Interesting Dealer Display find!! by da.slyboy
Started on: 02-17-2017 05:15 PM
Replies: 12 (668 views)
Last post by: CoolBlue87GT on 02-26-2017 08:32 PM
da.slyboy

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2017 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for da.slyboySend a Private Message to da.slyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I was at a shop that specializes in the resale of older truck parts (mine is a 67 Chevy), when the owner noticed my Fiero sitting outside. He then directed me to a item in his store that used to be a display at a Pontiac Dealer. It's a sample rear quarter for buyers to touch, poke, tap or hammer to experience the new EnduraFlex panels. I thought it was a great piece of history and is for sale if anyone is interested. My phone was out of space so I only snapped the one for now, but I'll probably be back at that shop again if someone wants better images.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2017 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interesting. It looks like a passenger lower rear quarter panel.
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2017 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey that's pretty cool, had no idea they provided those to dealers back in the day.

Thanks for posting. Does the shop have any plans for it ?

Edit : I didn't see the info above about it being for sale.

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 02-21-2017).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2017 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoolBlue87GT:

Does the shop have any plans for it ?

Originally posted by da.slyboy:

I thought it was a great piece of history and is for sale if anyone is interested.

FIERO JOHN-WI

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2017 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Want it sent pm
87_FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2017 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87_FieroGTSend a Private Message to 87_FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very cool!

------------------

1987 Pontiac Fiero GT, Silver, 5 Speed
2015 Dodge Charger R/T Road & Track

turbo86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2017 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Vaguely remember a similar display at the old Renn Kirby Pontiac downtown Frederck, MD. Went there in '87 or '86 when my dad and I test drove a black '87 coupe (still have a pic). I do remember a salesman handing me a rubber mallet and said, "go ahead and whack away at that fender!" Oh I did!!!

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2017 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet!
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2017 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is kind of cool, but a lot cheaper to make up a little display yourself from an old body panel...depending on what he wants to sell it for.

BTW, Wirthman-Brothers Auto Salvage in Columbus has about a dozen different Fieros in their yard. I seen them all when I got some parts for a project the other day. Most of them looked like most body panels were all there, cant say about mechanicals, I didnt climb around them.
87_FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2017 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87_FieroGTSend a Private Message to 87_FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This awesome piece of Pontiac and Fiero history is coming home to papa. I can't wait!

Big thanks to da.slyboy for this post and info.

------------------

1987 Pontiac Fiero GT, Silver, 5 Speed
2015 Dodge Charger R/T Road & Track

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2017 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Picture link is broken... can someone repost please?
PFF
System Bot
da.slyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2017 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for da.slyboySend a Private Message to da.slyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Picture seems fine for me. I can email what I have if you like.
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2017 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by turbo86se:

Vaguely remember a similar display at the old Renn Kirby Pontiac downtown Frederck, MD. Went there in '87 or '86 when my dad and I test drove a black '87 coupe (still have a pic). I do remember a salesman handing me a rubber mallet and said, "go ahead and whack away at that fender!" Oh I did!!!

I bought my 84 , 85 & 87 Fieros from Renn Kirby Pontiac !!!! I lived in Walkersville MD, which is in Frederick county.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock