Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  July 29 2017 - Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
July 29 2017 - Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show! by 2.5
Started on: 03-29-2017 08:32 AM
Replies: 35 (1077 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 08-01-2017 09:40 PM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2017 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You're invited!

You can pre purchase your tickets for parking at the show, T Shirts, the Fiero Feast at the Shipman's, even sponsor or donate here at this link:
https://www.eventbrite.com/...-tickets-34177551978

More info to come.

Check us out on Facebook and our website:

https://www.facebook.com/ty...pmanmemorialcarshow/

http://www.tylershipmanmemorialcarshow.com/

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 07-13-2017).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2017 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A few random pics from last year...

We cruised out to eat at a place by the lake.

BTR was there and brought a few cars.

Just a few of the Fieros in a line.

***edit****Sorry photobucket killed linking. See other pics below.

css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2017 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Same weekend as Turkey Days!

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by css9450 (edited 03-29-2017).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2017 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Speaking of BTR being at last years show. They also made this sweet video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrA9yg1jUnA

The Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show is accepting sponsors for this year's show.

Sponsor levels start at just $50 and have been as high as $500.
Anyone willing to sponsor gets their name or company on our T shirts!
There will be a cut off date.
Please contact Daneele Shipman or post here!

Thanks!

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 03-29-2017).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2017 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43224 posts
Member since May 2007

Originally posted by css9450:

Same weekend as Turkey Days!

You bet, its Frazee's Turkey Days Festival, so there are all kinds of fun things going on, and also...just a couple hundred feet from the show....fair food.
boysatt

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2017 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for boysattSend a Private Message to boysattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be there with my pink t-top Fiero. This will be my last Fiero show before I move away.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2017 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be there, as I have every year! I am coming from Florida, so no excuses on how far the show is from you

1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2017 06:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope to make it this year also.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post04-03-2017 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

I will be there, as I have every year! I am coming from Florida, so no excuses on how far the show is from you

Ya there is . many only get so much time off.. and july is powertour.. for many..
Many still have job's.. lol
I could not make it anyways.. nor the powertour this year..
Vaca time is booked for helping others this year.. This job thing keeps getting in the way, but I never can get those lotto numbers correct.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2017 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1984whitesc:

I hope to make it this year also.

Car running good 1984whitesc?

and
Boysatt & John WPB

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 04-03-2017).]

1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2017 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Car running good 1984whitesc?

I believe I have solved the issues with it stalling and bucking. I took it on a two hour trip and had not one problem ( quick, knock on some wood). Now if I can just work out a way to get some time off from work, which will prove to me difficult.
PFF
System Bot
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2017 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I talked to a customer several weeks ago in MN about the show. She was surprised when I mentioned Detroit Lakes area. I told her about the fantastic car show. She was aware of Turkey Days Festival but not the car show.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2017 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

I talked to a customer several weeks ago in MN about the show. She was surprised when I mentioned Detroit Lakes area. I told her about the fantastic car show. She was aware of Turkey Days Festival but not the car show.

Maybe she hasn't been there for a while Its hard to miss if you are there Saturday, or all the Fieros in the parade on Sunday.
Midwest Fiero Clubs

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2017 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Midwest Fiero ClubsClick Here to visit Midwest Fiero Clubs's HomePageSend a Private Message to Midwest Fiero ClubsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Each year the Midwest Fiero Clubs traditionally chooses a Model Year and Trim level to honor.
For 2017 we are doing something a little different.
At each MWFC member show the Fiero with the "Best representing interpretation of a custom interior" will be chosen and given a special award.
All winners are then invited to the Northern Illinois Fiero Enthusiasts' Fierorama Weekend where they will compete to be crowned the Best Custom Interior.
You can bring your Fiero with a custom interior to the Tyler Shipman Memorial Carshow to compete!

http://www.tylershipmanmemorialcarshow.com/

http://midwestfieroclubs.com/
https://www.facebook.com/midwestfieroclubs

[This message has been edited by Midwest Fiero Clubs (edited 04-20-2017).]

nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2017 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Maybe she hasn't been there for a while Its hard to miss if you are there Saturday, or all the Fieros in the parade on Sunday.

she would have definitely have not been there for many years. our car show literally takes up the entire downtown the whole day of saturday. You can't even drive through town without seeing it
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2017 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nellieship

479 posts
Member since Nov 2009
Hi everyone,

I am doing some double duty this summer as car show coordinator and pageant mom. If you hadn't heard Cassie won Miss Frazee Outstanding Teen last summer and will be heading to Minneapolis to compete for Miss Minnesota Outstanding Teen in June. I didn't honestly think she had a chance until we got there for orientation and...well... I am a little partial but I do think my girl is pretty exceptional. Her platform is Alex's Lemonade Stand - curing childhood cancer one cup at time. We will be having a lemonade stand at the car show this year run by a few of our very own Fiero peeps named by Cassie as her "Lemon Aides."

I am trying to bring myself up out of the dark ages just a tish and offering a way to register and buy shirts online using eventbrite thanks to my MFF counterparts inspiration. You can us the link below to register your car, purchase your shirt, donate for the Fiero feast food for Friday at our house (turkey is on the menu again this year). Tshirt design is still in teh works but we have never been disappointed yet I'll get that out as soon as I have it. Looking forward to a great summer. Camp Shipman is free for the asking - first come first serve. I don't really care when you come - just know the early in th week you show up I just may give you a few chores to do! Hope to see you in July!!

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2017 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nellieship:

If you hadn't heard Cassie won Miss Frazee Outstanding Teen last summer and will be heading to Minneapolis to compete for Miss Minnesota Outstanding Teen in June.

A lot of us reading this, were there to support her the night she won Don't forget, one of the event coordinators from last year, I can not remember a name, told me to remind you that Cassie gets many more "VIP seat" tickets this year, compared to last year, as she is now reigning.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2017 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any newbies planning to attend this year? Maybe 2nd timers?
We get a few newbies each year

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2017 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nellieship:

I am trying to bring myself up out of the dark ages just a tish and offering a way to register and buy shirts online using eventbrite thanks to my MFF counterparts inspiration. You can us the link below to register your car, purchase your shirt, donate for the Fiero feast food for Friday at our house (turkey is on the menu again this year). Tshirt design is still in teh works but we have never been disappointed yet I'll get that out as soon as I have it. Looking forward to a great summer. Camp Shipman is free for the asking - first come first serve. I don't really care when you come - just know the early in the week you show up I just may give you a few chores to do! Hope to see you in July!!

I'm all registered up, T shirt ordered
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2017 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From 2014:

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2017 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's Official! Just purchased my plane tickets. Will get into MSP on Tuesday morning, hang out a few days and join the Thursday caravan to head north! So looking forward to seeing everyone!
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2017 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 07-06-2017).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2017 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Its not just a Fiero show

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 07-06-2017).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2017 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RossT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2017 05:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RossTClick Here to visit RossT's HomePageSend a Private Message to RossTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So is there a caravan of fieros leaving the twin cities for the show? Just curious as I am in town for a concert (Roger Water/ Pink Floyd) and will be heading back on I-94.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2017 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RossT:

So is there a caravan of fieros leaving the twin cities for the show? Just curious as I am in town for a concert (Roger Water/ Pink Floyd) and will be heading back on I-94.

I'm not sure who may be coming on on the 29th directly for show day, but each year there is a group of Fieros arriving at Camp Shipman on Thursday, and a Group arriving Friday.

However we usually take Hwy 10 for much of the trip which is just north of 94...

Thanks for bringing it up!

Who is caravanning in on Thursday or Friday? Lets get connected

Previous years he have had an approx 10:30 am Depart from Elk River for the Thursday Caravan.
The usual gas station meeting point. Just an idea.

Shell Station
610 Proctor Ave NW
Elk River, MN 55330

Lunch stop on the way to Frazee from there.

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2017 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be riding with 1984WhiteSE (Andrew) with the Thursday caravan. If anyone is in the cities and wants to get together from dinner on Wednesday night, let me know. PM or email me for my cell number.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2017 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just a few more days!
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2017 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My journey starts at 6:45 am at Miami International. I am headed to MSP Where Andrew is picking me up at the airport. We will spend Tue and Wed in the cities and surrounding area exploring. I can't wait to meet up with everyone on Thursday to head up to spend an amazing weekend with my extended family!

When I met Stuart from Texas, we instantly became friends. I rode up with him for the build, the 1st & 2nd Memorial Car Show.
The running joke was, when I would see hay anywhere in a field, I would say "Hey!" like I saw something really interesting, and then point to it. He would fall for it (With a sarcastic smile) EVERY time.

Here is one of my favorite pictures (panoramic) I took during the 3rd annual trip from MSP to Frazee.

H E Y ! ! ! ! !
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2017 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No rearview mirror?

The driver looks like a nut. A Fiero nut. Be careful with those people. They usually have Fieros.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2017 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

No rearview mirror?

The driver looks like a nut. A Fiero nut. Be careful with those people. They usually have Fieros.

The driver is Stuart Lowery from Dallas Texas, AKA DIY_Stu. The guy that made the better than factory Dew wipe rplacements for many years......

PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2017 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hope to see Stu back at Camp Shipman someday
boysatt

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2017 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boysattSend a Private Message to boysattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What time do the fiero's start lining up for the car show so I can get out them in time? I live in Fargo, so will drive a hour out there in the morning.
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2017 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any time after 8 shoud be good.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2017 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another amazing weekend!
We had great weather for the show too.
My AC compressor went out but it was an old one we tried to give another go so I guess I'm not surprised, luckily it was only low 80s out on my drive home.

Some pics will be posted via PIP but I don't know how soon. If anyone has pics please post some.

There are some pics here if you are on facebook:

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2017 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43224 posts
Member since May 2007
Here is a little sampling

Some of the cars waiting to be in the parade Sunday

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay