Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  What would a 88GT in this condition be worth?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
What would a 88GT in this condition be worth? by Spektrum-87GT
Started on: 03-07-2017 06:00 PM
Replies: 6 (285 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 03-09-2017 03:18 PM
Spektrum-87GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2017 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Spektrum-87GTSend a Private Message to Spektrum-87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking to buy an 88 Fiero GT tomorrow

~165k miles
manual
seems to need a ton of work, but the engine is running.

Engine runs and is original.

I'm pretty much planning on either a clutch or a transmission rebuild(transmission will not go into gear).

It's in desperate need of paint, but this isn't too much of a problem because I have access to a booth. The interior is in the condition that you'd expect for the years/mileage. It's going to need new quarter panel plastics and new taillights.

Rough estimate on price? I was thinking ~$1800, depending on overall condition.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2017 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Michigan car? Learn how to check for rust and check before you buy. A GT with bad tail lights and quarter windows is not worth much....esp. if the transmission is questionable. If the frame rails are rotted in the back it is worth scrap rate.

edit: the engine is the easiest thing to fix....

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 03-07-2017).]

Spektrum-87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2017 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Spektrum-87GTSend a Private Message to Spektrum-87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need to update that location. It's a Virginia car.
pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2017 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The most important feature is a lack of rust. This needs to be inspected; the state of origin doesn't mean anything in my book.

Before I read the last sentence of the first post, I was thinking $1500.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2017 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
165K miles in Michigan means the thing is rusty. 165K miles in Virginia means maybe the thing is rusty....but maybe not. Check the cost of good tail lights before you get too excited.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2017 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Even w/o rust, it sounds like an $800 car. Clutch/transmission issue, poor paint, poor interior, probably has other issues too... I would rather spend $4000 and get one that is in better shape.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2017 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$500-$800

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock