Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  bigger brake booster made by sardonyx247 (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
bigger brake booster made by sardonyx247 by 007 fieroman
Started on: 01-22-2017 02:16 PM
Replies: 59 (1280 views)
Last post by: 007 fieroman on 02-09-2017 11:16 AM
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2017 02:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How do I return a core?

Cores can be returned to any O'Reilly Auto Parts location. Be sure to bring the credit or debit card used for the purchase and the paper work that came with the order. A Store Team member will process the credit for your core to your card.

If you are unable to make it to one of our stores, core returns can also be sent, customer paid shipping, directly to oreillyauto.com. We will credit the card used to make the purchase.

Log onto oreillyauto.com, then click on the Return Policy under the Accounts & Orders section at the bottom middle of the page. Simply follow the easy instructions to make the return. There is no set time limit; however it is best to make the return as soon as possible.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 01-26-2017).]

IP: Logged
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2017 02:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jscott1

21676 posts
Member since Dec 2001

Rock Auto
Cores

Some of the parts we sell are remanufactured. These parts are identified in our catalog as "remanufactured" or "reman."

For parts like alternators and master cylinders, the basic body (a complex and expensive metal casting) usually is very durable. But components, like bushings and seals, can wear out and cause the part to fail. Replacing just the worn components can be very cost-effective, helps protect the environment, and produces very reliable results. (Visit Cardone Industries, our primary supplier of remanufactured parts, for more information about remanufacturing.)

Remanufactured parts usually have a core charge. The core charge is a deposit that the manufacturer charges us, and which we pass on to you, to encourage the return of old parts to be remanufactured. You pay the core charge when you place your order. If you return the old part to us, we refund the core charge.

To receive credit, cores (except for complete engines and transmissions) must be returned within six months of the date your order was placed. Complete engine and transmission cores must be returned within 60 days from the date your order is delivered.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 01-26-2017).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2017 03:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jscott1

21676 posts
Member since Dec 2001
I could go on, but most specify no time limit. Those that do generally are 90 days.

sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2017 03:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On the bigger master is would be the opposite, the bigger master would give you a harder pedal with little travel. I have the grand am brakes up front, I don't have the Labaron backs so I can't comment on that. I do agree you want to match flow between the master and slave. The theory is on the bigger master is if the calipers take too much more fluid than the master can supply, you will run out of pedal. With the grand am fronts, Fiero master, no problem, again I can't say about the labaron backs. The braided lines also do add firmness to the pedal, which I also have.

When there was a lot of Fieros in the yard here I had no core for years, only when they got low did I start the core program, as I think every Fiero should have better brakes. I was going to start it a couple years before, but rodney said he was going to make them so I let him, but when he said he wouldn't, I started to offer the service, he gave it up I took his place.

I do the 30 days as that is standard for cores anywhere most places I have delt with, and that is 30 days from when you get it, to having back in the mail, so shipping time doesn't count. People don't have to send it back as that is their option. I don't give bad mall feedback for not sending it back. Even the last couple of pages in my for sale thread I say this service will dwindle without getting them back and I want more Fiero people to have them. Even If I buy the Fiero boosters from junkyards, they want a core too. I have to have something to give back to them or the price jumps.
Maybe "peeling off a $50 dollar bill" is easy for some it is not always easy for others. Get ten at once, out of the blue, not expecting them "peeling off a $500 bill" is even harder. Food for thought.

[This message has been edited by sardonyx247 (edited 01-26-2017).]

sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2017 03:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

sardonyx247

5032 posts
Member since Jun 2003
So most are 90 days, rock auto is 6 months from when order was placed

Your PM to me
"I'm just now getting around to working on my brakes from 6 months ago. Are you still interested in getting the booster core back? I'm interesting in getting my core fee back so maybe this is still possible?"

six months later, you knew then that it might not be possible.

Edit to add: I always return my core in a day or two. I don't/didn't know how other people work on their cars.
2nd edit to add: I just don't think I should get such negativity over 6 moths later, when I had my policy spelled out (btw I haven't edited my first post in years in the for sale thread) if it was 35 days later, 60 days later I could almost understand

[This message has been edited by sardonyx247 (edited 01-26-2017).]

steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2017 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As posted above ----- Our local P&P never charged core until about two years ago. There are a number of reason the core game is so critical to the aftermarket but most of all it's about profit and the potential of profit.
Many Tier1 rebuilders like Cardone (A-1) addressed the core problem on long run production platforms by simply going off-shore and having new products built. They did not charge a core to the warehouse distributor (WD) but did pay the WD if a core was returned in the new box thereby generating re-buildable cores for it's remanufactured line. On long running production platforms cores were being rebuilt multiple time and often to the point where they were simply not re-buildable. AS a WD we charge a core to our pro-customers because we had a solid core tacking and delivery and retrieval system. We the WD benefited on our core return to the re-manufacture. We did not charge walk in on a "new" item because they would have to have a receipt for proof of purchase and most (Like yours truly) were terrible at keeping receipts. Our computer did not track walk-in customers. (Most of our Hispanic cliental did not want to provide ID or address information for some reason)

On older or unique applications where cores were simply impossible to get to have a ready to go item prepared for sale most Tier1 companies instituted a R&R service.

For someone providing a service to a small group of nuts enthusiast core is the lifeblood of the business and that is why I feel badly about the time it is taking me to make my repair and return the core.

It's his business, my and anyone else who make a purchase have the responsibility to read the terms of the sale. I didn't and it's not the manufactures problem that I didn't. My fault, no one else's. He and other providers of parts for our cars have clearly posted return item time frames, minimum purchase amount, requirements for shipping etc..., We can choose to buy or not buy. If we buy and don't meet the minimum for shipping ---- pay the shipping, it's not the fault of the vendor. Miss the core return or new item return time frame, lose the core value and or pay the restocking fee on the new return.

Let's all move on ......

[This message has been edited by steve308 (edited 01-26-2017).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2017 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll move on no problem. I'll just keep my original booster as a spare. Thanks for doing this for the Fiero community.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2017 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I see how this went. Someone makes a thread, and asks for help from the Fiero community to in turn help out a vendor, and thus keep a part available to Fiero owners.

Then another vendor chimes in, to simply advertise a similar part..... That is really low class in my book

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2017 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Competition is a good thing. It gives the customers more than one product to choose from. Plus it keeps the vendors on their toes.

That said, I also think competing vendors should be able to do business without getting nasty with each other. If customers are deciding which product to buy based on the vendor's behavior rather than the products themselves, then the vendors are doing something wrong.
steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2017 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

Let's all move on ......

Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2017 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

I think I see how this went. Someone makes a thread, and asks for help from the Fiero community to in turn help out a vendor, and thus keep a part available to Fiero owners.

Then another vendor chimes in, to simply advertise a similar part..... That is really low class in my book

This all starts with Dave (sardonyx247) finding yet another way to irritate me. Dave posts in a Mera topic knowing I'll be irritated by his post (He probably will lie and says he did not but I know in my heart what is the truth) . Dave posts the Mera is a kit car. Dave hates me (look back and read the middle of this topic) and has been doing this for like 20 years now. I'm getting pretty fed up with it all. So I in turn I find a way to get back at Dave (sardonyx247) and do something to irritate him. This all goes back to the you ripped me off for a dollar Dave thing. Really JohnWPB. This has been discussed multiple times here. Are you dim? You say what I do is low class but you seem to think Dave (sardonyx247) is more than welcome to do that to me for like 20 years over $1? What is your opinion of Dave jabbing me for the last 20 years? All these Dave and I arguments starts with Dave taking yet another jab at me and I find a way to get back at Dave. Dave says I start these fights, I do not. Most everyone else I talk to knows this and agrees with me on this. Why are you again stirring up the pot?? I thought what Steve308 posted ending this bickering in this topic.

Rodney
PFF
System Bot
Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2017 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rodney

4715 posts
Member since Feb 2000
And I'll say this once again. Every time Dave starts this argument thing between us my sales go up significantly. Considering how much Dave hates me I'm surprised he keeps do it knowing my sales increase very time. What a catch 22. Personally I would prefer he just stops doing it. I'm pretty sure this will go on between Dave and I until one of us dies.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

Fiero Parts And Acc's Web Page:
All new web page!:www.rodneydickman.com
Rodney Dickman's Fiero accessories
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2017 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Let's all move on ......

Roger that!

sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2017 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rodney:

Dave posts in a Mera topic
So I in turn I find a way to get back at Dave

Why didn't you just address me in that topic? But instead you go into a whole different topic to retaliate.

What class.

You seem to get irritated when ever ANYONE disagrees with you.

has been doing this for like 20 years now.

The forum is not even 20 years old, guess your not too good at math.

This all goes back to the you ripped me off for a dollar.

I don't know how many times I have to say this, it is all about the way you handled the situation, your arrogance and rudeness to me at the time over it.
(You always leave that part out, I guess your the one stuck on the amount)

sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2017 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

sardonyx247

5032 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Your whole mera post was to rally people to go attack some one else online for you, Just shows your true nature.
steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2017 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Come on .............. Let's move on ..... it's getting beyond childish guys.
sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2017 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Come on .............. Let's move on .....

007 fieroman

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2017 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 007 fieromanSend a Private Message to 007 fieromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did not start this post aiming at anyone , I simply asked people to return their cores . I also did not start this post asking anyone else to advertise their product , that is just wrong all the way around and the kits they both sell are completely different . I can say I bought from sardonyx247 because I did not want to buy items from 3 different vendors and tear apart and void the warranty on the Summit booster Dickman tells you to buy , sardonyx247 sold a more complete kit and you do not have to buy parts from other vendors to build your own booster . I do not know Rodney Dickman and I am not saying he sells a bad product ,but I do think it was rude to jump into this topic for a opportunity to advertise his kit , everyone knows Rodney sells Fiero items , so why advertise on my topic , (if he is so swamped with orders why does he have to advertise on my topic) where I am asking people to return cores to sardonyx247 . I was just trying to keep sardonyx247 from stop offering his service because I think he offers a good product at a fair price and he's not out to make money , he just offers his booster to help out fellow Fiero owner's a solution to braking issues . He is not a big business and does not have money to buy up boosters for stock since he does not know how many he will sell , he simply ask buyers to return their cores and offers $50 back if you return your core within the 30 days . I understand if you want to keep your original in case you want to switch back to the crap factory braking power . I also understand if you bought it for a project car you are working on or a car you are driving daily and you just can not spend a hour or two max (it took me 20 min. to pull out the factory booster and I am disabled) and 1.5 hours to teach my son how to swap out the booster . We all have too little time and too many things going on just trying to get everything done , and it is hard to find the time to do the things we want to do . I simply asked people to return their cores and did not try to offend or take aim at any of the buyers . I was not trying to start a fight , I was simply trying to help a fellow Fiero owner keep his product available . Here is hoping everyone has a great new year and that we can all keep making progress on our Fieros .
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2017 02:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 007 fieroman:

I did not start this post aiming at anyone , I simply asked people to return their cores . ....

What part of "Let's move on" didn't you get?

007 fieroman

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2017 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 007 fieromanSend a Private Message to 007 fieromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW nice art work . Such a fine example of the friendly Fiero owners on the forum . I hope you have a great year and Thank You for your input . I would like to also ask every member of the forum to donate to Cliff , now that we are in a new year . He has given Fiero owners around the world a great place to share their thoughts and information and in my opinion has put a lot of work into keeping this forum up and running and offers a wide variety of topics and places to sell ,buy ,trade , give away items , auction items , as well as a place to seek help or info . Thank you Cliff and I hope you can keep this site up and wish you a Happy New Year .
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock