Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  What is the URL needed to provide PFF an exception to ad blockers?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
What is the URL needed to provide PFF an exception to ad blockers? by maryjane
Started on: 05-07-2017 02:54 PM
Replies: 5 (133 views)
Last post by: jscott1 on 05-07-2017 10:14 PM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2017 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Getting a new computer set up and my Kapersky AV runs an ad blocker.
Is there a single url that I can enter into the exceptions list that will allow ads to visibly run on all sections of PFF?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2017 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
not sure how Kapersky works, but it probably has to have an add in for whatever browser you are using. I am using "AdBlocker Plus" in Firefox. When you are on a page, you can click the icon for AdBlocker in the tool bar, and it has opetions, like, Block all adds on this page, never block ads on this page, allow adds this visit.... ect....

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2017 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sometimes use Windows 'Edge' which is W10 browser and sometimes use Chrome browser. With Kapersky, it provides the firewall for both, so I need to make allowances for PFF ads within Kapersky.

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2017 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just out of curiosity....you are trying to ALLOW ads to run? Most people try to block the annoying ads on websites.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2017 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I only want them to load on selected websites..PFF being one of them.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2017 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Allowing ads won't help unless you also allow Flash to run. I do not allow flash to run unsupervised on my computer. Mainly to stop those annoying autoplay videos, but flash is also full of security risks as well.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock