Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  RUN FOR THE HILLS 22 EVENT INFORMATION (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
RUN FOR THE HILLS 22 EVENT INFORMATION by fierofool
Started on: 05-08-2017 04:00 PM
Replies: 57 (1490 views)
Last post by: fierofool on 10-16-2017 05:29 PM
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2017 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RFTH 22 will be held on Sept. 15-17, 2017. The starting point will be Clayton, Ga. We will arrive on Sept. 15, for an overnight stay prior to departure on Saturday morning.

Our host hotel in Clayton is The Quality Inn, 834 Hwy. 441 South.
Phone 706-782-2214 to make your reservation.
20 rooms are blocked under the name "Georgia Fieros".
Our rate for double queen rooms is $110 plus taxes.
Cut off date is September 1.
No Pets Allowed.
All rooms are No Smoking rooms.

Our destination will be Asheville, NC where we will have dinner, stay overnight prior to returning home Sunday the 17th.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asheville,NC hotel information.

Red Roof Inn, Asheville West
16 Crowell Road
Asheville, NC

RESERVATION PHONE-GROUP BOOKING
800-773-7663
IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS REACHING THE ABOVE NUMBER, PLEASE CALL
800-874-9000
TO RECEIVE THE DISCOUNTED RATE USE GROUP CODE
B146GEOFIE

Two full beds, 2 persons $106.24 plus taxes.
Each additional person, add $4.25.
Queen or King beds can be negotiated directly with the hotel.
The front desk number is 828-667-9803. DO NOT call this number to make your reservation.

Our room block expires at midnight August 16. It is up to hotel management to extend the rates beyond August 16.

We must occupy a minimum of 10 rooms to receive the above discounted rates. I can tell you that every hotel I contacted had rates starting in the $150 range, so this is a good rate.

Red Roof Inns is a Smoke-Free property.
Pets are allowed but you must call the front desk to make arrangements. This may be due to certain rooms being utilized for guests with pets.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 07-17-2017).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2017 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
J Gunsett

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2017 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for J GunsettClick Here to visit J Gunsett's HomePageSend a Private Message to J GunsettEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am going to try and make it.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2017 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hope you can make it.

How about you, 2.5? Will we get to put a face to the name?

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2017 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bit of a haul for me, maybe some year
Though I currently run a small show up here for all types of cars the same Saturday.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2017 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Like The Fiero Factory Swap Meet, you never know when it will be The Last One. Don't procrastinate.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2017 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe holding out for the 3rd year Tail of the Dragon.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2017 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

tshark

4388 posts
Member since Feb 2014

Originally posted by fierofool:
How about you, 2.5? Will we get to put a face to the name?

Hold the show. You guys don't know each other? Somehow, I figured that people who are as active with Fieros as you both and have been involved for so long, would have met by now.

There exist several pics of 2.5 on PFF. He's about 5' 15” short, and probably under 200 pounds soaking wet.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2017 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Warwoman Road, our starting point is over 20 miles long and many prefer it over The Dragon.

2.5 and I pm'd once. We shared a common point of view on a topic.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2017 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Who knows we may have met at the 30th for example, but didn't introduce via screen name. Its like that sometimes.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2017 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've never been able to make it to the Anniversary shows or Daytona. Health matters took control of us around the turn of the century. The only big events have been RFTH and The Swap Meet.
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2017 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Y2K bug struck, after all. jk

Well, maybe in the future, there will be a closer event for both of you.
spirit

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2017 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spiritSend a Private Message to spiritEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Due to an accident and having serious back surgery I won't be at the RFTHs this year. Dr. says 6-9 months recovery. It's close to home be as of noow, no driving and need walker to move around. So everyone go and have a GREAT TIME. Hope to see you next year.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2017 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are a number of restaurants and bars near our Asheville hotel. I am planning our Saturday evening dinner at a restaurant about 200 yards away so any who wish to consume adult beverages can do so without driving.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2017 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is a small sampling of how we will start this year's RFTH. 18 miles of Warwoman Road. Every bit as challenging, if not more so, than The Dragon. The bonus is that there's very little traffic.

https://youtu.be/TNWnrRB3Oh8

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 05-30-2017).]

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2017 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking for someone to share rooms with. I will cover the cost of the more expensive room in Asheville if someone else will cover the less expensive room in Clayton.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2017 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The WarWoman and The Rattler

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

All Tshirts will be delivered at the event.

Event Tshirts can be ordered in our Club Merchandise section at http://gafiero.org/shop.shtml

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 07-19-2017).]

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2017 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some have reported difficulty with a continuous busy signal for the Red Roof Inn Group Booking Phone Number. If you have problems, please see the first post in this thread for a second phone number.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2017 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looking for someone to share rooms with. I will cover the cost of the more expensive room in Asheville if someone else will cover the less expensive room in Clayton.

Still need someone to share rooms. I've already made the reservation in Asheville. Just need someone to share in Clayton.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2017 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierofool

12810 posts
Member since Jan 2002
Putting out a hand to other clubs that Georgia Fieros has interacted with, I've invited the Georgia Triumph Association and the Southeast Kappa Registry to join us. I've recently received communications that some of them will, indeed be joining us.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2017 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
EVERYONE WHO'S MADE THEIR RESERVATIONS USING THE GEORGIA FIEROS GROUP CODE, PLEASE CHECK WITH THE RED ROOF INN IN ASHEVILLE. THE CLUB RECEIVED AN EMAIL STATING THAT NONE OF THE ROOMS HAVE BEEN RESERVED. THAT INCLUDES MY ROOM, FOR WHICH I HAVE A RESERVATION CONFIRMATION CODE.

Tina

Groups Department

Contact Center Groups Department

P 800.874.9000 | F 614.225.5224

Groups Department Hours 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM (EST) Monday – Saturday

Red Roof Inn Contact Center • Springfield, Ohio

groups@redroof.com | redroof.com

PFF
System Bot
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2017 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a warning....Sharon and I will be there.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2017 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OMG!

RUN FOR THE HILLS!
2002z28ssconv

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2017 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How early do you start out on Saturday? Thinking of joining RFTH this year for the 1st time although it has been on my short list for a very long time. Now that the 3800SC is finally running right, thinking of sleeping at my sister's in North GA Friday night but it's over an hour from your hotel.

[This message has been edited by 2002z28ssconv (edited 08-06-2017).]

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2017 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I generally start the drivers' meeting at 8:30 and we pull out by 9AM. We want all vehicles serviced and with full tanks of fuel before the meeting. The lunch and evening arrival in Asheville with evening dinner is based upon this starting time.

Where in N. Georgia will you be coming from?
Dragon

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2017 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking forward to it

It's been a couple of years since we had a chance to play

Might even get the Dragon out of moth balls

------------------

Frank Martin
87 GT
3800 s/c - lowered with Held Motorsports suspension - Suicide Doors by Archie
Custom Paint
Fun To Drive Daily Driver

87 Convertible
Sunshine Car

2002z28ssconv

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2017 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I generally start the drivers' meeting at 8:30 and we pull out by 9AM. We want all vehicles serviced and with full tanks of fuel before the meeting. The lunch and evening arrival in Asheville with evening dinner is based upon this starting time.

Where in N. Georgia will you be coming from?

South of Helen
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2017 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There's not a very direct route from Helen. Coming out of Cleveland, you could take 115 over to 17 in Clarkesville then 385 from Clarkesville to US 441 North. Probably the fastest way. Except for the area around Tallulah Falls, you can run about 65. Don't go more than 5 over in Tallulah Falls.

We will assemble at the Ingles Supermarket shopping center behind the BP.

Ingles Markets

176 US-441, Clayton, GA 30525
ron768

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2017 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ron768Send a Private Message to ron768Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I made my reservations today. Asheville was no problem. Actually got a rate under the quoted rate . Clayton was another story. They had to call me back after checking with management for the room rate. I was told to let everyone know that it would be good if you are going to go ahead and make your reservations SOON.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2017 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you are planning to attend and want to take advantage of the group rates at the Asheville hotel, you have until tomorrow before the rates expire.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2017 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierofool

12810 posts
Member since Jan 2002
Help support this event by ordering your event Tshirt. Sizes from Small Youth through 3xLarge Adult.
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2017 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ron768:

I made my reservations today. Asheville was no problem. Actually got a rate under the quoted rate . Clayton was another story. They had to call me back after checking with management for the room rate. I was told to let everyone know that it would be good if you are going to go ahead and make your reservations SOON.

i had no trouble with Clayton. Even got a King room at the same rate.

We used Expedia for Asheville, since the 800 number was busy. (Second number said "closed".) Got $101 for Saturday night and Sunday night. (We're staying an extra day, and hanging out.)
Actually was $130 for Saturday, and ~$72 for Sunday night, but we still made out decently, since Tammy has all sorts of E-bate credits and stuff from her online business dealings, that could be applied against those rates.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2017 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another bump to remind everyone to get their Tshirt ordered. September 8 is the deadline. Don't count on "There's Always Next Year" to do it.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2017 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone who has decided at the last minute to attend and doesn't have reservations, one of our members will have to cancel due to his Mother's hospitalization. If you'd like to purchase his rooms from him, contact me and I'll put you in touch.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2017 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hurricane Irma has been in the forefront of the news and the latest forecast is that it may track up through central or west Georgia. It's predicted to be out of the state by Tuesday. We've had a goodly number of people asking about contingency plans.

The latest prediction for the NE Georgia, to Asheville area is that there's only about a 20 % chance of rain and mostly sunny weather. If it happens that there's any storm damage along our route requiring detours, we will be able to get you around most anything. Using the GPS addresses that I've put into the Route Sheet, you can simply detour to the next waypoint.

Run For The Hills 22 will take place as scheduled.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2017 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
👍👍
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2017 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Current forecast for Friday 84. Saturday 86. Sunday 85. Sunny all 3 days.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2017 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I checked road conditions for all the roads included in our route and there were no closures as of today.

Please help support the club and Run For The Hills. These are the items we have for our event raffle.

RFTH 22 Raffle Items

3 Light Sequential Turn Signal Control-New
1 Gray Performance Sound Control
1 Beechwood Performance Sound Control
1 Underdash Performance Sound Wiring Harness
1 VGC Beechwood Auxiliary Gauge Pod with Harness
1 Fiero Blvd Heavy Aluminum Street Sign
1 Hot Wheel Pavement Pounder Car Carrier with Fiero. Unopened
1 American Graffiti 1985 Fiero GT by Motor Max
1 Pair Tyco Slot Cars
1 I Love My Fiero GT Button
1 Gold Fiero Nose Emblem New But Blemished
1 Gold Embroidered Fiero Patch
1 Fiero Parking Only Heavy Steel Sign
1 1:18 Road Collection Fiero GT Unopened
1 88 Pontiac Product Book Fleet Edition Ring Binder with inserts. Excellent
1 88 Fiero Owners Manual. 8 of 10 Quality.
1 84 Fiero Owners Manual and Maintenance Schedule. Slight Cover Blemishes
1 Set of 1995 Fiero Store Product Brochures with Price List.
1 Set of 3 Fiero Owner Magazine, First, Second and Third, Fourth Quarter.VGC
1 Fiero Connection Magazine Featuring Mariana Martin’s White Horse. VGC
1 Hot Rod Magazine March ’84 Featuring 140 MPH Fiero. New In Sealed Wrapper
1 Brookland’s Road Test Magazine ’84-88 Fiero. Sealed. Excellent
1 Pontiac Road Cars Magazine, 1988 Edition. Sealed. Excellent
1 Gary Witzenburg Fiero Pontiac’s Mid-Engine Sports Car. Sealed

Gift Certificates From Our Sponsors
Fiero Store 1-$50, 2-$25
Arraut Motorsports 5-$20
Sage Glassworks 1 $50, 2-$25
Rodney Dickman 3-$25

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 09-12-2017).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2017 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2017 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
See y'all there. We'll be late arriving. Had to work a full day today. <grumble>
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock