Looking for way to get in touch with Mera owners by gordreeve
Started on: 03-28-2017 12:57 PM
Replies: 7 (255 views)
Last post by: hnthomps on 03-29-2017 07:10 PM
gordreeve

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2017 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gordreeveSend a Private Message to gordreeveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 17 year old grandson bought a Mera. And yes it is the real thing. We do not have the panel between the trunk and rear of car. Looking for pictures and information of how we can make one as close to original as possible. Believe is aluminum with vinyl cover.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2017 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a mera body, what exactly do you need and I'll see if i can get you pics, it looks like it would be fairly easy to build. aluminum slats and some powdercoat.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2017 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gordreeve:

My 17 year old grandson bought a Mera. And yes it is the real thing. We do not have the panel between the trunk and rear of car. Looking for pictures and information of how we can make one as close to original as possible. Believe is aluminum with vinyl cover.

You are correct that it is an aluminum panel with a vinyl covering. There are screw attachment points that you will need to match but it should not be too hard. BTW, what is the Mera build number (generally located on the rear decklid driver's side) and what year is the car?

Nelson
Drewbdo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2017 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrewbdoSend a Private Message to DrewbdoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

I have a mera body, what exactly do you need and I'll see if i can get you pics, it looks like it would be fairly easy to build. aluminum slats and some powdercoat.

I'd like to see this as well. I don't have a MERA, but I have another Fiero rebody, and have been thinking of doing this for the rear lid.

Are the slats welded in, or riveted, to build the panel? I look forward to your photo.

Also, congrats to the OP's grandson on obtaining a really cool, rare piece of automotive history!
FIERO JOHN-WI

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2017 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe Rodney Dickman would be a good place to start. Just a idea.
Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2017 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I made a tracing of that aluminum cover several years back and yes it is covered with black vinyl. Will be very easy to duplicate. Check for that Mera build sticker on the back side of your rear hatch so we can authenticate your car!

Dana
Mera # 8151

[This message has been edited by Fieromaineac (edited 03-29-2017).]

Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2017 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On my 88 Mera I added steel bars that go from the trunk to the rear. I then used 1/8" thick sheet aluminum and made a new one using the OEM Mera one as a pattern to trace around. I did this so I could have a very strong cover that does not distort when pressed on. One can almost stand on it. I saved my old OEM Mera aluminum piece. Sat in my scrap aluminum sheet pile for many years. Given a need I would have cut it up for a project. A few years ago a Mera owner also needed one. I sold it to him. But if Dana can supply you with a tracing it is easy to make. I think it is .100" thick aluminum. A jig saw works. Better is a band saw. When installed it is not all that strong. So don't put a lot of weight on it.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

Fiero Parts And Acc's Web Page:
All new web page!:www.rodneydickman.com
Rodney Dickman's Fiero accessories
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2017 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fieromaineac:

I made a tracing of that aluminum cover several years back and yes it is covered with black vinyl. Will be very easy to duplicate. Check for that Mera build sticker on the back side of your rear hatch so we can authenticate your car!

Dana
Mera # 8151

I have seen photos of the car as well as the Mera build number and it certainly appears authentic to me. I do not want to spoil the new owner's thunder but it is an 87 Mera painted bright yellow and has T-Tops.

Nelson

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock