Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Why do people post items for sale and then never respond?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Why do people post items for sale and then never respond? by jjd2296
Started on: 04-03-2017 07:35 AM
Replies: 21 (430 views)
Last post by: PARAD0X on 04-05-2017 06:32 PM
jjd2296

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2017 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can someone tell my why people post items for sale then never respond to texts or emails? I know that when I post something for sale I set the notification for my pms so that I respond promply.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post04-03-2017 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Many forget...
I have changed emails. and forgot to change it here..
So when I'd get a pm it try to send a note to the old email address not in use/dead..
I posted a for sale on another forum.. of another car.. a chevelle it's been gone since 2011, I still get calls/text about it. if I still have it .lol
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2017 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Honest answer......because you are in Canada and it is easier to ignore a post than try to go and figure out shipping to get a part in your direction. Some people just don't want to ship out of the U.S.

Now thats just what I think.....your results may vary

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 04-03-2017).]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2017 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Depends on what was said by the interested party. I usually respond.
But if someone starts out with "I'll give you X$" and that's half what I'm asking. I probly wont respond.
If they start out with "Do you ever get over in the Des Moinses area" I probly wont respond.
I do respond to, "do you still have X for sale" even though the statement is kind of a waste of a text.
jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2017 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have never been rejected a part because I live in Canada. shipping is no different then domestic within US. just go to USPS and ship international to Canada, ask for tracking, say its a gift and your off to the races. I also have never low balled or asked a ridiculous question either. I think some people just post and forget!

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2017 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jjd2296:

I have never been rejected a part because I live in Canada. shipping is no different then domestic within US. just go to USPS and ship international to Canada, ask for tracking, say its a gift and your off to the races. I also have never low balled or asked a ridiculous question either. I think some people just post and forget!

I see posts around here that say do not email, they are old school and only want phone calls. Could be that, and they forgot to mention it.
I'm the opposite Id rather folks just text.
I get the message, when I want to, and respond when I want to, maybe even with pics.
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2017 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Very true...

fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2017 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierogt28

2937 posts
Member since Feb 2005
I guess some people aren't interested in selling...
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-04-2017 03:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, b u d d y

It is very different than shipping to the lower 48 states..
Marking gift.. the person on the other end that you shipped it gift.. have screwed those that shipped the parts.. Been there done that.. Most are honest. but a few are not and once you get hit by one of them, you have no interest to have it happen again..
jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2017 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No idea what your talking about. Regardless if you mark gift or not the receiver always run the risk of paying duty. It's my risk not yours
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-04-2017 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No idea what your talking about. Regardless if you mark gift or not the receiver always run the risk of paying duty. It's my risk not yours

And when you claim to p/p you never got it.. my post had zero to do with crossing boarder fees/duties/taxes..

They tend to be slick.. pay the p/p with the buying an item not the "gift" payment option..
then ask you to mail it as a gift..
Then tell p/p they never got it..
been there done that..
as they say fool me once___________________ fool me twice, well

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 04-04-2017).]

PFF
System Bot
jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2017 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

Sorry, b u d d y
It is very different than shipping to the lower 48 states..
Marking gift.. the person on the other end that you shipped it gift.. have screwed those that shipped the parts.. Been there done that.. Most are honest. but a few are not and once you get hit by one of them, you have no interest to have it happen again..

doesn't say that in your post, I was never referring to pp thnx
jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2017 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jjd2296

1411 posts
Member since Jan 2016
I cant believe people would do that, well I know I never would. I cant see pp reimbursing on that anyway especially if the seller can prove it was delivered. your scenario seems almost as far fetched as slams lenses!!!
Quad GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2017 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is what I use
Can have anything shipped there
tires,tramsmission,motors you name it
Once have a few items shipped there I go and pick them up

http://www.cbiusa.com/
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-04-2017 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I cant believe people would do that, well I know I never would. I cant see pp reimbursing on that anyway especially if the seller can prove it was delivered. your scenario seems almost as far fetched as slams lenses!!!

Really slammed lenses..

You can't prove it was delivered.. when you mail it USPS. other than it crossed the boarder..
Been doing business and shipping receiving a long time.. (since 1998)
What you THINK isn't reality ..
And if I'm shipping it UPS/fedx.. I'm not shipping it as a "gift" as that option (ups/fedx)cost me a ton more..

jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2017 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

Really slammed lenses..

You can't prove it was delivered.. when you mail it USPS. other than it crossed the boarder..
Been doing business and shipping receiving a long time.. (since 1998)
What you THINK isn't reality ..
And if I'm shipping it UPS/fedx.. I'm not shipping it as a "gift" as that option (ups/fedx)cost me a ton more..

your wrong yet again! Take the USPS shipping number and enter it into the Canada post tracking website and bingo, status of package is provided. It must be a few year since you shipped to Canada last!!

[This message has been edited by jjd2296 (edited 04-04-2017).]

jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2017 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jjd2296

1411 posts
Member since Jan 2016
lets just end the conversation there because I I wanted to deal with bitching and arguing I would just sit and talk with my wife!! I was looking for a constructive conversation not a destructive one!
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-04-2017 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

your wrong yet again! Take the USPS shipping number and enter it into the Canada post tracking website and bingo, status of package is provided. It must be a few year since you shipped to Canada last!!

now try to put in a claim or get proof of it delivered.. other than they claim it was..
no sig.. sorry.. again, I'm correct.. go try to use they claim it was delivered but have no gps proof or a customer sig. and see who p/p sides with..
Again been there done that..
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-04-2017 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

E.Furgal

11708 posts
Member since Mar 2012

lets just end the conversation there because I I wanted to deal with bitching and arguing I would just sit and talk with my wife!! I was looking for a constructive conversation not a destructive one!

Ya would not want a person that lost 2500.00 in parts to effect your need to be correct..

dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post04-04-2017 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shipping isn't a problem, but some people are too dumb/lazy to do it right. I've shipped and received things all over the world, even large car parts. Do it right, no problem. Pay the extra dollar or whatever it is to require a signature, and declare proper value for insurance in case it is lost. Heck, you can even mark an item as shipped in PayPal and add the tracking number right there.

Stop trying to be clever and screw the system with nonsense like claiming something was only a dollar, is a gift, or whatever. Do it right and it works fine most every time; and the times it doesn't you can at least claim the insurance for lost package.

But IMSA is right, sometimes people just don't want to deal with it, and will just ignore you. I've rarely had someone not respond when I was looking to buy something though, and it's rare that I didn't respond when selling something (and then usually because they would try to offer way less than what the parts were worth).
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2017 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I won't say that I've never failed to reply, because I guiltily checked a posting after this thread was started.

I've had terrible luck shipping to/from Canada. I will never ship to Canada again. One seller on here has been able to send to me from Canada, no problem. Another seller on this forum, nothing but problems, never got anything. A separate vendor in Canada claimed several times to have shipped. Never crossed the border. The vendor dropped the product and refunded my money.

I have also tried shipping to Canada. What a nightmare. Endless tracking. Calls to people who can't speak English. The shippers there never return calls. I can prove the package crossed the border, but it takes weeks to track down. If I was going to ship to Canada, I'd require $1,000US as a money order non-refundable up front, on top of the shipping charge and product. It just isn't worth it. I can more easily ship to Germany. Even Malaysia (where customs employees keep what they want and packages show up a year later) is easier. Shipping to Canada just isn't worth the hassle.
PFF
System Bot
PARAD0X

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2017 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PARAD0XSend a Private Message to PARAD0XEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Same reason they don't update the thread when they sell their item...? I'm chalking it up to ADD.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock