Interesting gauge pod relocation by Rsvl-Rider
Started on: 04-21-2017 12:54 PM
Replies: 8 (989 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 05-11-2017 08:22 AM
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2017 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've never seen this particular modification before. He took the V6 gauge pod and installed it into the center console stack in a 4 cylinder car. Not a great picture but it looks pretty good there. Not sure I would want to lose the vents although he says the AC works "very good." Seems like it would be easier just to install the proper console with the gauge pod opening at the top, but it does give it a different look I guess.

https://sacramento.craigsli.../cto/6097441319.html

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2017 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They'd fit pretty good, you'd just lose a lot of HVAC efficiency.

I have two gauge pods for sale if anyone is interested.
liv4God

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2017 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm thinking of going the other way on one of my coups. Put the HVAC vents in a spare v6 gauge pod so that I can mount a 10" screen in the standard HVAC and radio location. Since it doesn't have the auxillary gauges already I won't be losing anything.

[This message has been edited by liv4God (edited 04-21-2017).]

1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2017 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interesting ideas.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2017 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sure the a/c works well... in California. Anywhere else, like in Texas you would suffer the loss of those two vents. I would agree it would be better to just get a proper gauge pod rather than do that.
pmbrunelle

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2017 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

I'm sure the a/c works well... in California. Anywhere else, like in Texas you would suffer the loss of those two vents. I would agree it would be better to just get a proper gauge pod rather than do that.

That's funny, I was thinking about the loss in heater effectiveness instead! I don't find AC terribly useful.

On my previous Fiero, I did a similar gauge setup, but I left some small air slots:
http://www.fieromontreal.co...25.msg18053#msg18053

The loss of airflow was noticeable. For me, it wasn't such a big deal (so I kept it), but the airflow reduction was obvious.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2017 02:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pmbrunelle:

That's funny, I was thinking about the loss in heater effectiveness instead! I don't find AC terribly useful.

I've been to Quebec it gets warm up there...at least a little. But what I found most odd was that all over the rest of Canada the signs are in English and French but Quebec good luck finding an English sign. Love the double standard. I had no idea what the signs were telling me I just drove casual and hoped for the best.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2017 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interesting. The ad says 4cyl. Did the 4-cyl '86 come with the AUX gauges and 125MPH instrument cluster?

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2017 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Interesting. The ad says 4cyl. Did the 4-cyl '86 come with the AUX gauges and 125MPH instrument cluster?

Nope.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock