Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Monroe shock sale and rebate through 4/30 - four corners $59.00 total.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Monroe shock sale and rebate through 4/30 - four corners $59.00 total. by fast40driver
Started on: 04-20-2017 10:00 PM
Replies: 19 (613 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 04-23-2017 11:10 AM
fast40driver

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2017 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fast40driverSend a Private Message to fast40driverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just for anyone interested. The shockwarehouse www.shockwarehouse.com has Monroe Sensatrac for $134.12 for all four corners - this is for an '88, shocks and struts, free shipping, and Monroe has a rebate through 4/30 of $75.00 prepaid card, on purchase of 2 shocks and 2 struts - total cost is $59.12 for all four. You might not be that crazy about Monroe, but . . . for the money. Didn't look for earlier model front cost, but should be similar.

Mike
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
hoddy

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2017 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hoddySend a Private Message to hoddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sometimes its a b***h living on the other side of the world.
Wichita

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2017 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Eariler models didn't have that special.

Never mind. I see the rebate form now to print out.

I may do this.

[This message has been edited by Wichita (edited 04-20-2017).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2017 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fast40driver:

Monroe has a rebate... 2 shocks and 2 struts - total cost is $59.12 for all four.

Almost as good as the deal I got 3 1/2 years ago.

Originally posted by Patrick Here:

I bought a set of Sensa-Tracs (two struts and two shocks) a few months ago for my '88 Formula during one of their sales events (discussed HERE).

Price after (cash) rebate... $40

No, not each... for all four of them!

88cryan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2017 02:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88cryanSend a Private Message to 88cryanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rockauto has this deal too, just replaced all 4 on our 88 coupe.
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2017 05:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How are Monroes compared to KYB's for a lowered car?

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2017 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IMO Monroe is one step above Gabriel, both low end.
KYB is better than both IMO. Of course there are many better than that as well.
trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2017 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spadesluck:

I can't compare, as I've not driven/ridden on KYBs, but I have Monroe sens-a-trac on all 4 corners with Eibach springs, happy with the performance for the dollar. KYB are better shocks, but the Monroe's are good for the cruising I do.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2017 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spadesluck:

Keep in mind that Monroe has more than one line of struts and shocks. I've had Monroe Sensa-Tracs on both my lowered '84 duke and '88 Formula for years... and have been quite satisfied with them for daily-driving and for autocross.

liv4God

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2017 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

IMO Monroe is one step above Gabriel, both low end.
KYB is better than both IMO. Of course there are many better than that as well.

I regards to better or worse are we talking about quaility, performance and handling, comfort or a combo of those?

One of my car's handles very well, but is very uncomfortable on bumps (PO put them in and had raced the car) One of my others is really soft and comfortable, but in turns its pretty bad, so I'm thinking to replace both cars if I can find a medium ground betweem the two.
Would these be a good choice for that? I know next to nothing on shocks and suspension set up, so there could be other factors that are affecting the ride and handling of my cars.
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2017 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have Sensa-Trac on two cars. One is lowered and the other not. Very happy with the ride on both
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2017 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have Sensa-Tracs on both of my 88s. Both moderately lowered. I'm quite happy with the ride and the handling.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 04-22-2017).]

railshot

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2017 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am about to click on the order button and started to wonder if I should get strut mounts also?

Opinions?

This is for a Colorado born and raised '88 GT with around 83,000 miles.

Thanks in advance, and I will hold off ordering until I get some feedback.......
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2017 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you talking about the plates with the rubber bushings? I reused mine. (Actually flipped them, when I lowered the car.)
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2017 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Are you talking about the plates with the rubber bushings? I reused mine. (Actually flipped them, when I lowered the car.)

yup, these guys.....

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2017 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by railshot:

I am about to click on the order button and started to wonder if I should get strut mounts also?

Has the rubber deteriorated on the existing strut mounts? If not, don't bother.

I did the same as Raydar and flipped the rear mounts on both of my lowered Fieros.
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2017 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys,
I don't have it yet, so I am not sure how the rubber is, so guess I will wait to order until then.
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2017 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for the feedback guys.

Raydar, that car looks to be more than "moderately" lowered. I understand you are in a turn and all though. Nice pic.
88cryan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2017 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88cryanSend a Private Message to 88cryanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks guys,
I don't have it yet, so I am not sure how the rubber is, so guess I will wait to order until then.

Your mounts should be fine, unlike FWD cars they are stationary and don't move. I've replaced struts on Fieros that have sat in poor conditions for many years and fieros that have been been daily driven and I haven't seen a bad one yet. One thing I would definitely order is the bellow kits as I have found these in poor shape nearly every time. The kit includes a new bump stop too.

MONROE 63620
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2017 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks guys,

My 152K mile coupe came from the desert southwest. The mounts were still fine.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock