Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Where are YOU in the Fiero lifecycle? (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Where are YOU in the Fiero lifecycle? by tshark
Started on: 02-18-2017 11:47 AM
Replies: 82 (1490 views)
Last post by: tshark on 03-03-2017 08:09 AM
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2017 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
since this thread is attracting more people on the way out than on the way in.......................anyone have a non running V8 fastback GT project in the Midwest they want to unload cheap? Never know...............
IP: Logged
Wichita

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2017 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Going from a 4 to a 3.

I've owned six Fiero's in my life, the latest one is the my nicest one I've ever owned and I had for the longest. I bought it from a guy who was the original owner, so I'm number 2.

He garaged it the entire time, but drove it enough, but still under 100k though. Kept it in real good shape. He said he was getting to old to crawl in and out of it, and wanted for it to go to someone who would take care of it. So he sold it to me. That was back in 2005.

I have kept it garaged and under cover all this time. With rarely taking it out for a spin. The only thing I have done is put tint on the windows, rebuild the headlight motors, put in an aftermarket stereo and speaker system and indiglo gauges.

It's in awesome shape, not a single thing wrong with the interior, no rips or dash corners chunked off, exterior is great and no rust on any of the frame or anything.

I experience more of family priorities than doing anything much with the car, but always planning and waiting. What was I waiting for? For EV parts to be good and affordable and I think it is there now.

So I have begun this winter to start to remove all the ICE parts and equipment out of it. My plan is to redo the suspension and convert it to all electric. 144v pack with an AC 3-Phase motor.

That was my plan 10-years ago, but EV conversions where expensive with heavy DC motors, but today, it is much much better wit AC and cheaper Lipo batteries.

It will never be a daily driver. This is my fun car and I plan on keeping it for as long as I physically can.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2017 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As Fiero owners, we need to be cognizant of the fact that we're losing people, and find ways to draw new people.

Roger, do you still have any Fieros?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock