back, I heard someone mention something about a Fiero fire, and someone interjected that it must have been one of those green Fieros! LOL

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 05-25-2017).]

USMUCL

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2017 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USMUCLSend a Private Message to USMUCLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

Half the monks in that commercial had probably all posted on PFF that the car was priced too high...

That is great. Touche

css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2017 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Notice that car seems to have the air-intake vent smoothed.... Or they just Photoshopped it off. I don't think they flipped the film because the gas door is still there.
PFF
System Bot
kriswinner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2017 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kriswinnerSend a Private Message to kriswinnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Logs in to check if someone has already posted....
Yup...already posted...
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2017 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

Notice that car seems to have the air-intake vent smoothed.... Or they just Photoshopped it off. I don't think they flipped the film because the gas door is still there.

Good eye, I didn't notice that. But who smooths off their intake??
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2017 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

For those that missed it, I posted something that happened to me at a gas station about 6 years ago:

I was filling up, and a guy looked over at me and made the comment, I thought all those caught fire..... I smiled, and decided to also make something up... after a short pause, I said that it was only a problem with the green ones. He looked a bit puzzled.... I then went on to tell him, very matter of factly, with an equally serious face, that that is why you hardly ever see a green Fiero still on the road. Most of them have been lost now. He was like ahhhhh ok.... He went on about his business and left without another word.

Hey wait a minute.......

Rob
trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2017 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You're ok - it's only the "factory green" ones that burned up.....

Also - that is a DAMN good looking car!! Seriously - Nice!!

[This message has been edited by trivet (edited 06-01-2017).]

Christine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2017 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love that his last worldly possession is his Fiero, he got rid of all his stuff but could not let go of the Fiero. Makes me think the person that either submitted the idea has a Fiero or knows someone that is obsessed with them or something like that. I also wonder if the owner will find the forum or is on it and just did not say anything about being in a commercial.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2017 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw the commercial and what they are saying is that if you own a Fiero, you need a new car!

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

fieroglenn

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2017 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroglennSend a Private Message to fieroglennEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes it is a true Yellow 88 owned by me in Langley.B.C. All original. And yes probably something was photoshopped ( especially the plates ) Collector. Thanks for all the nice comments, much appreciated.
fieroglenn

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2017 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroglennSend a Private Message to fieroglennEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fieroglenn

3 posts
Member since Jul 2006
Yes it is a true Yellow 88 owned by me in Langley.B.C. All original. And yes probably something was photoshopped ( especially the plates ) Collector. Thanks for all the nice comments, much appreciated.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock