interior firewall carpet by kgoodyear
Started on: 02-04-2017 09:51 AM
Replies: 5 (829 views)
Last post by: Fiero_Adam on 02-08-2017 11:14 PM
kgoodyear

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2017 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am just getting started redoing my interior of my 87 fiero. I'm gathering all the components but seem to be running into a problem with the black carpet that goes on the rear firewall. I've had no problem finding the carpet that goes in the pans but no luck on that back wall. Any ideas?

------------------
Goody

The beauty of a solution lies in its simplicity

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Orig88GT-NC

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2017 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Orig88GT-NCSend a Private Message to Orig88GT-NCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try searching for " Automotive Trunk Liner Carpet ". I think its the same material.

Sample Link: Yosemite - Automotive Carpet
Look at the botom of the page at FlexForm Trunk Lining.

edit to fix link

[This message has been edited by Orig88GT-NC (edited 02-04-2017).]

viperine

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2017 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would just paint the existing carpet. Duplicolor makes an interior paint that serves to dye carpets as well. It works really well. Used it on my trunk carpet, happy how it turned out.
FIER086

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2017 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIER086Send a Private Message to FIER086Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I recovered my firewall back panel with vinyl from a local fabric shop. Just staple in place over the factory carpet. NO GLUE. Turned out great and was simple and cheap.

Here is my build thread. It's towards the bottom of the page:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/137108.html

------------------
'87 GT - 5spd, Project Car- 3800SC II: Full Rebuild, VS Cam, 90# Springs, 3.3 pulley, TOG headers, 3.5" CAI, A104's, 180* thermostat, 36lb injectors & SPEC 3+ clutch- 38SP3CL

'86 SE 2m4: my first car at 16- SOLD
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
So now you'd better stop and rebuild all your ruins,
For peace and trust can win the day despite of all your losing

kgoodyear

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2017 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is a perfect! I'm going to go in that direction. You have done a very nice job on your restomod. I too have put a 3800SC in mine and it is a mover and a shaker.
Fiero_Adam

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2017 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_AdamSend a Private Message to Fiero_AdamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I currently have black carpet on my firewall cover. I got it from one of the parts stores years ago. It's that light duty universal carpet. Looks good, but I've been thinking about changing it to vinyl for a while now.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock