Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Hmmm... Started with Fieros; ended up rich!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hmmm... Started with Fieros; ended up rich! by David Hambleton
Started on: 01-19-2017 06:22 PM
Replies: 12 (825 views)
Last post by: Torch-Red87 on 02-22-2017 05:02 PM
David Hambleton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2017 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
retroman

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2017 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for retromanSend a Private Message to retromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He saw an opportunity, and took it. Good for him!! And they say you can't get ahead while making minimum wage... lol
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2017 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Always good to hear a successful car story. Lots of work involved tho.
And, when he makes a sale, he ain't gotta ask anymore.."You want fries with that?"
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post01-20-2017 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Telling them and having it in print of how much he makes off a 250k vehicle was not wise..
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2017 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I started out rich and ended up with a FIERO
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2017 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

Telling them and having it in print of how much he makes off a 250k vehicle was not wise..

One of my first engineering/manufacturing classes had a general rule of thumb: Price items for 3X cost so you can cover labor, insurance, taxes, and other overhead expenses.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2017 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is a good example of a guy who took talent gained working on Fieros and used it to develop another business. A few guys here started with Fieros and went on to a wider business venture. One thing for certain; since they were first made, Fieros have been making skilled mechanics out of ordinary people. Whether you are a backyard, shade tree or a pro, that car will make you hone your skills. Some of the guys here will even give Chip Foose a run for the money!!!

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2017 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

Well, I started out rich and ended up with a FIERO

Yes but you have a nice Fiero!

Drewbdo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2017 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrewbdoSend a Private Message to DrewbdoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool... That's the guy I bought my "Testarossa" from a few months ago.
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2017 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pictures?

Originally posted by Drewbdo:

Cool... That's the guy I bought my "Testarossa" from a few months ago.

Torch-Red87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2017 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Torch-Red87Click Here to visit Torch-Red87's HomePageSend a Private Message to Torch-Red87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Who would by such designed cars... When you get the real mccoy like a Ferrari.. Lamborghini or Porsche for the price.
This will be never worth a dime.Looks like kid made it.
Makes no point to me.. taste phoney in all way.

Success story is more like Capristo-Exhaust, who started to sell Fiero Kit's in the 90' and now build high end exhaust systems.

Or make it on a level like N2A Motors.
Then you are a baller.

[This message has been edited by Torch-Red87 (edited 02-17-2017).]

PFF
System Bot
Drewbdo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2017 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrewbdoSend a Private Message to DrewbdoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Torch-Red87:

Who would by such designed cars... When you get the real mccoy like a Ferrari.. Lamborghini or Porsche for the price.
This will be never worth a dime.Looks like kid made it.
Makes no point to me.. taste phoney in all way.

Success story is more like Capristo-Exhaust, who started to sell Fiero Kit's in the 90' and now build high end exhaust systems.

Or make it on a level like N2A Motors.
Then you are a baller.

"Who would buy such designed cars" ?

Someone who fell in love with the Testarossa as a teenager, and now as a late-40's guy, is unlikely to be able to afford a "real" Testarossa.

Someone who gets a smile every time he sees the car sitting in his driveway. Someone who enjoys the lines of the car, even though it is "phoney".

Someone who enjoys the smiles, questions, and thumbs-up from others.

Someone who doesn't want the headaches of a "real" Ferrari, Lamborghini, or Porsche... higher maintenance costs, increased insurance rates, limited driveability.

Someone who wants to be able to drive the car weekly, not have a garage queen, worried about putting more than 1000 miles per year on the odometer, because it would reduce the value of the car.

Someone who likes to tinker with the drivetrain himself, without worrying about destroying the value of the car, due to not having the proper "documentation" and "authorized service records".

Someone who doesn't care if he is not "a baller".

Someone like me, in other words.

Even though I had the cash for a real 308, I didn't care if it was "the real McCoy". Now that I've gotten the mechanical issues fixed (myself), I'm quite happy with my replica car.

Different strokes for different folks.
Torch-Red87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2017 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Torch-Red87Click Here to visit Torch-Red87's HomePageSend a Private Message to Torch-Red87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Drewbdo:

"Who would buy such designed cars" ?

Someone who fell in love with the Testarossa as a teenager, and now as a late-40's guy, is unlikely to be able to afford a "real" Testarossa.

Someone who gets a smile every time he sees the car sitting in his driveway. Someone who enjoys the lines of the car, even though it is "phoney".

Someone who enjoys the smiles, questions, and thumbs-up from others.

Someone who doesn't want the headaches of a "real" Ferrari, Lamborghini, or Porsche... higher maintenance costs, increased insurance rates, limited driveability.

Someone who wants to be able to drive the car weekly, not have a garage queen, worried about putting more than 1000 miles per year on the odometer, because it would reduce the value of the car.

Someone who likes to tinker with the drivetrain himself, without worrying about destroying the value of the car, due to not having the proper "documentation" and "authorized service records".

Someone who doesn't care if he is not "a baller".

Someone like me, in other words.

Even though I had the cash for a real 308, I didn't care if it was "the real McCoy". Now that I've gotten the mechanical issues fixed (myself), I'm quite happy with my replica car.

Different strokes for different folks.

You didn't got the point.... sorry

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock