Question regarding skirts? by Fiero Vampire
Started on: 03-24-2017 10:22 PM
Replies: 10 (472 views)
Last post by: RayOtton on 04-03-2017 09:28 AM
Fiero Vampire

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2017 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been thinking about adding some rubber skirts on my Formula attaching them where the bottom rocker rivet locations and to the front air Damn, I*'m pretty sure many others have done this, (but couldn't find much when I searched.) I looked on ebay but nothing I found seemed to fit what I wanted. Wondering what you used / how thick should the rubber be to be effective, etc. Pics would be nice. Thanks.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fiero STS

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2017 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero STSSend a Private Message to Fiero STSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like them short (:
TommyRocker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2017 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't even know rubber skirts were a thing.
Fiero Vampire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2017 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lol,I have to agree, I'm thinking 4 inch skirt would look nice on her and my Fiero!
TommyRocker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2017 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't ever seen this but after googling it, is this what you mean?

Fiero Vampire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2017 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Basically for the front yes, but bigger, those are properly only 2 - 2 1/2 inches. I would attach it in front to the air damn and to the metal strip that runs down the side of the car where the side rocker arms rivet to. I assume they need to be stiff enough to hold up against the air pressure but flexable enough to bend with the curve of the front and survive if they hit the ground during a bump.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2017 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just for looks, right?
robert1234

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2017 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for robert1234Send a Private Message to robert1234Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh yeah..... I like those skirts !

I thought those on front were called Chins now ?

Fiero Vampire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2017 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would say semi-functional and a little for looks, I doubt most aero mods help much at normal Highway speeds anyways but I thinking it couldn't hurt.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2017 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The racers seem to like using thin sheet plastic for skirting. You can get that at some of the racing parts vendors. But I'm frugal, so I get sheets of plastic from McMaster-Carr industrial supply, and cut them to size.

On my Fiero's custom front end, I'm using a skirt made from 1/16" thick ABS plastic. If the skirt gets scraped-up or broken, I just cut another strip of plastic and tack it on. It also keeps the custom fiberglass work from getting torn up. I attached it using machine screws with nylock nuts. But you could probably get away with self-tapping screws.

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 04-02-2017).]

RayOtton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2017 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used that garden trim stuff you buy in rolls at Home Depot on my '89 Mustang. Looked good and stood up well.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock