Anyone buy parts for cores? by boysatt
Started on: 04-13-2017 04:38 PM
Replies: 6 (275 views)
Last post by: FieroStore on 04-27-2017 11:19 AM
boysatt

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2017 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boysattSend a Private Message to boysattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm going through my shed of fiero parts. Just wondering if anything is worth a core value to anyone. I have 84-88 calipers, distributors, headlight motors, steering racks, and so much more. Fiero store hasn't answered my emails, so just wondering.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2017 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think you could sell non-functional parts in the MALL and make a little money. 88 steering racks and calipers would sell I think.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2017 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess it probably depends on price and condition.
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2017 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by boysatt:

Fiero store hasn't answered my emails, so just wondering.

Its been a few years, but some time ago they sent out emails looking to buy cores from customers. I don't remember if they were offering cash, or store credit.

If you can get the parts for free, it might make sense to accumulate parts to sell as cores. But paying money to buy a core and then paying again to ship it, I doubt you'd come out ahead. Probably far from it.

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2017 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

But paying money to buy a core and then paying again to ship it, I doubt you'd come out ahead. Probably far from it.

I don't think that is the intent.... nobody expects core to be an arbitrage scenario.

But if you already have a part laying around seems like somebody would want the core to be able to rebuild it into a new part. Every now and then folks ask for cores and offer money. Except for a certain big brake booster guy, he expects you to send him a core for free. NOT!

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2017 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's the Fiero Store email (dated more than 1 year ago now). The "more info" link doesn't go anywhere, anymore - but I would probably suggest contacting them directly to see if they still want/need cores.

More cores means more refurbished parts for the rest of us down the road!

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

FieroStore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2017 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroStoreClick Here to visit FieroStore's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroStoreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by boysatt:

I'm going through my shed of fiero parts. Just wondering if anything is worth a core value to anyone. I have 84-88 calipers, distributors, headlight motors, steering racks, and so much more. Fiero store hasn't answered my emails, so just wondering.

Yes, we are still offering store credit for 88 rear calipers and 87-88 headlight motors.....and we respond to all emails that we receive, usually within 1-2 business days.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock