Project vehicle insurance by painandgain99
Started on: 04-17-2017 02:54 PM
Replies: 8 (204 views)
Last post by: jscott1 on 04-18-2017 08:38 PM
painandgain99

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2017 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for painandgain99Send a Private Message to painandgain99Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some time back i remember someone on here telling me they had an insurance policy that pretty much only covered a car going to and from car shows and it was fairly inexpensive? With my age and small record ive gotten in the fiero, farmers want like 150$ a month. This summer the car will only be for car shows. Was wondering if anyone knew an insurance company with plans like the one described
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Larryinkc

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2017 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LarryinkcSend a Private Message to LarryinkcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Classic car insurance will cost much less but there are mileage and use limitations, Farmers probably has that type of coverage.
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2017 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try Grundy @ www.grundyworldwide.com Agreed Value so you must have pictures of the vehicle and it must be garaged. My car is valued at $14,500 and the yearly rate is under $300.00
Kevin87FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2017 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$8000 agreed value. Collector car insurance. Garaged. No mile limits. Towing, Gas/Lockout etc. coverage. You choose coverage amounts. Approx. $150/yr for what we have. JC Taylor Ins. http://www.jctaylor.com

* only claim I've had was a stone chip on windshield, was no problem.

[This message has been edited by Kevin87FieroGT (edited 04-17-2017).]

Kevin87FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2017 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kevin87FieroGT

1202 posts
Member since Nov 2010

[This message has been edited by Kevin87FieroGT (edited 04-17-2017).]

Phirewire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2017 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhirewireSend a Private Message to PhirewireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you are a younger age classic car insureance won't be cheap either, you would be better through farmers or such.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2017 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a project car insured with Grundy for $15k for about $250 per year.

Nelson
painandgain99

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2017 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for painandgain99Send a Private Message to painandgain99Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for all the input guys. Ill see about those companies. I may see if my dad will insure it under his name and ill just pay him.. i believe insurance follows the car not the driver
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2017 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by painandgain99:

.. i believe insurance follows the car not the driver

Actually it's both. Whichever one benefits the insurance company at the time.

They consider the car as to how much coverage you need to repair collision damage done to your car. That follows the car. But for liability they look not only at how much damage the car can cause but who is driving it. That follows the driver.

Most classic and collector policies are not going to want to insure anyone under 25. Not sure if that includes you are not. If your Dad doesn't list you as a driver and you are under 25 could be trouble if you get into a wreck.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock