Your I Don't Want to Sell it Price? by wgpierce
Started on: 03-17-2017 12:54 AM
Replies: 24 (688 views)
Last post by: pontiackid86 on 03-25-2017 02:00 PM
wgpierce

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2017 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wgpierceSend a Private Message to wgpierceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Always on the lookout for other things, ran across this one. What do you think??

$22.995
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2017 05:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's pretty.
But my "I don't want to sell it" price is only about half that. $12K.

------------------
Raydar
88 Formula IMSA Fastback. 4.9, NVG T550

Praise the Lowered!

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2017 06:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My "I DO want to sell it" price is on $2k.
jjd2296

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2017 06:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That car has been for sale for a while there. They get fiero since and a while and try and sell them for 15 to 25!
TommyRocker

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2017 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine would be about $300.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2017 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That may be more like "I am looking for a fool!" price. I would sell my last MERA project (with a functional fuel injected 383) for that price (provided I do not have to do anything else on it).

Nelson
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2017 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
But it has 2 sets of "original keys"
That has to be worth a few thousand.
They might be onto something though.
It is in good company.
When someone goes in to buy a 250000 Lambo or Ferrari.
Buying a 22000 "exotic" for his kid isn`t too expensive.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 03-17-2017).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2017 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As P. T. Barnum supposedly said...

There's a sucker born every minute.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2017 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Your I Don't Want to Sell it Price?

Do you mean intentionally pricing the car so high that it won't sell? Like the saying goes, everyone has a price. For example, I have no plans to sell my Fiero anytime soon. But if someone threw enough money at me, that would change my mind.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2017 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is a very nice Fiero, but people willing to spend 23K on a Fiero are probably not looking for a low mile/great condition 1985 model.
Spektrum-87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2017 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Spektrum-87GTSend a Private Message to Spektrum-87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

That is a very nice Fiero, but people willing to spend 23K on a Fiero are probably not looking for a low mile/great condition 1985 model.

This. I could see an 88 GT in the mileage/condition going for 23k, but an 85 GT? Not a chance.

Didn't a brand new barnyard find 88 GT go for 24k in the past couple years? Or is my memory already starting to fail?

Seems to be a common theme among Fiero owners though. Check out this "just needs a little work" 180k mile 87 Fiero GT:

https://norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/6045442384.html

[This message has been edited by Spektrum-87GT (edited 03-17-2017).]

PFF
System Bot
wgpierce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2017 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wgpierceSend a Private Message to wgpierceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

Do you mean intentionally pricing the car so high that it won't sell? Like the saying goes, everyone has a price. For example, I have no plans to sell my Fiero anytime soon. But if someone threw enough money at me, that would change my mind.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Either they are high, or they don't want to sell it Or, just looking for the sucker.

Napoleon_Tanerite

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2017 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wouldn't take less than $30k for mine, and I think the buyer would STILL be getting a deal with what I have done to it.

[This message has been edited by Napoleon_Tanerite (edited 03-19-2017).]

Spektrum-87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2017 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Spektrum-87GTSend a Private Message to Spektrum-87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Napoleon_Tanerite:

I wouldn't take less than $30k for mine, and I think the buyer would STILL be getting a deal with what I have done to it.

Ferrari/Diablo replica? Those are the only Fieros catching over 30k these days. Even then, with the lack of available parts for repair(mainly glass), even those prices are falling.

Only Fieros I have seen catch over 20k were highly desirable models with <1k miles.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2017 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have seen a couple of Meras that sold for more than $20k but they are far and few between. Most of mine have had a lot of work done and would not be for sale at less than $25k+.

Nelson
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2017 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$2500 $2000 $1500
canfirst

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2017 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for canfirstSend a Private Message to canfirstEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This pristine 1985 Fiero GT was listed for sale by the son of the elderly original Owner on eBay in 2011 and I was the winning bidder at $7,000 USD. The listing stated it had cruise control, but after examining the photo's I noticed it did not have cruise control so the Owner agreed to reduce the price to $6,500 USD. In my discussions with the son he noted his father never trusted Dealerships and never had the recall work done to the Fiero. When looking at the photo's it was obvious because it still had the old design rubber air intake boot.

The Fiero also didn't have power mirrors and the floor mats that came with it were original red floor mats from a 1984 Fiero Indy which are quite rare to find. The Owner never removed the original window sticker and rarely drove the Fiero, it was (and still is) in mint condition. We ended up mutually agreeing to cancel the purchase for these reasons. I often regret not completing the purchase, but my major concern was it not having the recall work done and I doubt General Motors would perform the recall 26 years later.

The Fiero was listed again on eBay and I think it ended up selling for $6,800. Whoever won the auction sold the red Indy floor mats and installed aftermarket grey mats. The Fiero is now for sale by a Dealership trying to make a substantial profit. Good luck to them.
jjd2296

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2017 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FYI the recall I s still available for sale on the GM parts site. You should have bought it!
USMUCL

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2017 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USMUCLSend a Private Message to USMUCLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The recall was never done on mine - I think it makes it more valuable cause the dealers did such hack jobs with the recalls.

Personally, my favorite body style is he aero/notchback like the 85 GT. But I really like the center gauge pod that started in 86.

So I waited and bought an 86 SE V6 with 9970 miles. All rubber was good, including the original tires and dew wipes. I paid $7500, which I think was reasonable in 2017, though not a killer deal. The dealer was originally looking for 10k before dropping the price to 9k. That's when I got it for 7500. No doubt that the fastbacks are more saught after, especially 88s.

Personally, I would NOT hesitate paying $10k for the 85 GT with 1500 miles in 2017. But, I would do so knowing it would need $2k in freshening before I would trust it as a weekend driver - it will need all fluids, filters, tires that aren't 32 years old, a complete tune-up (including ICM, Pick-up coil, etc, depending on how risk averse you are), and likely e-brake cables. Chances are, the fuel sender has gummed up from sitting and the oil pan gasket might need attention. Headliner might need attention, too, as they tend to deteriorate over time.

I learned from my 86 that time hurts gaskets/fluids/electronics even when not driven. Can't expect it is "showroom" even if stored in climate control. But, a little lovin' will get her up to shape quickly vice high mileage cars that tend to have many more surprises.

[This message has been edited by USMUCL (edited 03-20-2017).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2017 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

$2500 $2000 $1500

$1000
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2017 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The recall was done on my 87 GT in October 1990. Outside removing the water diverter, what else was done? The letter I have for the recall only says " will have changes made in their underhood environment" .. " have a manifold deflector installed" (?)
PFF
System Bot
Napoleon_Tanerite

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2017 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spektrum-87GT:

Ferrari/Diablo replica? Those are the only Fieros catching over 30k these days. Even then, with the lack of available parts for repair(mainly glass), even those prices are falling.

Only Fieros I have seen catch over 20k were highly desirable models with <1k miles.

Check out my build thread, but the cliff notes are Arraut slalom/88 cradle swap, 3800SC/F23 drivetrain, custom interior, and an overall great condition build. I also never said I expected someone to actually PAY me 30k for it, just that it would take that much to get me to un-ass my car after all the work and money I put into it.
canfirst

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2017 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for canfirstSend a Private Message to canfirstEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jjd2296:

FYI the recall I s still available for sale on the GM parts site. You should have bought it!

I wonder if General Motors would perform the recall work at no cost 26 years later?

mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2017 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by canfirst:

I wonder if General Motors would perform the recall work at no cost 26 years later?

Doubtful as the parts are no longer readily available. The recall is useless on a low mileage car anyway....it's not like it will ever be heavily driven. But even if it were, nothing catastrophic would happen. Honestly, I wouldn't pass up a Fiero that did not have the recall work done. In fact, I picked up an '88 GT a month or so ago that never had the recall work done. It has 82K miles on it and runs like a champ.....no exhaust leaks or other concerns.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2017 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My IMSA id say around $30,000....

My mera id say $25,000

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock